United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 105 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 105 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 559 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall this is just one of those jobs that's not for everybody.
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Post office
Is a fair and equal employer they try to find the best recruit for office that needs a person and fill in a spot each office is different as in reviews
Good Part-Time Job For Some
Don't even think about this job unless you're ready to commit your entire life to the USPS, reasonably fit, and have plenty of money already in the bank. There are several background checks to get offered a possible position, including getting fingerprinted. The training program is extensive and they will pay you to attend. 3-day orientation, one full day getting certified to drive the LLV, four days "RCA Academy", and about two weeks of "on the job training" with a regular full-time mail carrier. Once you are fully trained, you will only get 8-10 hours most weeks @ $18.56/hr, mostly on Saturdays. There are very few other employers that will take you if you tell them that A) you are never available on Saturday and B) you might get called in if a "regular" is taking a day off. So your opportunities to make a decent living are severely curtailed unless you have your own side gigs. It's still a great job in other ways, people depend on us to get checks, packages and medications which makes the job seem important. Don't accept if you can't withstand some micromanagement from a boss who never delivered mail. I hear it takes an average of over 8 years to make "regular", I hope I'm still alive by then. It's not for everyone, but I still like it.
Pro érvek
Good training program, get to meet a lot of people, many customers are thankful, mostly nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
Very hard work, low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good wages and nice bosses
Can make money here. It's fun to drive, but not good in the bad weather. Some vehicles are so old then air conditions & heaters are not work well. Supervisors are very helpful.
2,0
“Going postal”
I can’t sustain the work load , it’s very demanding and things is always changing you’re working 12hrs almost every day .. no social life , it takes up most of your days
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Post Office
The Job has great pay, but if you are not full time, you are treated any type of way. Substitutes ALWAYS have to pick up the regular carrier’s slack and our personal life is not considered .
Dont take an RCA job
Some weeks I worked 1 day others it's overtime. My office had 40+ routes and it takes over 5 years to become a regular because they have so many subs.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They promise things they don't deliver.
Job is only good while training. After training is over there is a long wait for any advancement within the postal service. Longhouwerpromisedwhewhen I was
Good money
Kontra érvek
Long hours, too much stress to get job in timely manner, LONG time to advance within
Munkahelyi kultúra
management in my office was good
I like the job itself. Over my time being there i developed friendships and it was a good atmosphere. I enjoyed delivering to customers and working with my fellow co workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Post master is awesome management needs improvement. It was good money but couldn't keep help and would work you to death. They wouldn't send help out to help you if you was running late but would throw a fit if you was late coming in
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work/life balance with a constant state of stress and dread.
The workplace "culture" is what ultimately became a dealbreaker for me. The daily job duties take time to understand and grasp initially. The actual "work" was what I most enjoyed! It was almost like a daily game of Tetris, but with packages & mail!

The unprofessional behavior displayed by certain members of Management, yelling at employees during safety meetings for asking valid questions, berating employees on a daily basis, and bullying employees to act as "sheep" instead of actual human beings became the long list of reasons why I would not recommend this office for anyone. Constant violation or threats towards employees of "union contract enforcement", which became apparent only certain parts of any contract or postal policy was only to be followed when management "felt" like it. Management (including the local Postmaster) disregards customer harassment of employees, and does not stick behind their employees.

Not every office operates the same as far as management, but this is one I would not recommend. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet so many different customers, and learning the job, but unless you're prepared to be talked down to on a daily basis, or yelled/screamed at in front of your peers, this is not the job for you.

The Mail Carriers are amazing! Its management that needs to take a few refresher courses on how to interact with PEOPLE and employees. This office consistently treats employees like garbage. There is no such thing as "constructive criticism" or "teamwork" in this office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never short of hours, great coworkers, and team effort.
Great hours, benefits, and pay. OT is always available. Great team environment. Only downfalls are very little time off and last minute schedule changes.
Rural carrier
Being a rural carrier at the golden gate annex was very demanding. There was never enough time in the day to get things done, if you did, you would be sent out to help someone else. 6am to 7pm were not unusual, except Sunday’s running only Amazon from about 10am to 5pm. Worked 7 days a week and they did not are if you put in overtime, which was great but with this job your body needs a break to heal.
Expereience may vary
Very demanding, stressful, not enough time to be with love ones. It's a job that a single mother should not have. Most offices are short staffed, and you may do more that expected..
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is challenging at first.
The is a fast learning curve with many of the positions at the post office. Often times the amount of work and expectations can be overwhelming; at first. Once you learn the job, it becomes second nature.
Terrible postmaster
The post master was not a good boss. Didn't work with difficult situations. Took away my hours. Threaten to fire me daily. Training was done in St louis which was very professional.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
great management team, great people to work with
Great job once you get past the learning. Highly stressful when learning a new route. I worked with a great management team. Not everyone will have that.
Overworked
Understaffed, poor communication, poor compensation for the excruciating work. Not suitable for most. Employees are worked 6-7 days in a row without a day off. Threatened to lose my job if I call in sick because my body hurts. No hazard pay during Covid-19.
Pro érvek
They need help so they'll hire you and give you lots of hours
Kontra érvek
It's physically and mentally exhausting. The compensation is by no means enough
To much stress for 1 day a week
Good pay but not worth the stress and anxiety for 1 day a week.They give you 3 days of training and throw you on route.And the carrier is very quick to blame you for their mistakes when they are training you.No thanks
Munkahelyi kultúra
You habe put up with some government bologne.
Red tape. Typical gov. stuff to deal with. I work with good people,we try to do our best for our customers. USPS has some policies that are normal with government beauracy issues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good hardworking people. Positive atmosphere for the most part.
Stressful job. Co-workers do a good job at training and giving tips of the trade. Most managers very positive and eager to help. Everyone from lead assistant carriers to managers, all started at the same position, so they know what you are going through, because they have all been there. The work itself is very mundane and repetitive, but gets easier to handle with time and experience.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés