United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: RCA

148 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 166 értékelés megtekintése
5,0
Usps
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Eagle, ID2020, január 20.
It is a great career opportunity. It is a place where you are treated well and where you can continually learn and grow. You work independently and serve a purpose in your community. But until you become a regular employee and are at substitute statis you are only guaranteed 1 day a week.
Not for everyone
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wisconsin2020, január 6.
Working for the PO has been a weird experience. Starting off right into the Holiday’s was awful, if you want a better outlook on the job, start before September. Make sure you are okay with part time hours until someone retires.. Expect to be pushed to your breaking point and have no one care when you get there. Training was alright. This might be a good job for a workaholic, but I don’t think it’s right for me.
Pay
Part time, over worked, no benefits at first, ZERO WORK/LIFE BALANCE
5,0
Mail Delivery
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brookville, OH2020, január 6.
USPS of Brookville is a small office that serves the local community. The mail is received every morning, sorted and distributed, then delivered in a timely manner.
it was ok
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scott Depot, WV2019, december 20.
hot and the packages have overcome the mail and the winters suck driving
Being a part time employee I did not ever get a Saturday off and I was always stuck working the days after a three day weekend or a holiday and the mail on those days is outrageous.

The amazon packages started being delivered on Sundays so I worked the worst days with the most mail and for n9o benefits and 1/4 the salary as the full time career persons.
outside
extreme weather
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Bad experience
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fuquay-Varina, NC2019, november 21.
Working at USPS you will not be feel apreciated, continually rushed and bullied by your supervisor.
I don't recommend it, even the money seems to be good.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
No comment
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mexia, TX 766672019, november 19.
The pay was accurate for the type of work we had to do. If you are part time you were only guaranteed one day a week With no benefits. it is very hard on your vehicle so make sure you have something you are willing to have a lot of wear-and-tear to.
What a waste
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ohio2019, november 12.
I was hired as a substitute, with the idea of working every Saturday and every other Monday, per what I was told at my interview. I was good with that, as I only needed a part time job and I could work around that at another job if needed. The postmaster that recommended me for hiring left that post office, so I was left hanging for 3 months. I was really looking forward to the job, so I waited. Finally got into orientation. Once I get to my assigned post office, I find out I don't get any guaranteed days. So, here I sit, never working. I wait to get called in. Then when I do get a day, I am on a route I have never been on and I am slow, so they frown upon my lack of speed. Now add the fact I got called in and then as I am about to head in, they call back and tell me not to bother. So, I am employed, but I don't work. What a waste of my time. Also, you are on probation for 90 WORKING days or 1 calendar year. So they can let you go at any time for no reason. With me never getting scheduled, I will hit the 1 calendar year way before 90 working days. They tell you to call other offices for hours. I have done that. I have gotten hours at other offices, but they just point and say go do that route. It is very stressful to be expected to organize mail and deliver it to over 400 addresses when you don't have a clue where you are going. Just "follow the mail" is what they tell you. Sure. Sounds easy enough. It isn't. Their equipment is outdated. Management doesn't have a clue. I don't know how they have managed to keep going this long.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you can’t say anything nice don’t say it. 😊
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Toccoa, GA2019, október 30.
This job is very very stressful. Very poor management at the PO I worked for. No respect for employees at all You have no life if you work for them
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Flexiable is Key
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Easton, MD2019, szeptember 3.
This job is great if you don't need to count on consistantly working and never moving up. They tell you when you begin that you can earn a way into a full time position that counts toward your retirement. But no one in the post office wants to retire and you will be waiting years to get a full time position. Until then you are on call and if you don't answer they stop calling you for work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Be a great driver
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pikeville, KY2019, augusztus 30.
The postal service is a good job but you only work one day a week therefore it takes years to get full time.the pay is good if you get to work but if you have a family it’s hard to pay bills on one day a week
The pay
Not getting enough work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not for individual with a family
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Zephyrhills, FL2019, augusztus 23.
They don’t care if you got in an accident or you’re sick! They’ll ask if you could take a lyft to work or still find a way to come in! Just terrible! But if you are single with no life, never sick, don’t have children, it’s a perfect job!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
It was ok
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bay Saint Louis, MS2019, augusztus 18.
It was a pretty good job a lot of drama though. They don’t work around you or your life because I’m their eyes the mail is life so if your looking for a job that will consume you the post office is the place to work.
Keep UP w/ your hours!!
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milton, FL2019, augusztus 6.
Post master and management will lie right to your face. You will have to fight for your money because they will try to get away with paying you a ONLY a portion of your check...and 2 months later I finally get the remainder of the money I worked for! ONLY because I kept up with my hours and kept calling the union rep every day! I put in all the effort they asked of me, and they wouldn't transfer or rehire me at a different location. CLEARLY MILTON P.O. is the problem! They made TOP STORY on the news right after I quit!!!
Harassed By Ignorant Mgt., Work: Feast or Famine Treated Disrespectfully
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sumerville, GA2019, augusztus 3.
Part-time employees are treated Very Poorly, Not enough hours or pay, no benefits, company continually wastes money on non-sense instead of what would benefit all employees, This industry needs a management overhaul from top to bottom!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Machine's can't do what you do
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montrose, PA2019, július 25.
RCA here. tried searching a 200 mile area looking for more routes to sub in on and couldn't find more that 2 per week. Managers can be good or bad. Try to make the best of it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
I miss my customers
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kalama, WA2019, július 20.
At times I wish I would have stayed at this job and not resigned, but after 11 years working 6 days a week I was not full time. I worked 36+ hours a week on the auxiliary route and they had no intention of making my route full time. Very poor management in this office. I do miss the customers on the route. Wish I could go back to work here. I have been gone 3 years now
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the work but I almost lost everything waiting on them to let me work.
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Claremore2019, július 3.
The people were nice and the work was awesome, however, the supervisors create a level of stress that is completely pointless. You can actually see people getting stressed out. I wanted to deliver the mail for years, it was a "dream job". After I got it I realized it was a mistake and one I will be recovering from for a long time. My credit is ruined now. I was hired with 2 other people. One of which worked a grand total of 12 hours over 3 months around Thanksgiving/Christmas time and her kids didn't get any presents from their mother that year. The other one worked the exact same amount as me and shared my frustration 100%. I never once got over 40 hours a week, 8-10 hours on Saturday and 5 or less on Sunday and they always griped about that amount. This is labled a "full-time position". There is not a single person that can tell anything about the benefits for a non-career employee including the postmaster, which are about $900 a month and don't cover anything. $900 is after help from USPS with the premium.
I called the benefits lady to ask about pre-existing conditions, which they don't cover. I mentioned the high premiums and she said, "It's not that high is it?". That comment threw me off since it's her job to know that stuff. I worked there for over a year and watched while all the other RCA's were working 6-7 days a week and griping about all the work and I almost lost my car, my house and my rights to my kids were almost terminated due to not being able to pay my child support. I got more hours in training than ever, even during the holidays I never
  több... got over 35 hours. They EXPECT...EXPECT you to be on call 7 days a week, this is not meant to be secret and it's not, which is fine if you get enough work to pay your bills. I admit I was told in my interview that I was only guaranteed one day a week but I could be loaned out to other offices. I was also told by numerous other RCA's, I'm talking 30+ RCA's from my office and a couple others, that they have never had less than 40 hours a week so needless to say I felt a little decieved when my supervisor told me that I would not get another route anytime soon. Several RCA's were hired that year but only the 2 and myself that got hired at the same time got less than 40 hours. I will encourage everybody to not waste their time and go work somewhere that you know you will take care of you like you take care of them.

