United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Postal Clerk állásra itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
9 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work if you wish to lift heavy packages, night shifts and long day standing and moving. Reimbursement is very less for this job kind.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working for the United States Postal Service. They made it a fun safe work environment if given the opportunity I will go back. One of my best jobs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy competitive work. Makes day go by faster. Able to work various positions if help was needed. Management was great she was really concerned with well being of employees.
Pay
No career advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I Loved this job and my coworkers everything was perfect my schedule was always the same it never changed everybody was understanding and caring it was always something to do it was always something to do the pay was good
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail was memorized based on zip codes. we either key mail on The LSM Machine at approximately 60 letters per minute, to a particular station, depending on the zip code. Or we cased this mail at the manual station. After Trucks loads of the mail has been processed be would pack it, box it, load it into containers and send it to the trucks to be delivered to various small stations, this is call dispatch. I did this for 20 years. I learned the responsibility of having a career job and sticking with it. Most of management were personable with the employees. Employees were allowed to have there parties and lunches and even Super Bowl Parties, just as long as their work was done. Hardest part of the job was dispatch time, because that was rush time, and stay safe from injuries at the same time. The most enjoyable time for me was during the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign). I was chosen to be one of the representatives from the S.F. District to campaign for the nonprofit organizations in the Peninsula area. The campaign Kicked off in September every year, and ended in either December or sometimes January. This gave me the chance to do something for other people who weren't able to do for themselves - some the Book with the names of the non-profit organizations would have as many as 1,500 organizations and more that we were campaigning for. I found it a privilege.
Pro érvek
A Secure job with benefits, that also reached out to the CFC to help non-profit organiations to help people in need.
Kontra érvek
You have to be careful, do not let anyone rush you. That's only body you have.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Duties were fun and challenging yet time consuming. Great people to work around. The day goes by really fast because you stay busy. I learned how to pay attention to detail and great hand wrist dexterity.
Govt position
year assignments
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for USPS would have been great (start pay was higher than minimum wage), but no benefits due to being a "contract only." During hiring process, they tell you that you will be eligible for this and that, then once peak season (christmas) is over, they chuck you off. Expect heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing. Lots of mails and boxes for sorting and scanning. People discriminate here. Mostly asians who have been there for more than 10 yrs think you're too stupid to do their job.
High pay, long breaks
Kontra érvek
heavy lifting, operating machineries that you don't get trained for, forced overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
co-workers (most of them) are friendly and helpful. management is great most days. work can be hectic at times but overall its ok.
Munkahelyi kultúra
-Typical day at work: no formal training for starting position, everyday is a struggle to perform daily task, and career employees badger you about why you're not adequate at the job-everyday, work procedures always changing, working alongside non-motivated team members -What you learned: You have no say in your career direction in the Post Office unless you've put in too many years wasted -Management: Tends not to agree with each other -Your co-workers: attitudes vary from each person, but most feel used by upper authority's -The hardest part of the job: no formal training for duty assigned, just a "throw in the gauntlet" type of training, and expect employees to pick up the slack -the most enjoyable part of the job: working alongside friendly PSE clerks
Pro érvek
Managers will accomodate school shedule, experienced co-workers offer plenty advice
Kontra érvek
management usu. in disagreement, work setting/procedures changing periordically, moody employees project frustration onto PSE clerks