United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 906 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 149 értékelés megtekintése
Love
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lamesa, TX2020, január 22.
I love working for the Post Office and I love the people I work with. I only work Saturdays right now but I know in time I will receive more hours. Great Benefits
N/a
Rural Postal Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Bloomfield Township, MI2020, január 22.
The hours where great.. Good people to work with very simple work I didn’t have any problems with any one . Postal service have good pay and good benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lampasas, TX2020, január 22.
Great job to have with a bright future some difficult time but co workers and managers will try to help as much as possible, environment is safe and well maintained
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postmasters have years in the co. but dont know what there doing.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Moncure, NC2020, január 22.
Very unorganized for being one of the biggest services in the US. Routes are all across the county and you back track across other route to finish the route you have.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Physical & mental stress not worth the job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Placerville, CA2020, január 22.
Worst choice I ever made. Lack of info with job hrs and benefits during long hiring process.
Long shifts (9-14hrs) into the dark on secluded rural roads. No access for a bathroom, time to eat anything but quick snack. Poor morale and working conditions in ancient postal bldg filled with asbestos. No support to complete training of new carriers.
4,0
Great place to work.
Rural Carrier Assistant (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Acworth, GA2020, január 22.
It is a lot of hard work but like anything, it's hard until it becomes easy, and very rewarding in the end. Starting out will be a little intimidating but hang in there.
Very challenging
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Montoursville, PA2020, január 21.
Can be very stressful during peak days. Expected to make evaluated time in a very short time when not always carrying same route. As a sub work is on a as needed basis. Would be great for semi-retired person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good job. Friendly co-workers.
Rural Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Centerville, IN2020, január 21.
Felt I was pushed out because of my age. For a younger person, it’s a great job with opportunities to move up the ladder and good retirement program. Good insurance.
I would go back
Rural Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clinton, IN2020, január 21.
I would go back as a clerk. Nothing wrong with be a RCA. I enjoyed the people and the pay, sometimes hours. Does it hectic and busy during the holidays but that's where you make bank.
Utter despair
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Liberty hill, TX.2020, január 21.
RCA. The Postmaster hates you, the regulars think you are an idiot, the office workers don't know why you are there, haven't quit. If you enjoy being miserable, the USPS is for you. Bought a right hand drive vehicle to help speed delivery up enough to not get fired.
Pro érvek
Other RCAs and CCAs are great.
The USPS.
Hard work little pay
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2020, január 20.
Extreamly hard work with not being paud adequately. Always being pushed to be faster to the point of almost being unsafe. Most offices are poorly managed.
Poor Managment
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Atkinson, WI 535382020, január 20.
Understaffed due to very little to no training on the routes and duties to be performed causing the position to be very frustrating and confusing. No consistency with the schedule , is changed 2 to 3 times every week making it difficult to schedule any personal plans.
No Life, No say, No Union working for RCAs, we are their bargaining chips
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York State2020, január 20.
My personal issues, not the same for others......In NYS, not nyc.... Working for the USPS seemed elusive years back, but one day I happened across their really outdated website/application process and saw CAREER OPPORTUNITIES and applied. It took 2 months I accepted the position in hopes I would get my foot in the door. Heads up: THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY WAY TO GET A FULL-TIME CAREER POSITION AS A RURAL CARRIER IS IF SOMEONE RETIRES (which can take years and years), GOES OUT ON DISABILITY OR THEY HAPPEN TO CREATE A NEW ROUTE AND YOU ARE IN LINE FOR IT!!! You are hired as a substitute (fill-in) to cover days off, call outs, vacations.....you have to be available every day and cannot have another job. Usually in small offices you are assigned to only 1 carrier whose route you will cover.....that is where you may truly only get 1 day a week...absurd.....until Christmas. But in a fairly large office, with many routes, you do not get assigned to 1 carrier, you are scheduled as needed, where needed.....I fortunately have never worked less then 4 days a week, thank God, usually 5, and lately 6. Heads up: Christmas can be up to 72 hours a WEEK for about 3 weeks (530am start time). Parcel delivery on Sundays and holidays were not into play when I first started but the last few years my office became an Amazon hub, we deliver on Sundays and holidays. This year they decided on Thanksgiving we had to run parcels. Usually Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years Day were “safe” definite HOLIDAYS for carriers. Note: There is no differtial pay for Sunday’s and Holidays, and they manipulate your  több... schedule/hours so as to not exceed 40 hours....and yet you can be MANDATED! For e.g. You will do a full route and then have to split parts of another route if there are not enough RCAS, or go back out to help a struggling carrier who will not finish in time. You can be told to go run parcels (all over the place) (whether you know the route or not) parcels a regular carrier could not fit in their truck or parcels that may have arrived late, this is after you are done upon returning to the office to go home.....talk about anxiety, never knowing when you are working, where you are working, and just when you think you are done and ready to go home BAM!...You GET ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFITS, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.....this is especially bittersweet if you are blessed to get nearly full-time hours which many many do not...here you bust your buttand do not earn paid leave even,.....when and how are we supposed to recover? And the day after a holiday, oh my goodness, DOUBLE THE WORK....TRIPLE IF SHORT STAFFED.....the mail trucks are ancient, break downs occur daily...that also is a reason you may be sent back out to help a distressed carrier......there is no good heat, your feet are like ice blocks unless you invest in good gear, same in the summer...like an oven.......you will get carpal tunnel, bum knees, bad back and shoulders,.....every day you have to sort about 100-200 parcels in every size, shape, weight....lately they have been the biggest parcels ever, furniture, groceries, tires, rotors, exhaust pipes, things the size of a door, ....insane..6ft tall stacks of catalogs and magazines....you have to sort and try to put 2 + inches of “mail” into 1” slots................back to heavy parcels, right, so I asked one guy why is this so heavy like a cement block, ....it is LEAD he said, I’m thinking “what the.....”.............and yes, you load your own truck, you handle everything 3 times, sorting, loading, delivering..........PROS: ...the pay is ok but they lowered it by $5 an hour years back......with 40 hrs a week and Christmas overtime you can make 41k.......and if you are 40 yrs on the job a regular carrier makes 70k.....if you love the outdoors in any weather this is the job for you......if you love fast paced this is the job for you.......if you don’t care about having much of a life this is the job for you.......some other areas and offices might be just fine but in this area we are slammed, good for money, not good for no set time off, schedule changes multiple times A DAY, .....one minute you are off, next minute you are not, one minute you are on this route, the next minute you are on another route.....whether you like it or not , whether you want to work 6 days a week or not,......it is unbelievable to me that the USPS cannot work better with their support staff, ....they put absolutely no thought into scheduling, ...and the USPS should be held accountable to how they treat RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATES.....THE NRLCA UNION DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THE PLIGHT OF THE RCA. Better pay and earned time off, and to be able to eventually buy back years of dedicated service toward retirement, Sunday and holiday pay ......it would compensate being “on-call”, being mandated, and for the toll it takes on your body. Good Luck  kevesebb
Very good place to work
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Somerville, AL2020, január 20.
Fast paced but flexible but great place for benefits, very supportive in helping learn on the job skills . The only set back Is having your own right hand drive for routes. You have to have a back up vehicle and your own insurance in case of accidents.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Stress of running numerous routes
Great!
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vincennes, IN2020, január 20.
I enjoyed working for the USPS very much! Loved the people and the customers I served. Would love to return one day. It’s fast paced and very busy always but was a very rewarding place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard if not impossible to advance
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Proctor, AR2020, január 19.
What is a long process to get hired had to take a test and upon scoring proper score I have to go to training then I received the job as an RCA and have been there for a year and 7 months it has been rather difficult to advance further in this career overall I do like working for the Postal Service I like delivering the mail. It is difficult to advance. achieve
Great pay
Kontra érvek
Difficult to advance (for me)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers Good! PM/work conditions, not so good!
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Filer, ID2020, január 19.
I absolutely loved my co-workers! They were amazing, caring and so helpful! The people on my route were so great and some would even try to make sure they met me by their box so they could say "Hello", ask me how I was, tell me that I was doing good! They'd look in my car and see how packed and stacked it was and how I had to stretch my left leg and arm over to the left so I could drive and couldn't even get my seatbelts on because of how I had to sit to drive and slide back and forth at every box and stretch to deliver the mail and struggle getting in and out to deliver packages that wouldn't fit in boxes. They'd tell me they couldn't do that and they didn't understand why I didn't have a right hand drive vehicle like the others set up for mail delivery to make it easier for me. They'd always tell me to have a good day and they would see me again next day that I worked! I also had some that would tell me how much they appreciated me and that they thought that I would give them outstanding service, when I'd help them get a big and heavy package in!
My PM (Postmaster) on the other hand, while I was the only RCA that they had and the senior sub he was pretty good to me, but after he hired a guy for one of the other routes and this guy lucked into a right hand drive vehicle, my PM started making me feel pressured and stressed and even texted me telling me that the new guy that had a right hand drive vehicle that was set up for mail delivery, was at least twice as fast as me at every box and so we needed to get me faster, then a 3rd was hired and got put on the only route with
  több... an llv and of course was much faster driving that! I never gave up and I would always finish my route! I did really good at getting all my mail/ packages delivered to the right place until my last couple of months, then I had a couple mis-deliveries as I was feeling more stressed from my PM,because he would constantly text or call me while I was on route and it was hard for me to try to read and respond to a text while driving and texts and calls would slow me down even more on my route!  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
delivering mail is fun
RCA/Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hennessey, OK2020, január 19.
anyone who loves to drive backroads and mud, will love delivering mail on the rural route. its a blast and also lots of fun and expensive to fix your own vehicles with the damages the roads do to them, but you get paid very well.
Rca
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stafford, VA2020, január 18.
I started there in August 2019 and now I’m leaving. If you aren’t a regular carrier you have no work life balance. You are subject to get called in on your off days. You are constantly thrown on new routes every week that you don’t know and are expected to know them. As an RCA you are only supposed to do RCA work but the supervisor make you do the PSE work. They expect you to constantly deliver mail out your car.camail
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
4,0
Great job
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Selma, AL2020, január 18.
Great company to work for and you’re compensated for your work! The job gets overwhelming at times, but it’s rewarding! The hours can be long and the workload gets heavy around the holidays, but it’s a great job to have!
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van