United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Postal Clerk

1 318 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 20 424 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you thinking about leaving a job to work there at the post office for a few more dollars an hour don't do it.
PSE Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Platte, NE2019, május 16.
Five of us were hired 1 quit and 3 were let go after 60 days their reasoning performance my reasoning that is that's a lie because all three of us that were let go we're great workers and they just had to put something on paper the real reason is because they are getting a machine to do the work and they're going to end up letting even the people who have been there long time go due to performance. I gave up a good job to go to this job thinking that I was going to be making more money and I was never late once never called in sick and I always worked while I was at work never stood around gossiping never took long lunch breaks have never left early unless I was asked to I feel very cheetah out of a good job I had from the thought of making more money if I knew it came with no job security I would have never left my job to go to work there. I hope this review keeps some of you from making the same mistake I made.
Pro érvek
Pay was enough to not struggle to budget it.
Kontra érvek
The stress of not having any job security.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Workforce
Postal Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Troy, MI2019, május 16.
The Postal service is one of the most well known company's in America. I was a Mail Handler, it was a job I did well. You just sort out the mail. There are a lot of good jobs at the Postal service.
Great pay
fast paced
PSE Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2019, május 12.
This job was very fast paced. On a typical day we processed over 1 million pieces of mail. The best part of the job was knowing that we got the mail out to the recipients on time. I think the hardest part of this position was lifting bags of heavy mail all day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a plant environment folks not a country club!
Postal Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hartford, CT2019, május 11.
I worked at the Hartford, Connecticut plant and it was a busy place for 25 years. of course, I'm now retired and I'm glad I left when I did or I would have been dead. I worked some real bad hours 3rd shift for 15 years with a awful lot of lazy blank people. I busted hump most of the time and was often razed for being a conscientious type. ]

note: the best part though of working there was you can almost determine the type of pay you will receive by working as many hours as you see fit. if you can hack the environment and get yourself plenty of OT you can rake in some good coin. also, the benefits are pretty decent better than most companies of this type. finally, management might be a bit off but if you come to work on time and don't take a lot of time off they will leave you alone. oh, if you worked like I did too they will also like you to a certain extent.

one other thing, this is a seniority based company. you earn your stripes by the number of years you work there. the more the better the opportunity for improved hours and weekends off. but, remember when you first start working at any plant facility especially expect to work the graveyard shift and my friends it's actually worse today with starting times like at 9pm to 6 am. and, your days off are usually during the week. plus, you can forget about working days at any of the plants in the country. so, gear up for weird schedules and little sleep. that's what I hated most about working there is that I couldn't sleep during the day very well. and, now I can't sleep at night without getting
  több... up 2 or 3 times an evening.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
BENEFITS AND PAY ARE DECENT!
Kontra érvek
CULTURE AND WORK SCHEDULES ARE A NUISANCE!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Stressful nothing but stress
Postal Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Don’t worry you not calling my postmaster2019, május 9.
4 year employee started as a PSE now a PTF small office 6 routes here all day i have a small child god forbid i have to be a mom trust u can’t be a mom if u call out u will get deathly stares ; other wise I’m here for a check management has no sense i come in work go home this is just a job
Money ; annual
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Breakneck pace, poor management
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mankato, MN2019, május 4.
Absolutely no supervision or management, no positive feedback, work place culture is apathy and always short handed. If you enjoy being considered a warm body and being verbally abused each and every day, this is the place for you.
Physical exercise
Kontra érvek
No lunch break, company culture is apathy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible management; obvious why USPS is so in debt
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Warrendale, PA2019, május 2.
I worked for the USPS over the Christmas holiday season. Going into the job, I was expecting to be worked to the bone for fairly decent pay, but for a fairly short time. I expected to see some reward for standout performance and for decent training. I received neither. Training is completed in a group setting, where all holiday workers are given essentially the same training over the course of three days. You will learn almost nothing relevant to the work you will be performing, as the training is not even slightly specialized. For a warehouse job, you will watch hour long videos about the dangers of dogs. For mail delivery personnel, you will learn that you should not go into areas that are caution taped off due to chemical spills. Yes, the training is that mindless and honestly seems more like it is completed for legal reasons, than for the benefit of the employees. After completing approximately 24 hours of training, you will be assigned to your respective facility, where you will be given a tour. There is absolutely no on-the-job training as to what you actually will be doing. Fortunately, most tasks are fairly mundane and very simple to learn. You will make mistakes though, as absolutely none of the specifics will be taught. This will annoy the career employees, who view you as a nuisance and as being in the way. Which, frankly, you will be -- USPS hires far more employees than can actually fit in the working spaces to perform the necessary work. If the optimal number of people to do a task is two, USPS will have ten on hand to do it. You will be tripping over your coworkers  több... and far less work will be completed than if there were two or three people working the task. If you actually manage to find work to do, you will be effectively punished by being made to do some other menial job, since you have shown that you care. You will never be rewarded for hard work or a solid work ethic, as USPS is a purely seniority based employer and the management simply does not care about performance. This is to say that if someone starts one week before you, they will always be viewed as being more senior and will be eligible for promotions before you, regardless of any other seemingly important factor. Testing scores only matter in cases where more than one person was hired on the same day. Of the twenty(ish) people who were hired at my facility for Christmas, there were eight or so differing start dates, so at best, a high test score might change your seniority by three or so spots. It was also virtually impossible to be fired -- the only fireable offenses were showing up late, no-call no-showing, and violating federal law (stealing mail, opening mail, etc.). Working at a snail's pace was perfectly acceptable. Constantly making mistakes was also fine. Not caring and throwing packages marked as fragile thirty feet was encouraged. Furthermore, USPS does not care much about its employees. If they overscheduled for your shift, management would ambush you at the time clock and send you home. Employees were never called before being sent home. Also, if you did manage to clock in, management would change the time clock records to prevent paying you for your time. Career employees had recourse, but as a holiday employee, you mattered not. The USPS is bankrupt both financially and morally, and after working the job, I know why.

After all that, however, if you want easy, repetitive, menial work for an alright hourly wage, the USPS is perfect for you. Just do not expect it to be a well oiled machine that cares about you as an individual.
  kevesebb
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wost place i have worked
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2019, május 2.
The post office will try and have you work over 80 hours a week.no work to life balances. And the treat pses as basically slave labor. Manament is a joke. The Fed is down right unsafe to work at.
Non
Bad work envermt
Usps
United States Postal Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Macon, GA2019, április 23.
USPS is a fast-paced working environment. A lot of different things going on. But gave me the opportunity to advance within a short amount of time. Long work days but great pay
Good hours great pay
Past Exam
PSE/Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kearny, NJ2019, április 22.
It's excellent work. I just don't like that those of you who work like MHA or PSI are temporary. And I find it's not fair. As it astounds a process and even a test to leave a job and work only temporary. I'd love to change that. And that also give the opportunity to people who do not have accidents in the license to work in street. But in the rest I do not complain of USPS. Only there are many things that should change as especially Temporary.
Pay is Great
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, AL2019, április 19.
Pay is good but management sucks, they are rude disrespectful and feel as if they can say whatever because they are management. You don't start as a regular so the hours are terrible you work six days a week any time they tell you.
PAY
Kontra érvek
Hours, rude management, off days, work every holiday
Great Place to start
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fresno, CA2019, április 18.
If you're looking into having a great job opportunity with possibility for advancement and great pay this is the job for you. Would have made a career out of this field but sights was set on criminal justice.
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits, location placements throughout U.S.
Hard Work on Feet
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place to work unless you’re desperate for cash
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2019, április 17.
I would not recommend this job to anyone who is a go getter and can think for themselves. The opportunity to move up in any position is slim to none; there is a lot of favoritism. Don’t expect to have a life outside of here, once you start they own. Oh and don’t trust the schedule it changes daily( literally).Management is micro-managed; managers & supervisors truly are not qualified to do there jobs effectively. You will come in as a PSE- you are the lowest ranked and will be treated as such, work every holiday, crazy hours and shifts. You may work 14days straight; expect to be in that position for at least 3 years
Pay is good
Kontra érvek
managers & supervisors truly are not qualified to do there jobs effectively.
Not worth it for $18/hr
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Warrendale, PA2019, április 16.
Be ready to live there, have zero appreciation for your efforts, wait approximately 2 to 3 years to become a full-time regular, all the while killing yourself on a one-year contract that goes year to year while you attempt to climb the ladder of seniority where you only go higher if someone quits or retires.
Good benefits okay union
Kontra érvek
Everything you can think of in a terrible job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long work hours. Poor management. Good workers are over worked and slackers aren't held accountable!
Postal Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Shreveport, LA2019, április 15.
Unfair and unjust. Poor management. Long work hours. Slave drivers!!!! I hate this job but need the money. If I had known then when I resigned from my last job, I would not have ever came here. No time for family and friends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Steady volume of work, few days off
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2019, április 15.
Exciting to work for the United States Postal Service and learn how
it operates. Work is independent of others, but extremely fast paced and accuracy and efficiency are mandatory.
Pro érvek
Constant work, steady pace of work
Kontra érvek
limited days/time off, long shift hours
2,0
Supervisor sucks
PSE: MAIL PROCESSING CLERK (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2019, április 14.
this is mail processing clerk job, but very labor and slavery type job. Work on the graveyard time, without respect from the supervisors. They are multi-nationality very conservative culture the way they're acting like they are the boss with no respect laborers at all, it sucks working under their supervisions.
fast paced and busy
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redlands, CA 923732019, április 14.
Hard work but always showed up with a consistent drive to get the mail processed and outbound to its desired location. Long hours but good pay. Always an open spot to be promoted within the company. Team work is necessary in order to get the job done on a day to day basis. Increased memory span of zipcode's was useful in determining where a package or parcel would be placed as fast as one could sort.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fast paced work environment.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hillsboro, OR2019, április 14.
Productive and fast paced work environment. The management was fair overall. They work you hard but treat you like family. This also comes with the hard ship of stress for all employees.
poor management
Postal Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  CA2019, április 14.
management expects you to literally bend over backwards for them, but wont let you request off a day. there is definitely favoritism. I was supposed to be made regular two years ago. work/life balance is a joke, you work between 6-14 days straight and hope it gets better. it doesnt..
pay is decent
work/life balance, management, drama
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van