United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 180 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 180 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 012 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was by far the worst job I have ever done. I managed to stay with it for two years & never felt more happy to quit a job after I left. You really don’t have a life. If they call & you happen to answer, they expect you to drop everything & come in. They’ll put you on a route that you’ve never done before & expect you to know it without any help. Full timers get away with a lot & don’t help Part timers. Most of the supervisors are only looking out for themselves.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is deception in the job descriptions. I was looking to only work part time and due to the union contract, I worked full time. I was hired for a part time job. The amount of stress on that job is far above what people can do. They failed me.
The customers
Volume expected from employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for the United States Postal Service but needed to find a position that allowed me to gain more hours than the amount i was able to get while working as a Rural Carrier Associate for the USPS>
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for this company for 10 years and I learned how to be a good employee.... And how to work together as a team.. Sometimes the hours are long but the pay is good.. Sucks that you are on call everyday but again it pays well...
Pro érvek
Work alone.. most of the time..
Kontra érvek
You work alone most of the time...
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked very hard to complete the route. Seemed impossible most days added materials and boxes were often making it impossible to complete.Days mail was delayed made it impossible to finish route in the time frame.
wages
Kontra érvek
workload, time to complete route. too many stops
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job, love working with the public, and meeting new people, very fast paced, and I love giving good customer service. The people are all great to work with.
Rain sleet or snow
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day at work ,sort mail ,deliver it,overall the u.s.postal has good pay,and helped me to a good retirement.the hardest part of the job dealing with management,new rules every day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been here for 6 months and love it so far. Training was good and picked up on the route pretty quickly. Sometimes the packages are a bit overwhelming but nothing you can’t handle.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Only guaranteed one day a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm sure there was a time and place when this job was decent. My grandfather retired from it and lived comfortably until he passed from this life. But now, it's just an awful place to work. Nothing is organized, managers are jerks and are super lazy, and you are constantly harassed by management. I've worked at two different locations thinking it would be better but it was no different than the last. Give it a try, maybe it's for you, but it didn't work out for me. The postal service needs to have a do-over.
Pro érvek
Benefits if you get them, pay is good
Kontra érvek
Management, no work-life balance, unorganized, harassment, dangerous work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Let me start off by saying this. If you’re looking for a job that pays decent to start, then sure, go ahead and apply. If you’re simply looking for a part-time job, this is NOT it. I’ll go into details about that later on.

It took me (and several others) roughly three (3) months from start (application submitted) to finish (first day training) to begin my/our career(s) with the USPS. You’ll be with several other applicants during the orientation/pre-training process.

Your first actual day at the office will consist of learning where things are in the office, the case and how to case, and eventually how to deliver mail. You probably will not deliver mail on your first day, you will watch the career carrier mostly. You’ll spend several weeks in training which will consist of learning the case, how to case, sort parcels, how to load your truck, and how to deliver the mail. There is so much to learn and list. You’ll be working quite a bit (I was working 3-5 days during my training period) during your training period.

Eventually, once you learn how everything works, and you’ve somewhat got a good grasp on what you’re doing, you’ll be thrown on the route by yourself with little to no assistance. Once the post office feels like you’ve got the basics, this is where you’ll have to be flexible. You will be working only one guaranteed day a week on your primary route when the carrier you’ve been training with is off. Other than that, you could possibly be off the next several days, or perhaps you’ll be scheduled on a different route in that particular office one day, or you’ll be
 - több...
Pay (for some) Good co-workers
Kontra érvek
Overworked, Unfair management/supervisors, No benefits yet they work you like a full-time employee, Lots of favoritism.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work for the USPS and recommend it for those who have a lot of time on their hands. The pros of working here is meeting great people and customers. Cons, the hours are hard to meet if you have a growing family and don’t have much time to spare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Go to P.O. put all the mail for that day, then put packages in delivery order. Load my truck,proceed to my route and do my job.Management is up and down, being there so long, they come and go, some know how to do there jobs some don't.The hardest part of the job is the elements, can be extremely hot or bitter cold, the LLVs (mail trucks) are pretty old . and do not make for a bearable day when the weather is rough. When it snows our LLVs are horrible, hollow tin with no weight and rear wheel drive.The best part about the job, when you leave the office you are on your own, just me the mail and my customers.
Pro érvek
used to get some free pastries or water, it's been awhile
Being treated unfairly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Roseville fired me and 4 others for no reason after heavy abuse by supervisor. I transferred from Grass Valley after worse abuse by supervisor and I left Auburn to work for the state for overtime. State pays overtime, USPS does not.
Hours were ok.
Politics were awful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Sunday managers at some locations are just mean. They make working there awful. Rural delivery is also unsafe and sometimes scary and sometimes there's no cell reception for emergencies. They also require you to use your personal cell phone for navigation (again, may or may not have reception) when making you take parcels not on the written directions.
It pays well.
Kontra érvek
No cell reception in rural areas=unsafe
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need to work fairly hard, a lot is expected of everyone, don't care about personal needs. You are only a number or a tool. Schedule is ridiculous.
Trucks are very old, break down often, no air condition, very hot.

Training not good, done by people who are not trainers and don't care if you get it or not. Most regular carriers are nice, some are nasty.

Pro érvek
wages and benefits are fair
Kontra érvek
They treat RCA's like slaves, only care about their own needs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would not recommend this as a job for anyone ever at any time unless they enjoy being treated poorly by a supervisors and management this job takes place in two locations one inside the building and one in the mail truck supervisors work you to death and treat you like a body that means nothing
All of it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Might be more for younger adults (25-35 years) Typical day, in Bastrop-I arrived to the station by 7am, pulled my bin of larger mail (magazines, large envelopes) Cased that and then cased my DPS.Then labeled my packages...sometimes 90 plus...while casing all of their flags to the address, so I knew there was a package for that address. Pulled it all down into tubs and wrapped it into manageable bundles . Needed to have it all in my vehicle so I could take off by 10am or so.Delivered a 90 mile route and had to be back by 4:30 so the outgoing mail got on the truck. There were 900+ boxes on the route I delivered most often.It was too tough, for me, at 52...I ended up having a problem with the tendon that supports my middle finger on my right (delivery) hand, and had to quit without any notice:( DIDNT LOVE having to deliver Amazon packages, on Sunday and holidays...but as an RCA...thats what you DO. I DID ADORE the people I worked with, and hated that their jobs likely got harder, because I couldnt work:( Hope this helps!
Great wages
Alot of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
wow, where to start...management is totally incompetent, bullying is rewarded. They claim to care about safety but that's false. When you try to suggest better solutions, you will be ignored. No wonder it's a woefully failing business. Maybe the new PMG will fix things, but I also see it as making it shittier for everyone, equally. Prepare to have to be a team player lol. Even more than when you're new.
Pro érvek
working by yourself delivering, sometimes getting home early, pay good
Kontra érvek
breaks like non existent, bad management/workplace culture...a LOT of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service sends you to orientation to watch movies about how great working for them is. How far from the truth. The trainers even gossip about other employees while telling you how not to do that practice. They have no or little respect for the covid-19 pandemic, as they train with little observance of the rights of others but expect you to learn what someone else has been doing for years and do it as good or better. People will naturally pickup someone else skills over time and patience, but not by belittling them for not fully grasping their time trained skills. As said in other comments,by others, the equipment is worn out and in some cases dangerous to drive, but they care less. They expect that the wage they pay should be sufficient to go out and buy a right hand drive vehicle to be promised a part time job. no advance notice to any working schedule, except if you replace someone going on vacation for a week. Instead of hiring new carriers, they should consider better management hiring or promotion practices and keep some of the trainees they have wasted money on to hire ,rather then fire if they don't excel in weeks with this type of boot camp mentality. People who have previously been clerks most of their career think and stand behind the theory that RCA's should be able to shadow a regular carrier in a separate car around there assigned route on (1) day, then on day (2) deliver half of the route, and on day (3) deliver the other half of the route and be efficient at that job in 3 days of training and that is the USPS standards for training. You should also - több...
Pro érvek
Most regular non management co-workers are helpful and nice
Kontra érvek
Very Bad management want a be's with no clue how to manage people
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect you to deliver as fast as the regular carrier after a week or so, which is totally unreasonable. Management called my phone every hour while I was delivereing. This is a safety issue and created a stressful work environment. They don't care if you're new, just don't come back with mail . The job is too physical. Don't apply here.
Pay
Kontra érvek
stressful work environment, no benefits
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés