United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 162 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 162 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 860 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect you to deliver as fast as the regular carrier after a week or so, which is totally unreasonable. Management called my phone every hour while I was delivereing. This is a safety issue and created a stressful work environment. They don't care if you're new, just don't come back with mail . The job is too physical. Don't apply here.
Pay
Kontra érvek
stressful work environment, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a life this job is not for you. Post Office owns you. Stressful. Good money but I want to enjoy life. This job wont let you. Depends on your supervisor. My supervisor didnt like me n the way she would talk to me n others was way wrong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is good for a young person with no life and no self worth. Everyone is rude and cut throat. Good luck during the holiday seasons. I am sure cattle is treated better than you will be.
Pro érvek
Plenty of hours if you want them
Kontra érvek
The job is hard on your body and management could care less about your health.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s been a blast working for the postal service, I’ve been working in a few offices since I started up in May, I was hired in February but due to COVID I had to wait a few months to start, and I enjoy working with everybody up there, like I said I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS promotes those who get in trouble because the union is so powerful. The worse you are the more likely you are to be promoted. Those who show up and do their job and do it well are then required to do the jobs of others who just don't have the time, or showed up late, or not at all. I had a route that the previous carrier took 8.5 hours to do every day, and I did it in under 5. This carrier threatened people at work, and walked out and quit. I was promoted, given the route, worked it for 7 months, when I was told the former employee and the union had fought to get his job back and it was his route again, and i would be demoted to part time carrier. Not to mention I had written approval to be off for my child's surgery and they called me in on that day and scheduled me and said they didn't care if my child was having surgery or that I had previously be given written approval by a previous postmaster, that if I didn't show, I would be considered AWOL and be put before a disciplinary board for termination.
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 4
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 12
Munkahelyi kultúra
You must purchase a right hand drive vehicle to even have a chance to be successful. You must be a quick-twitch type of person. You must be able to memorize large amounts of information. You must be fast at casing mail, sorting packages and delivering. You must be mentally tough because this job is a mental beat-down. You will work in the rain and heat as well. You'll spend considerable time repairing your car.
$18.56 per hour, $0.72 per mile
Kontra érvek
Unreasonable work load, no lunch, no breaks, 12 hard hours per day, 6 day work week, 72 hours per week, work every Sat/Sun/holiday, use your own car with numerous repair costs, inadequate & brief training, delivering NUMEROUS packages is the worst thing
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been an RCA for nearly three years in two different offices. Read many reviews on here about management. Some of it is true, but I've had some great supervisors as well. So i think it really just depends on the office.

The best thing about the job is the pay. I mean I work part-time about 25-30 hours a week and make more than many friends working full time. As an RCA you will work every single weekend and most of holidays because the regulars always take the day after those off. And it's usually very heavy mail volume so it's like doing two days work in one and only getting paid for one.

It's a fast paced and physical job, so better for a young person. You will have some great co-workers and some that seem like they're mad at the world. But it's one of those jobs where you really don't have to talk to them. I think I've learned some valuable things about customer service and have grown as a person. So I think overall working for USPS has been a positive experience.

I would try to apply at small or medium size office because it's just less stressful that way. There's no retirement or other benefits until you go full time, which in most cases will take years. Delivering for customers is probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pro érvek
Good Pay, part time, get to meet new people
Kontra érvek
No weekends off, very few benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
You barely get training or poor training and are expected to be quick right in the beginning or you will get very few hours. The quicker you can get done the faster you can go home so they don't have to pay you a full 40 hours. If you spend 40 hours in your first week of training they will schedule you only 1 or 2 days to make sure you can't get 40 hours.
Pro érvek
no lunch, no breaks, get to go home after 5 to 6 hours.
Kontra érvek
only work 2 days a week if you try to get 8 hours a day in while training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Your estimated route time is how long they think it will take you to run a route.
That route time is based on experienced carriers, and a pre-pandemic workload.

As you can imagine, online shopping has increased and that means an estimated route is 8 hours but it'll take you closer to 10 or 12 depending on the route. That means you might be working a 60 hour week and only getting paid for 40.

They may only schedule you for 1 day a week, but you can't work a second job because you need to be available to them all 7 days.

You will regularly be scheduled for one day and come in the next day and you're working 5 days with no notification. You need to check that schedule every day.

The trucks you drive are barely operational and not street safe.

Expect to break down. Often.

PS the truck might spontaneously combust.

And RCAs/ ARCs dont qualify for federal benefits until they make "regular." Which you can't until someone retires.

You will work every holiday and weekend.

"But the post office is closed sundays and federal holidays?" You aren't. They made a contract with amazon and you're working it.
No nights
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part time position they expect you to be at their beck and call at the last minute and be waiting by the phone. Incredulous attitude toward you when you are unable to go in to work.
Pro érvek
Work solo once out of the facility.
Kontra érvek
Degrading reprimands in front of all employees on the work floor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has it perks but not with the area I worked in., I was treated very unfairly and was fired without cause. Not given proper care when accidents happened. Just awful my 10 years there
Munkahelyi kultúra
The worst job I ever had HANDS DOWN! The management lie right to your face. It was not surprising to see/hear the management being CUSSED OUT! Yes you read right, cussed out!
The Union.....I guess
Kontra érvek
No health benefits, forced to work late, no uniforms, sometimes had to use your own vehicle to make runs. The list can go on, but I will stop there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I used to love coming into work. Then the drama started. Cut throat coworkers and managers who pretend to care. If you want any kind of social life or time to do anything besides work and sleep, do not work as a carrier! Especially as an RCA or a CCA. Been working everyday, 10-15 hrs each day since Thanksgiving of 2019. Had stretches of months go by without a day off. Sleep deprivation. Heath declined. And yet they still expect you to give more. As long as they “have a body to deliver” they don’t give a rats bum about you.
Pro érvek
Free water and maybe a “thanks”
Kontra érvek
No breaks, no days off, drama. No life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been with usps 16 years my life and hard work doesn't matter to them. I got hurt on the job because of them and they did not even want to pay me. I have no rights there and office thugs have harassed me since day one. one trashy thieving employee always thinks I owe her something, when I don't. The office trash gangs up against me and absolutely nothings done. I am tired of being mistreated over a job that doesn't care if I live or die. I am hunting another job after 16 years with this horrible company. Who says I have to give up my day off so the office trash who has always harassed me from day 1 can take a freaking vacation together. I am dying with kidney stones and My Mother may have congestive heart failure! I cant even work for myself! They hire me a sub and allow them to work for the trash who has always harassed me even though that trash is on an overtime list! I cant have overtime!!! I am bankrupt because of this sickening Company I wasted 16 years on! I hate USPS
nothing it sucks
its a sucky job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dont waste your time. The reason they get people in is to use them up for them to pay their older employees retirement benefits. Even if they "hire" you. Your not guaranteed a job. They just wanna use you like a battery. They dont respect anyone, even if you do a good job they wont think twice to throw you under the bus. Definitely not worth the time and energy for this job. Your better off finding another job. Trust me.
Direct deposit.
Everything!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have the most awesome Management team, she goes above and beyond for her carriers.. Work can be hectic but that's just the way the postal service is sometimes.. he makes it fair and wants everyone to work as a team.. I highly recommend applying for a job with any postal service near you....
Awesomely supportive Management
Kontra érvek
Sometimes grown women acting like kids..
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started as a Rural Sub and after moving up the seniority list I got a route of my own. It was a great job!! Once mail is sorted to thd route you leave and its you and your people. Great Days!!!
money, hours, location, benefits
its hard work!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
12 hours a day, 14 days straight. If you like to be busy, and you can figure things out on your own, with slight to no encouragement, this is for you. If you approach jobs wanting to know the big picture, move on. This isn't for you.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Bad scheduling, long hours, no confidence building
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much work for only one person. And then they ask you to do something else after you finish your route. I feel like I am not getting paid enough. They sometimes abuse their workers too.
Makes me lose weight.
No benefits at all
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone starts as part time, some benefits. Lifting is very heavy, no heat/AC in postal vehicles. You cannot change positions easily. There are to many time restrictions on delivering the mail. Subs are always on call everyday of the week.
Medical Benefits
Management is not fair
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés