United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Sales Associate40 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 626 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work but pay is pretty good
There is potential to grow within this company, but you need to put time in. Sometimes up to 5 five years before you have opportunity to move up the career ladder. Also, the work is physical. You can't be a person with a major disability here. You need to be able to read, write, and speak English well to succeed as well. Schedules are up to your boss. Which can be hard to deal with.
Good job.
US Posral offers overtime and job security. You get a pension and a thrift savings plan and a social security when you reach the golden years. A great career and income.
Stressful
They will over work you at this company and stress your life out. The only thing that’s good with this company is the pay after you make regular. The work hours are terrible and often forced to stay overtime. Very hard to separate home time from work and try to schedule simple things like doctors appointment or things for your children. Very hard work also!
Takes time to move up
It's a good company to work for decent pay and good benefits but takes some time to move up . And you work 6 days a week until you do. And long lunches and split shifts.
Great company
You got to be patient and very flexible. Gotta be to work on time and customer friendly. Always take your time and do it right the first time. Work as a team and get the job done.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very competitive and fast pace. Management only care about numbers versus employee wellbeing
This could be an awesome job if management was better. It's time to remove all of the toxic old managers and replace them with current and more up to date managers who actually follows the rules and regulations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only problem I had was with my co-workers
Working at the post office was good. I had several jobs there. I worked in mail processing, retail, bulk mail unit.
I also worked in the accounting department.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As long as you don’t have an on the job injury it’s a good place, management is very unpredictable. Benefits are good,
Vacation time, sick leave, insurance premiums, retirement plans are a huge plus!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the U.S.P.S has been rewarding.
Management sucks ignorant and rude. They really need a sensitivity training. Management is the worse. They talk to the employees like they are children very disrespectful.
Pro érvek
I Love being a SSA the job is awesome.
Kontra érvek
Management is horrible they need a sensitivity training they tend to forget where they came from.
Awsome
Great company Great training Great People lots of fun working there enjoyed the journey learned a lot about the mailing of letters, packages , and the many different services they have to offer
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding and challenging place to work.
The United States Postal Service is a rewarding place to work. Things have changed over the years with the new hires. They're not as dependable and hardworking.
Not for everyone
You can work here for 10 years and be the best employee there but not advance at all. You can only become a career employee once there is a vacancy and there are a very few amount right now. The equipment is outdated and breaks down all the time. Mail is often late to arrive to the office yet you are still required to finish in time. The policies are also more strict than other work places and often just acts like a hurdle rather than helping. The people are the best part but there is a general feeling of unhappiness among co-worker, most likely because of all the inconsistency and bad management. It would be a good place to work, but there is so much that needs to be fixed.
Pro érvek
Good pay, friendly, benefits, experience
Kontra érvek
Tough job, not for everyone, wait for full time is too high right now
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employee with degree struggle to get to management.
Good pay and benefit, but not what I really like to do. I accepted the employment in hope of career advancement, but it is taking longer than anticipated.
The Hardest Part of the job
No one is hired full-time, so part-time workers have to wait for some one to retire or transfer out before becoming full-time. Unless your willing to travel up to a 50 mile radius for an opening. But stick it out and it will be worth it.
Team environment
I enjoyed working there. I learned so much working at the front counter as a sales associate. Customer Service was highly stressed and I loved it because I love working with people.
Pro érvek
Loved working customer service counter as a sales associate
Had to drive 2 hours to work everyday from Toledo, Ohio
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job with benefits and pay
I spent a week in Burlington,Vt. attending the "Window Academy"
eight hours a day for one week then I had to pass an exam in order to maintain my position as a Sales Assoc./Customer Service Rep. I was crossed trained from sorting mail of different categories to business reply ,postage due,size and weight and shape of packages learning about the different types of services offered to include retail products. There is a lot of information to absorb and that takes time.

The hardest part of the job was unloading mail from the mail trucks and the different hours to perform these functions.There were times I had to come in at twelve am other times two or three am. There were days I had to work overtime and come in on holidays depending on ones seniority in the union. The most enjoyable were my co-workers,

pay period and the five weeks of vacation I earned.
Pro érvek
good people, benefits and pay
Kontra érvek
when starting out the hours and depending where you work.
Supervisors and Union
I love being busy and busy you are in the Post Office. The customers are wonderful and I enjoy their presence . Yes, there are some not so nice customers in which I try to kill them with kindness. I have had a good run with to USPS and am thankful for what I was able to obtain while working for them. I am ready for a life change and to start a new chapter in my life
Cons are that the USPS has become very political environment with Unions fighting with Management and no one wins.
Great Benefits
Stressfull Inviromaent
Worst place ever
The sad thing is that this was my first "real" job, and it was the worst. No work/life balance at all. Managers are rude, and have favorites. Often stayed to myself, and prayed that i would be able to go home after and 8 hour shift. The pay was decent, but post office could let you go after you put in your year of hard work. This way, you can't be made a regular employee.
Pro érvek
Can listen to music on headphones
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced enviorment with public down your neck about factors/variables you have no control over.
They enforce 2-3hr lunches so they can consume you for 10-11hrs out of the day and only pay you for 8. They tell you that you have a vacation and lastt minute drop your allowance to do so. The union doesn't fight against these tactics being enforced, so they push until you break. It started with 2hr lunches only for the part-timers and fill-ins and now since they got away with it they are now enforcing it on the regulars and career clerks. No one stands up for their rights.
Pro érvek
Work in different officea, can transfer to another state and keep pay rate
Kontra érvek
2-3hr lunches enforced at times, lack of pay raise, imbalance in staff supply when others call out sick
Ok place
Temps can definitely become permanent if you have patience because it takes a few years, the older people expect you to do more than them when their salary compensates their duties, most of them miserable
Holidays off
Kontra érvek
Temp for long time, unorganized
Better communication between Craft and Upper Level Management
The decisions being made in this new Postal Service isn't Customerservice friendly. The craft employees are being pushed to their limits without adequate staffing.
Excellent benefits
Poor customer service
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés