United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

1 742 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 16 105 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will work hard every day.
Rural Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2018, július 22.
I have worked 3 weeks straight with only one day off. Out of one entire month, I had 2 days off. Pay is very good! It's very stressful because you never know when you will be off work. Depends on how much mail and packages you have that day. As a sub, you go to many different stations as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful and micromanaged by post master
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Loveland, OH2018, július 22.
Very challenging and hard on the body. Sleep and proper hydration is very necessary. No heat or AC in the truck. Need to be very mindful of numbers to street names. No advancement for Rural Carriers and no benefits unless you pay for them. Number one suggestion, join the union so you cover yourself in case of issues with management. RCA subs are guaranteed one day a week and have to work Amazon Sundays. Scheduling anything else in your life is difficult. PROs- once you get out of office no manager is hanging over your shoulder and pay is the same for everyone and decent.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Work life balance and micromanaged
Fast paced and challenging
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, július 21.
At the start of the work day, you case the magazines, flyers, and mail and then pull it down into trays that are loaded on your truck along with the packages that are to be delivered along a prescribed route. I really liked my coworkers and managers. We all helped one another. It was stressful because everything had to be done by a certain time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
high paced, stressful, difficult to make career position
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, OH2018, július 20.
not a bad place to work, very high paced, can be quite stressful, no designated "end time" for your workday - you finish when you are done delivering all your mail and packages. The only major issue with hours for rca's is that you HAVE to work every SINGLE weekend - I mean every saturday (with rotating sundays) which is difficult if you have a family. The only other issue is that it is VERY DIFFICULT to make a career position out of this - you have to wait your turn in order of seniority at YOUR LOCATION for someone to retire - if you transfer to a different location your seniority starts all over again. At my location management is good, and really does try to work with you - I have no issues with getting time off - except for saturdays lol.
Pro érvek
good pay, good management, benefits - but you have to pay for them they are not included
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Fun and Fast Pace
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2018, július 20.
Fun fast pace environment that would keep you on your toes. Always new encounters every day and everyone working there was nice, Just wish I could get more hours as a rural carrier.
Fast pace
Not many hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
assistant rural carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pahrump, NV2018, július 20.
I enjoy most aspects of the job but am in need of more hours. Job is to deliver packages to customers homes and business.You are basically on your own with little supervision during the day.
Pro érvek
working outside on your own
Lack of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay, hard on your body
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2018, július 20.
If you are a young person and want to make a lot of money, this is the place for you. Make sure you do not have a family, because you will never see them, and you will not have time to spend that big check.
Benefits, money
no life
great job but no life
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waynesboro, PA2018, július 19.
It takes forever to get a career position and until you get that position, your life will revolve around work. You will be on call, you will never get your days off, but you will be compensated well for the life they suck out of you.
good pay
no life
Productive and Self Managing
Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Windom, MN2018, július 19.
I am responsible for getting every letter and parcel out to the public on time and accurately every day any way possible.

The hardest part of the job is the weather. I deliver in climate conditions from -75 F to 110F through icy road conditions through to a heat wave every year.

The best part of my job is I am responsible for every piece of mail/ parcels on a daily basis. I love the individuality of the job.

The United States Postal Service has exceptional benefits. The Postal Service also pays at a much higher rate than any national average.
Reimbursment for car expenses
Kontra érvek
Long hours, inclement weather dangers
Hard but satisfying job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Medford, OR2018, július 19.
Start time 7:30 am, organize "case" mail, magazines and small parcels into dividers separated in route delivery, get cart with all large parcels and organize by route delivery. Pull down mail into trays in order and load everything in vehicle. If you are a rural carrier you must provide your own vehicle unless you are designated on a route that comes with one. City carriers typically drive LLV (mail truck), ProMaster, van, 2-ton truck (like UPS) depending the route the post office assigns. Drive to the route and deliver in order. Get 30 minute lunch whenever and wherever you desire but don't stray too far from the route. Finish up and bring back mail and packages that couldn't be delivered to the office. Loved the people I worked with, they make the job fun. I hated casing the route and tried to get out of the office ASAP. Learning the route is most difficult but gets easier each time so you have to be patient in the learning curve. Liked my managers, no problems there. Had to leave due to personal circumstances, otherwise would still be there
Pro érvek
Pay is good, plenty of overtime if you desire, fun being outdoors and on your own
Kontra érvek
Work-life balance, be prepared to work long hours especially during the holidays, mail trucks are not air-conditioned
great job
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MS2018, július 18.
USPS is a great job but has no benefits. I hate working every weekend! And its going to take years for you to became a regular employee to get the great benefits. And the summer days are the worst. You have too mske sure you stay hydrated because you can get sick really quick
great pay
Kontra érvek
no benifits for part time employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great opportunity to provide for my family
Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mabank, TX2018, július 18.
The United States postal system allowed me a way to provide for my family and also be there for my kids at the same time. It also gives me a way to provide insurance for my family.
Pro érvek
Great benefits for my family
Kontra érvek
Hard work takes a lot of dedication
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
fast paced
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South Carolina2018, július 18.
deliver parcels as well as mail so job duties are probably not what you might think as compared to ten years ago. need to be willing to spend money on a route vehicle if an LLC is not provided.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job, when treated right and fairly
Regular Rural Carrier(Retired) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Francestown, NH2018, július 18.
Management needs FULL review of how employees are treated and helped when needed!!!
Had MANY instances when I asked for help, EVEN GOING THRU UNION, NEVER got assistance in finding a substitute carrier for my days off.
Had to CONSTANTLY find someone MYSELF!!
7 years of doing that!!
Worst Job of my Life
RURAL CARRIER ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Silverdale, WA2018, július 17.
I was a Rural Carrier Assistant. I was scheduled for only 1 day every 2 weeks on one route. This seemed fine because I was in school anyway and I knew I'd be on call for all other days. It was not fine. Not only would My regular call out constantly, I soon figured out that all the other assistants were quitting due to overwork so I was thrown on all other routes as well. It got to the point where I had to tell my supervisor I was going to fail out of school if I didn't get more time off. He tried to accommodate me but people just kept quitting and there were no other subs to help. I finally had to leave when I was scheduled 6 days in a row for 2 weeks, for like the 10th time. Also, the subs are treated like garbage. They were thrown on routes they didn't even know. If they weren't back before six the other subs working that day had to go BACK out after a 9-10hr shift to help them finish. I averaged 10hrs a shift. Id be pretty whiped out by the time I got to my homework. Also, when you do your assigned route you get paid "evaluated" time instead of hourly. The evaluated times were bogus and not adjusted for the RIDICULOUS amount of Amazon package that would grow in volume on a weekly basis. I would work 2 hrs over the evaluated time on the route on a regular basis and not be paid for it. When I noticed I was behind I would skip lunch to avoid more unpaid time at work. This pay system encourages employees to rush through their jobs and results in reckless driving, damaging product, etc. The Post office claims to care about your safety while making you drive  több... death trap vehicles that can reach 100 degrees in the summer with no AC. USPS is just another job where a company tries to figure out how much they can work someone before they break. Would have made things slightly better if they offered paid vacation or sick leave. They dont. If you want health insurance be prepared to give up half your paycheck as well. Dont expect any benefits, weekends, or free time in general if you work there. I know I've basically rambled but theres too much to complain about.  kevesebb
Hourly wage
Kontra érvek
Always getting called in, never knowing what the day holds until you walk in the door
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Dependent on your situation
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Clair, MI2018, július 17.
Starting on the rural side as an RCA can be difficult to make enough money to live off of. You aren't guaranteed many hours until you start to rise up the seniority list and have to scrounge to get by for a bit if you live on your own. I started at the age of 19 and still lived with my parents so this was a viable option. If you are in a situation where you need to make ends meet though I can't recommend this job. There are almost no benefits as an RCA and it could take up to 15 years to make regular which is the goal everyone will have. Job isn't overly difficult, package volume makes things more difficult than it did a few years ago, but easily doable to keep an eight hour work day. Job is difficult on some of the older carriers and makes for a difficult workplace culture at times as their miserable and negative outlook on things kinda weights the atmosphere down.
Pro érvek
Work on your own, decent pay
Kontra érvek
No benefits until full time, bad union, sometimes clueless upper management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Straight-forward job, pretty easy, long days in the winter months.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, NH2018, július 16.
I liked the job for the most part with the major downside being a lack of career advancement. I was lucky enough to fill in full time for a regular carrier for 9 months. Once the regular carrier came back full time I was down to 1 day a week/every other week. This ultimately made my decision to change jobs.
Pro érvek
Working alone 99% of the time, no one to criticize how you do your job.
Kontra érvek
Required the purchase of a POV in order to perform job functions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part time carrier, 38 hours.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Lebanon, NY2018, július 16.
No benefits or paid time off. Job itself was stress free although challenging at times(around holidays and poor weather). Positive work atmosphere and friendly people.
Pro érvek
You are in charge of your days work.
Kontra érvek
No full time benefits, no chance to get there.
Did not like the job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Point, MS2018, július 16.
Never knew when u would be working. I would get called in to relieve other carriers at any time. Always had to work saturdays and around holidays. Never was able go on vacations due to might get called in
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Personal insight
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lee, FL2018, július 15.
My most enjoyable part o the job is when I come in and is able to have casual conversations with my co-workers almost about anything and everything. It makes me feel like we are family.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van