United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 709 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 793 értékelés megtekintése
Is a great job to have
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Winder, GA2019, október 21.
Is a great job to have. Little supervision and is not micro managed. Staff working there are awesome to have as coworkers. Definitely recommend for people to apply or this job. Especially if is something the will enjoy doing.
rural carrier associate
Rural carrier associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrison, AR2019, október 21.
i enjoyed my time wiht the post off and would much liek to go back to working for them however the wait time from being part time to full time was to great to be able to support a family off of and the work was to random to have a second job
Rural Carrier Assistant
RURAL CARRIER ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vernon, AL2019, október 21.
Daily delivery of United Postal Service mail and packages. Great management. Federal employment. Positive and steady work. Customer and employee satisfaction.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding with great benefits
Career Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2019, október 21.
Start the day with checking safety of your truck. Case all mail from hot case, ffs,and tubs. Sort out dps to case. mark all packages and put markers in case. Pull down to set up mail for route delivery. Load all packages and mail in truck to make easy delivery for route. Deliver mail and packages the way the route is set up.
You learn a lot of ways to make ur job safe and faster.
Management is not for their employees rather than all about customer service and getting mail and packages delivered. Work place is hostile at points and other times chill. I love my job and what i do. the people i work with make it fun at work.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
extra long works days, 1 day off a week, sick time off, family time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a postal worker is more than you think
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burton, MI2019, október 21.
I came into the job very excited but very soon i realized that being a carrier you are very over worked and under paid just like the rest of these jobs. It’s not just about mail delivery and dealing with the public and their attitudes about things that’s above your pay grade. You really have to choose an office that cares about you as a person and not just the mail getting out. Sunday delivery is a mess at the flint main office. You really don’t matter or get good benefits until you become a regular.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible place to work set you up to fail as a part time worker
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westport, MA2019, október 20.
Management does nothing there was violence in the work place gossip, antiquated equipment postal vehicles are old and unsafe. Work on routes with no training, all around not a good place to work.
Easy job and great pay
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, TN2019, október 20.
The job is fairly easy and great pay! Easy to succeed here! Awesome job security! There are great people within the post office that will help you elevate
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrendous unethical treatment from management. Hostile work environment always.
Rural Letter Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2019, október 19.
After 4 years of working as a Sub Rural Carrier Assistant with the hope of soon becoming a Regular full time career employee and no longer having to sit by my phone from 7-9am as On Call ready to come in 5 days a week They only guaranteed you ONE day of work a week ( usually Saturdays) so the regular route Carrier for your assigned route has a relief day off other than Sundays of course. No way to really make plans for your home life Lots of ridiculous paperwork and red tape and hoops to jump through to ask for any time off and that’s without pay!!! Four years and haven’t earned a single day of paid time off for sickness or vacation time!!!!
The office has a very strong resemblance of what it feels like to be an animal or inmate with the Supervisors and Management are Wardens and Guards. Playing mind games and bullying for their own entertainment and pleasure .
Filing grievances to get help calls the Union rep in and it gets you nowhere ( goes endlessly for months in circles with paperwork and red tape ) Unresolved and now you are personal vendetta against them.
You will hear in meetings that the office has been growing so more new routes are coming up and other things to make you think about just hanging in there a little longer than you’ll finally get a route and full time career status with all the federal employees benefits . But after a while, all the promising things that they were saying, have been recanted. Poof gone!
If you play their games and do whatever they ask ( basically living in the post office working days on end and not being paid on random
  több... paychecks for those extra hours, because they needed to cover their own butts for having too much overtime on payroll with the regional district office.
It’s a shame.
Not all post office locations are like this one is but from talking with others from across the US, the garbage that goes on like this, is the majority. Folks working as Subs for 10+ years before finally getting a route and fulltime career status is ridiculous to me. I don’t Owe the Post Office! They Owe ME!
Sorry for my rant. I just feel that people go into this job thinking of honor and integrity in the USPS as a entity but aren’t aware of what’s it really like behind the scenes with all the unnecessary stress and the toll that it takes on your mind body and God forbid you have a family life

Best of luck. I hope that you find one of the Better managed Offices!
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Few weeks of paid classroom training, at local distribution plant
Kontra érvek
High stress, exposure to the elements, management expectations unrealistic and highly dangerous Life put at risk for speedy delivery, really all of this job is Cons
I enjoy my job at USPS
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South Hill, VA2019, október 18.
Working in the postal field can be challenging at times but rewarding overall. I enjoy learning new things within the post office and learning new routes to assist with carrying.
Good compensation and benefits
Kontra érvek
I can not think of any cons of this position
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun working environment only if you work fast
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Aptos, CA2019, október 17.
Not going to lie, I did like working as a rural carrier associate (RCA). For me, delivering the mail/parcels was fun. The people there are great, honest, hard-working people. However, I had a difficult time casing the mail and organizing the parcels every single morning before going on my route. For (1), they do not allow their RCA's to use their scanners to get their parcels (100 or more a day) organized, unlike the CCA's who do get to use them (and they get paid more to use the scanners). It would take me a couple of hours to get the parcels organized so I could at least get them all delivered. (2) It would take me more than 6 hours to get the mail AND the parcels delivered to all the addresses (see #4). (3) RCA's do not get benefits after a year, they do not get an union like the city carriers, and it is really hard work.... My back started to hurt after my shift was over. (4) After a certain amount of days (they say 90 days but management says 5 weeks??), they will only pay you for 8 hours of work... So, if you work more than 8 hours a day as a RCA, then you will only get paid those 8 hours. I was outraged bc I was working long hours and it was taking me awhile to get a hang of getting the route done on time, so it was very discouraging knowing that I will not be getting paid hourly. The only benefit to this "evaluated hours" is that if you finished before 8 hours, then you could get off of work early and get paid for 8 hours.
Pro érvek
Delivering the mail is fun
Kontra érvek
evaluated hours, independent organization of parcels, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast pace and competitive but slow to move up
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia2019, október 16.
A typical day is very fast and stressful. But once you get a route down it moves faster and faster. You work by yourself most of the time- i found listening to music while casing helped to keep me focused.
I learned time management and how to be extremely organized.
Management was not the greatest. It was one sided most of the time and it was all about not getting on list and getting back by 5. They claim they "care about your safety" but in all honesty they do not. They care about not getting sued and making sure you are within the limits. Be prepared to go through all weather. The heat is brutal in the rolling oven you are put in. The snow is an adventure i always dreaded because no doubt i would get stuck. I was told one winter that i was on my own if i got stuck. I almost injured myself that year.

The hardest thing about this job would be the expectations they throw at you within the first few weeks by yourself. This job is hard and it almost felt like being thrown to the wolves. You will cry and cuss but eventually it does get better and easier.
The most enjoyable part of this job i found was that you were around family with other carriers. When you had a problem- personal or work related- they were there to lift you up and help you. You may not get this at all offices, but i was in a small office.
Pro érvek
good pay and benefits, competitive
stressful, weather elements, safety
Very Stressful, Fast Paced, Poor Management
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Flower Mound, TX2019, október 15.
A great place to make income but a really hard place to balance your personal life. Every day is variable until you have made a full-time employee. The atmosphere can be overwhelming at the beginning because you have to have good memory and organization skills.
Compensation, Benefits
1,0
physical job
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Prattville2019, október 15.
hard work, very phyisical job. Must have own vehicle to deliver the mail in. Work in all weather conditions. Must not be scared to work very hard and long hours
Full time Hours require Hustle
Rural Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Blairstown, NJ2019, október 15.
If you are hired as an RCA, you are only guaranteed you assigned route's days off, so either 1 day a week or 1 every other week. You will be out in terrible weather, trucks don't have A/C and some don't have heating. My office requires to me to work from Black Friday up to and on Christmas Eve with 0 days off. The trucks are not built for the parcel load we get now.

As for co-workers and management, that depends on your office. My current Postmaster is a complete idiot and NEVER should have been given a clipboard. He was only promoted because he would bow to District's will. They rarely promote Clerks or Rural Carriers, so most of management ends up being ex-City Carriers. Did I mention there are THREE different Unions and contracts? Oh and the Rural Union doesn't support their subs, I don't have health insurance, sick days, paid vacation, and am NOT considered Career Employee, so I can't even APPLY to shift elsewhere in the agency.

The job itself can be stressful, packages and mail can become overwhelming, I can't tell you how many times I've been forced to deliver in an unsafe truck, broken frame for example, and just overworked. They pressure you to work Sundays as well so you won't really have a solid day off.

You can make this job have full time hours if you have the Hustle or are "lucky" enough to be in an office that is perpetual chaos.You can work in other offices and get hours that way. You can also transfer to other offices permanently, but you will be on the bottom of the seniority list which is the ONLY way to become a full time employee. So yeah, be warned,
Munkahelyi kultúra
One day, maybe two per week.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belleview, FL2019, október 14.
I was hired as full time and ended up only working 1-2 days per week. The manager expected you to complete your route with little training and driving conditions were not safe. The route could not be completed within expected time frame, if you followed all the rules of the road. So, the manager was not happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad managers, liars and corrupt.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Benito, TX2019, október 13.
For two years I saw and experienced corruption. I saw managers hiding packages, choosing hours for their favorite employees, falsifying timesheets. I had a Supervisor driving behind me for an hour bumper to bumper daring me to hitting him. When I filed a grievance my steward never filed it and laugh at me two weeks later. I worked 5 months only one day a week. If you want a day off just buy them a taco, lol.
Fun and unique
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Parachute, CO2019, október 11.
Very fun environment once you get the hang of the office you are currently in. Plenty of working hours if you are willing to travel to other offices that are near by.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is a productive and fun place to work at
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kingwood, TX2019, október 11.
working at the USPS is an eye-opener. The mail process from beginning to end, i.e., from sorting, casing, and delivery to the customers at their homes is a new experience entirely.
Munkahelyi kultúra
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stoneville, NC2019, október 10.
I just did not get enough hours and no benefits. I have to maintain my jeep; so if you do not have a good car then you will come out of pocket with the money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never call off or say you can't make it
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bridgeton, NJ2019, október 10.
Definitely need more hours for RCAs Faster time frame to become full time regular employees! Some compassion for people with kids & a life! Teach to the older employees respect for other coworkers
Pay rate
No hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van