United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
3 287 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are young and don't mind if you don't have any ideas of how many hours you will work or where this is for you. Gossip seems to be the number one conversation point.
Well paid
Kontra érvek
Lots of pressure, insufficient training
Munkahelyi kultúra
The regulars acted like spoiled princesses. They didn't feel like coming in they called out and the subs would have to fill in as well as doing their own route. It didn't matter if you knew the route or not you had to do it. No disciplinary actions towards this behavior. Subs treated like dirt. They FORCED YOU to go to another post office to do a route you never been on and you get NO HELP.
Pro érvek
If you knew the route it wasn't a hard job
Kontra érvek
Managers don't care about subs
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job gave me such bad anxiety in the beginning because I let them get in my head about hurrying up. Then reality hit and I thought no, it’s just mail. My experience with management has been great so far. My manager has been very helpful! I’m just struggling with the workload and longevity of this actual position. There’s a lot of heavy lifting, standing, walking, baking in the hot sun, and don't forget time restraints put on you. Is this good for long term? I’m sure the repetitive motions and everything else will start to wear on the body eventually... Overall I’ve enjoyed the pay the most.
Pro érvek
Helpful teammates because they’ve all been through what new employees are going through.
Kontra érvek
No work life balance, None career employee until 2+ years, On the road for hours no bathroom, Heavy workload daily especially after holiday, Rude customers waiting on mail
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not the worst job I've ever had but they don't keep you informed about a lot of things and you don't know until the last minute. Management doesn't seem to know what they are doing and wait til it's too late to make decisions. Co-workers are mostly decent, but there is a lot of consistent back stabbing. I'm somewhere in the middle with this job, they don't hire seasonal help and stick you with a lot of extra things to do, for the most part I am indifferent about it.
Decent money.
Kontra érvek
Management isn't all bad, but you never hear, hey good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at United States Postal Service is like a sinking ship. Everyone is out to help themselves and watch the rest of us burn.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The money was okay. The constant calls from the manager while driving the vehicle was distracting and put a lot of pressure on you. They expect you to learn the route asap.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They treat us like we're machines, not people. They work us 65 to 70 hours a week with only 1 day off per week. Even federal holidays are not a guarantee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very hard work and huge learning curve. A lot of pressure when start to meet expected time. Most workers are great to work with and helpful. Bad management.
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get hired on as a "temp" more or less and told of all the great benefits you will get once you make career (full time) yet it takes years to get to this point. During your stent as a "temp" you get almost no benefits, just straight pay and are worked to death. literally. you essentially have no rights, and can almost be fired at will. Most management is horrible and have no idea how to do your job, yet they tell you how you should be doing it. Inept & stupid rules & policies that hamper you from doing your job efficiently. Money is good, but it's a lot of BS to put up with for it.
Pro érvek
high hourly pay, great benefits once you make career
Kontra érvek
long days, physical work, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at United States Postal Service is, By time you leave work you do not have a personal life, your are to tired and exhausted. With all the political mail you can work 11 hours on you only get paid for 8Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are, noneJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at United States Postal Service, I think, I want to guarantee one day a weekCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at United States Postal Service is, greatOverallMy experience working at United States Postal Service, Terrible I felt like a slave
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at United States Postal Service is non existent.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are fair.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at United States Postal Service, I think that once you get set into a carrying position it is a secure job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postmaster at my office was degrading and little to no help and training was basically following a rural carrier then thrown into the job with no more help with expectations of a carrier being on the job 3 months to a year.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Organization is basically a high cliche bullys and little help to succeed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceBe prepared to work 6 days a week or 1, and having both encouraging support and understanding and also apathetic disregard. Understand that you will never be fast enough.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great place to work but must be willing to be available any day. The pay is good but when you can't ever plan anything its not worth it. My co-workers are all great very helpful.
Kontra érvek
Expect you to drop anything to work 4 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on where you work, it become a great company to work for, some stations are very nice and organized, but some are all over the place and aren’t structured correctly.
Schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired as a Rural Carrier Associate and was lied to about the amount of hours and had to wait almost four months to be paid after I resigned due to lack of hours. They are so behind the times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a hard job. Harder than you may expect. When our place is understaffed, it's not uncommon to work 6 days in a row. That being said, you're not the only one doing it. Everyone will work hard, work a ton of days, and support each other.I value my time there but you really do live at work. It's pretty common, especially starting out, to work over 10-12 hours.If you only care about pay, this is the right job for you.
Pro érvek
Very independent job. When you finish your route, you can be done. Team building.
You live at work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much asked of carriers. Almost as if they don't know what direction the company is going. Regular mail, magazines, Express mail, certified letters, and TONS of Amazon. Pay structure is horrible. They pay you for 7 hours even if you work 10. All about route evaluations, and hurrying hurrying hurrying. You can take a lunch but expect to get finished when it's dark outside if you choose to take one.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceThis place wants to make your job your life. They ask you to come in on days off. They will call you and text you with questions while you’re on vacation.Pay & benefitsDon’t get me wrong, for only needing a high school education and a driver’s license, the pay is good. It is extremely difficult to read your pay-check to see if you’ve been short changed because of how complicated it is. Also part of being paid is keeping up with tons of paperwork in addition to the other thousands of responsibilities you have. Overtime is actually easier to make as a part timer than a full time employee, and it is almost exclusively given out during Christmas time.Job security and advancementJob Security: You can be completely incompetent, as long as you don’t steal or throw the mail in the garbage or get arrested. Only those extremes will get you terminated. As far as advancement, yes you can become management, but I wouldn’t call that a step up. A carrier leaves once they complete their route. Management leaves once all the carriers get back. Lots of slow and incompetent carriers equals bringing a sleeping bag and toothbrush to the office.ManagementUseless. The most common answer you will get to any question you might have for them is I don’t know. Some micromanage, some just sit at their desk all day. All of them love to use the intercom. They like to be heard, they just don’t have any answers.CultureIt’s best to treat this place like prison. Keep a low profile and keep to yourself. I do have co workers who are also very close friends, but for the most part the - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been here for 3 years and it has had its ups and downs but overall it's a fun place to work. Management can be iffy at times just do your job and go home
Pro érvek
Good benefits when you are career
Kontra érvek
Very hard work and management dont care