I never would've said things like this about the USPS before I worked there. LIke I mentioned before, I wanted to work for the USPS since I was 18, I'm 38 now. As far as professionally, I despise the USPS now. Completely disappointed.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 2Jelentés
RCA Position at USPS - wouldn't do it again
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wisconsin2019, június 5.
I worked as an RCA after being told it would be full-time work. It was briefly, but only because the carrier I'm a sub for was out for a while after an injury.

Otherwise, we have 2:3 ratio for RCAs to regular (career) carriers. This means that each of us is only guaranteed one day of work per week.

In addition, this position requires that you be on call. You can't have a full-time (or even part-time) job because you must be available whenever they need you. Our management won't notify us of schedule changes, either.

I would likely have to work as an RCA for 10 - 15 years before a route became available and I simply don't have that sort of time.

Management also had a tendency to throw us under the bus and blame things on us instead of accepting blame and shielding us from customers. (I could go on.)
Pro érvek
Great co-workers, fast-paced work environment
Kontra érvek
Inept management, chaotic schedule, long hours, poor training, horrible pay for the area
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Trenton Annex Location
RCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Trenton, NJ2019, május 23.
This location Is the worst. Management is terrible + if you have no seniority, you have zero say. Supervisors talk to workers in a very disrespectful manner, constantly yelling and arguments, and payment issues due to supervisors lack of accountability for putting in time manually (for the rural carriers). If you apply for the Post Office. Do NOT PICK THE TRENTON ANNEX location.
Kontra érvek
Poor management, poor pay, very low morale
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and stressful at first. Poor management.
RCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Medina, OH2019, május 23.
It's an okay place to work at if you are a sub. But if you are a career employee than it's a great job. Good pay, benefits and retirement plans. I would recommend.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van