United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Postal Support Employee

Munkakör megnevezése
Postal Support Employee457 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
457 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 324 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most enjoying part of the job was getting to know people from all walks of life. Some management weren't please with me attending school.
Pro érvek
working for the post offices
Munkahelyi kultúra
I now know why people don't enjoy working for any government type employer. The truth is, they suck. Post office is no different. I thought it would be great... making tons of money, awesome benefits... that was true... but when the team constantly bullies and teases their colleagues, it's hostile and you won't keep anyone for long. I couldn't believe how much like high school it was. Too much favoritism.
The pay and benefits
Favoritism ran rampant
Work-life balance
Hard work and cant go home each day until mail finished.

Pay & benefits

Pay is not worth the type of work and the intensity of pace.

Job security and advancement

Supposedly you can move into an actual Postal Service job if you wait for a retirement and everybody finishes moving up.

Management pays no attention to PSE's.

Employees are jaded and mean from the surrounding environment.

Overall

Hard work won't win you favor at this business. Everybody works hard. Management pays little attention to you unless you make errors. Mornings are chaotic with everybody trying to get the carriers out. Afternoons are boring and hard from working alone and doing grunt work. No autonomy at all and many "bosses". Dont expect to get recognition as a PSE.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At times the hours can be long but we are a family and the pay is enough to live off of. Our benefits are great and our purpose is meaningful. There is always room for advancement.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re a PSE prepare yourself for a horrible schedule. You must be flexible. And be prepared to have no life outside of the post office. I’m at my post office 60% of my day. I see my kids for maybe 2hrs.
Kontra érvek
No breaks, if you start talking they say you’re not being productive
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workers are hired as temps so they do not receive benefits and hours/days are changed without notice, money missing from checks, no one cares about your own life outside of the job, they want you on call at all times and instead of penalizing the workers that are permanent and career that dont do their jobs, they burn out the overachievers and newcomers that aren't protected by the union. its abusive.
free water
Kontra érvek
on call, only have time to come to work and sleep
● Work-life balance
Work schedule was 5am until 9am then 3 hour lunch, back at 12pm until 5pm, 6 days a week-no holidays.

● Pay & benefits

No paid holidays, expect to work every holiday.

● Job security and advancement

They want you to do the work of someone who is paid more, but dont make jobs available fulltime.

● Culture

Rat race.

● Overall

Union seemed to benefit the lazy workers. Unions are not needed anymore. Change is needed to restructure the post office. All clerks and carriers should be hourly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for. The split shift took some time adjusting. It was a love and hate relationship. I would have to schedule any appointments between the normal split duration but if work surpassed that I would have to reschedule. If you have children working a split shift might be hard if you don't have the support. Some of the people were awesome to work with. Others felt that they can talk to you any kind of way. Higher management from your location and other locations STICK TOGETHER.
Pro érvek
Pay, Some of thw people weree awesome
No flexibility in schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work but it’s worth it for the benefits. You will be on your feet all day doing routine work. Management was pretty nice to all the temporaries.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervisors degrade you, treats you like s..t, completely disrespectful to all employees. And management above supervisors unwilling to address their behavioral problems, because supervisors cannot be fired -- they are just relocated when they become exceedingly hostile & degrading. Alot of bad s..t happens to you before they are moved
Kontra érvek
Employee treatment, physical ailments from repetition, bad hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The positives of working at USPS are the pay and potential for advancement. The downside is that management is not always the most well trained and it can take several years to move into a full-time guaranteed position.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Long nights, lots of overtime, frustrating work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Felt that others co-workers helped me learn the most at this job.
If you don't have the support of your co-workers this could be a very difficult job to learn to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Training? There is no training. Bad attitudes lurking around you all day. Mgt. just doing whatever no communication, one say this way another says this way. you can get your fight on whenever in this ghetto atmosphere.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work by myself in my office And I like that but as far as management goes and the post office as a whole there’s A LOT of Baloney That you’ll go through before you even get hired.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best company I ever worked. Great management, fair pay. Great benefits and PTO. Be ready to work long and awkward hours if you are looking for a job at a processing center.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very messy place to work from the entry level employees all the way up to the plant managers. A bunch of perverts and bitter old people. I only stayed so long because the pay was great. Management is horrible. The "regular" employees are lazy and get mad at you for having work ethics.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place work.tobthay have great benefits but have to wait a min of 30 months be for you become a regular employee. But the good thing is that you have a job available to you while you wait for your time to finally become reguar.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management can be misleading. You work very hard lifting heavy mail. On your feet most of the day. Long hours during the holidays. The postal service has the best employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While it is said that the Post Office is a Government job, it operates separately and does not receive funding. So if you wanted to transfer into another Government job, you would not keep your tenure. You would start from zero, and have to pass all the background checks.
The Post Office will provide great income, so long as you come in under management that is fair. If you have a manager that actively practices favoritism, your hard will mean nothing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dayton, Oh post office is not a representation for the entire USPS. Would work for another division of USPS if the opportunity presented itself.
Goodyear, Arizona post office has a very nice, customer service friendly crew.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office has changed. The pay is not the same. You have to work in multiple offices to get hours. Please be considered of the title you receive when you start, it may not be something that can advance. I was thankful for my opportunity but I wasn’t much of a fighter to get to the top like most. I’m too laid back for this uptight job-every thing is basically timed. However, if you work hard and speak up, you will be able to make some decent pay.