United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 219 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 219 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 267 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job just like any other Job is what you make it. Hours can be long due to being under staffed . Pay is good , If you're looking for an organized work place this is NOT IT! Most of MGT sucks .
pay
no benefits, micro management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not too bad. I would recommend working for the USPS. Becoming a career employee and getting the GOOD benefits can take years unless you are working in an area that is developing meaning getting new houses or businesses. You could be working for 12 days straight or more. Paid bi-weekly. Like I said before Not too bad.
Pro érvek
Benefits after you become a career employee
Kontra érvek
could take years to become a career employee
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at the USPS. I get to be out and enjoy the work! Busy till done! I am currently working in management and love learning new thing's every day.
Pro érvek
Busy makes the day fly by.
Kontra érvek
Attitudes! Not very efficient.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for. Working for the USPS makes you feel proud of the work that you do.

Not as easy as the average citizen make think. A lot goes into getting your mail. Found a new appreciation for the mailman/ mail lady. Definitely would refer a friend.
Health Benefits, Pay
Rain, Sleet, Snow or Mud you must go
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you could find another job, then go there. Post Office is low on staff and heavy on making you do your job and every route that doesn't have a body.
Plenty of work
No time with family
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My only complaint is being forced as a sub (RCA) to deliver packages for Amazon on Sundays and holidays and not receive time and a half pay nor holiday pay. This is not fair to us at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They pay the full time guy to stay home on holidays but make you come in and work for regular wages on holidays to deliver packages to make the regular guys job easier
Kontra érvek
You are the bottom of the barrel, The union is same for full time and part time, so the RCAS get hosed
Munkahelyi kultúra
So much to list. Good: great pay and good, affordable Health benefits for part time work. Bad: Worst management at my office. You’re treated like Just a number. Expect you to show up whenever they call even on day’s off. Send you to work in other offices an hour away. Work every single weekend Saturday and Sunday. High turnover. Backstabbing. Management hangs out when they’re off and whisper secrets in front of everyone in the office (literally whispers). Takes years to get a full time career position
Pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Poor management. Treated as a number
Munkahelyi kultúra
at the post office working as an RCA you work as much as they want or as little as they want, you never know when they call. good paying and good people.
alone time
never know your hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office is extremely hard to learn. You also can’t have a social life because you start our part time and they will use and abuse you. the pay is great, if you can put up with the BS that comes with it. You’re also just an employee to them. they don’t care what you have going on.
Overwhelming
Munkahelyi kultúra
Make a mistake and you are fired other people who work there are trying to get you fired so they can get your job not a fun place to work when you are constantly looking over your shoulder
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed very much working at the postal service I am from the county I work In and get to see and interact with customers I have known for years. Working for the postal service is not as easy as a job as a lot of people think, we can work from 8 to 14 hour days as we never know the volume of what all we will receive for the day.
Good Government Benefits
Kontra érvek
Things don’t run on time, never know what time you will get off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was the worst job experience of my life. Truly wanted to be there, but the atmosphere of that agency especially this district is so toxic that I left after 4 months. Due to complete incompetence above me, I took me a year to finally get paid for my initial training period. I went the first month with no pay.
I worked at the post office in the early 70’s when the address change label program was started, typing sheets of yellow labels for hours on end. We were paid $4.52/hour at a time when the official minimum wage was only $1.00/hour, we thought we had the world by the tail.

NOW, completely different atmosphere.
Wages
Kontra érvek
General atmosphere from anyone in management positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
there's 3 unions minimum in every post office. If you aren't in the city carrier union, you're less than dirt. Upper management (above the post office level- Detroit) has no business being in charge of a popsicle stand, let alone a region of the postal service. They have problems reading and following the contract.
there are none
too many to mention
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS has been great but depending on the office you work at you may get 10 hours a week or 50 hours. So with that being said don't be afraid to changes offices with you want/need more or less hours.
Pro érvek
Pay, healthcare benefits even for part-time
Kontra érvek
Amount of hours for part time workers in small offices
Munkahelyi kultúra
When you want to go home after your scheduled time, it's like pulling teeth. Employees can sit, talk, and bs around and then when you finish you task because and are ready to go home...you cant.. The supervisors send you right back out to help those same individuals that thought it was cool to just abuse the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I successfully got through all of the training nearing a high 100% on the driving test. Back up perfectly. Went to the location where I was going to work and ran into a Supervisor who decided to focus on negative issues with me. I believe his issues had nothing to do with me and as an older person I move out of areas where there are negative issues. I am happy that I left this position. The Employment Security Judge agreed with my reasons for leaving. And, we both moved on in a positive manner.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked here and I wish that It was going to be my dream job but instead it has been my worst nightmare. The other RCA's are cool but the management don't care about you at all. They are very rude and don't care it you have children or not. I was working 6am-6pm and they can work you 7 days a week if they want too. I have always wanted to work for the postal service and was so exciting to get in just for this to happen is such a big disappointment..
money
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Again the post office is a nightmare—you just don’t know you’re dead, yet. Furthermore, the whole experience was one of manipulation...never a good thing...right?
Pro érvek
The money and job security can both be very good.
Kontra érvek
The culture, the lack of support from the top on down.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are just a number! Hampster wheel. The only support was from those on your level because we were all in it together. Vicious management. Felt like prison.