United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales and Service Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
250 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 744 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can make good money but they care nothing about you, your family or your needs. Supervisors are rude, aggressive and an overall hostile environment where the worst are promoted and the best are pushed down or out the door.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As is the norm in the delivery/logistics industry, time is the most precious metric of performance. That being said, striving to be leaner and more efficient means that each individual is responsible for greater shares of work. My experience as a career postal clerk has taught me not to expect a lot of support from management in advancement goals, as they are all constantly busy with something more pressing. That being said, the pay for the work and education required is pretty good and the benefits are great, as is common with government careers.
Stability, Decent Pay
Demanding/shifting schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most everything about work at the usps has been one long headache. The organization on the ground level feels lacking. From orientation on, the name of the game is Patience. Our old way or the highway is the sentiment from management. Technology of today is underutilized for simplifying operations at every level. The good and bad is that if you pass your 90 days it is hard to fire you. The bad is that you have bad management/ leadership in the hierarchy. Offices seem like fiffedoms the culture has been pretty toxic from training with on boarding to the day to day operations and interpersonal interactions between crafts/ supervisors.
benefits and pay
Kontra érvek
Slow to promote, schedules, reassignment, clique behavior in office and organizational politics
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience working with USPS began with a whirlwind of excitement. Attaining employment with a long trusted agency of the federal government was long sought after. Not long (less than 30 days) into my postal career, were the inefficiencies exposed. Incompetent and lazy management team. Unmotivated front line staff, side deals to take care of the same employees at the behest of their peers, degradation of the processing and delivery of the mail. Most postal employees in the installation I was employed in remained discontent with the constant belittling of their quality of work. Management remained largely tone deaf to the concerns of the front line. Benefits were the key to the position, and your peers become your allies on the job.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A nightmare, basically a sweat shop. If your not management your miserable. For the workload, pay needs to be increased. If your looking for a career keep LOOKING.Major changes need to be set in place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is not what it once was. There managers who don't care about their employees or other managers. They all have hidden agendas. They work you to the bone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job security but lack of work/home balance with working 6 days a week. Very few advancement or transfer opportunities. High employee turnover due to long work week and lack of other opportunities. Great benefits and stability.
Job Security
6 day work week
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the pay is excellent, the work environment can be very demanding and stressful. In some situations the work environment is not to pleasant. There is also a place for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the post office for 5 years. I loved it. I worked in a smaller town so I really felt like I was part of the community. The hours were flexible and was compensated very well.
Pro érvek
Good pay and benefits, get to know you community
Kontra érvek
The union for the clerks was horrible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My time with the postal service would be best described as productive and memorable. I had the time of my life with my day to day tasks and my coworkers were great people to be around.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is trained to believe employees are lazy and dishonest. the rate of hire for a clerk is very low. most are part time for several years. it benifits management not to hire full time because theycan use part timers anyway the like for as long as 0hours a day, six days a week or during slow times , as low as 2 hours a pay period. they often choose the option that hurts employees the most.
Kontra érvek
Management is promoted by seniority, not education or experience. many have no idea what they are doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been at my job for 41 years and now I am nearing retirement so my review reflects my thoughts at this stage of my career. Giving up responsibilities and letting go of things that give you self worth are difficult. There was a time during my career that I would have given all 5 stars to every question.
Flexibility and benefits
Physically draining and stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is unlike any other government agency. Management is allowed to treat their employees in any unprofessional manner they wish. I was bullied horribly by management. When I reported hostile work environment, bullying in the workplace, and horrible work conditions, repeatedly, upper management swept it under the carpet and pretended it never occured. It was not until I filed a Congressional Inquiry that it was even addressed, and still never dealt with. For your own personal sanity, stay far away from the USPS. It will give you nothing but heartache and regret.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was employed with USPS for 4 years. I started out as a PMR and then worked my way up to a PTF. Work location varied, as I was loaned out to other offices. Some offices were better than others. Management was a mixed bag. Some were alright and others were terrible. Lot of old timers on the job that do not seem to care anymore and do the bare minimum. Benefits and pay are good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service provided excellent training and instructions at hiring and during employment. I enjoyed feeling like an important part of the bigger machine that helped fulfill customers' needs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS was a great experience in some ways and in others it was hard. I had some amazing coworkers that became like family to me. You will work a lot of hours here. In my 5 years of experience I had maybe 2 weeks that I worked under 40 hours a week and the majority was at least 50 plus. Very hard to have a family life/work balance because this job keeps you very busy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After one week of working, you will no-longer have a heart. Georgetown post office is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. You get fired for getting sick, passing out from the heat or having a car accident on your way to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just a horrible place overall. Supervisors promise you one thing but take it away for no just reason. They only care about moving the mail. They talk to you and treat you any kind of way.
Just to pay the bills
Kontra érvek
Devalues you as a person
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is a very labor intensive one and you work long hours most of the times. Myself and my coworkers work very hard to get the job done. We care for each other and watch out for each other.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was always proud of my job and proud of the USPS institution. My co-workers were all respectful and we all worked together to get the job done. I reccomend this job to anyone willing to work hard.
All pro's
No con's
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a great place to start a career. There are so many different positions that you can apply for. Each one has it's own rewards and benefits