United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Postal Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Postal Clerk1 705 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 705 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 329 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail for domestic and APO delivery in standing and sedentary positions as a permanent part-time employee at the Mail Facility and Airport dispatch center.
Manditory Overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you enjoy a fast, busy work place, this would be the perfect job. You dont get many breaks and usually work long hours. The pay is great and so are the benefits.. Overall, great place to work!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a nice place too work, people are lazy & Management caters to their own kind. Too much drama from the women workers & way too much racism going on. I hear racial slurs about Blacks everyday from the Hispanic & Filipino workers. Manager is too scary & gossips with the employees like a schoolgirl. Starting not to like the job. Thinking about seeking legal council at this point.
My money
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get paid well to work here but the management is horrible there is no communication within the company. Something that is weird to me is that you get sick time but if you ever have to use it you get in trouble for using it. They don't like their employees using unscheduled leave so I guess they expect you to know ahead of time that you or your child may not be feeling well and you have to use sick leave.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You apply for one position and end up working at an entirely different location with outrageous hours . You dont know how awful your shift is until the day you go to a site . Only “career” employees work decent hours. I was told on the first day at the site my hours would be 5am-1:30 . No weekends off . Next week I was told to come in at 4:30 .
decent pay rate
Kontra érvek
no actual on the job training, the employees show you things one time and your expected to grasp the concept immediately, which is complicated. So many numbers and different responsibilities for PSE .
Munkahelyi kultúra
It takes a long time to be a “regular employee”. There are a lot of “old timers” who definitely take their time doing their jobs and then you have to stay and finish their job because they have a different contract. Ok pay but they work you like a dog.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect you to live in the post office and forget your family. Management Talks to you like you’re nothing If your single with no kids It will work out.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Working 12hrs 7days a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding physical work daily in certain positions of the post office, I would suggest wearing proper work gear always! Back brace as well as proper foot wear always.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, like anything in life a good work attitude will help you get thru probation period. The work of a PSE is hard but the pay is good in proportion of the work you do.
Work all the time
Work all the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stuck in the past of how things used to be instead of adapting to the new technologies and new and more efficient ways of doing things. All supervisors are not bad you have very few good ones.
Munkahelyi kultúra
highly toxic environment. Accusations, threats, and abuse. work for free. Work alone. Say you have off then last minute day before, put u on the schedule. Sabotage your work. PM Not help you.
Postmaster
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I started working for the post office being a new employee I worked weekends all holidays and overnight. You are compensated for your time but it’s rough if you are a single parent. As time progresses you can get better times and shifts and only work overtime when you want. I am not sure what the new policies are since I retired. My retirement benefits are great to include health care.
Excellent benefits
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
"No matter what get the mail out"
Even during a pandemic the focus is not on the employees or will it ever be. The focus is get the mail out, your breaks don't matter as well as how an individual is treated. As long as the mail is out the post office is happy. The job is very simplistic, but very taxing on your body.
Everything but the pay
● Overall
This is great paying job with solid benefits, BUT...you gotta put your time in, pick your battles, and remember that you can be replaced with ease if you're not career.

I eventually made career (I transfered to another job and got career), but do know that it came at a cost. You got a family? Make sure they understand your job can be demanding. You got a kid? There are going to be times you'll miss out because of your work.

There will be people that will push your buttons, but dont break. Things can get tough and there will be times you might feel down, but I made some solid friends that kept me going!
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won't get trained. This is the kind of job where is sink or swim attitude. They don't teach you anything, but they expect you to know everything. You've gotta befriend coworkers fast so they can help train you. If you don't learn fast they threat to fire you or pressure you into resigning.

You won't know when you have a day off. Expect to work 10 day straight for 10 hours at least.
Pro érvek
The pay is not that bad.
Kontra érvek
They don't even want you take breaks specially as CCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my management. Love the people I work with. Can get trained in different areas. Good Pay. Management is very understanding of personal situations. Night shift is the best!
Good People
Short lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to be a very determined person to work for the postal service. The work can be very hard and challenging. The pay and the benefits is a great reward.
The pay is excellent
Kontra érvek
The work can be stressful and back breaking
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at a rural office, completely by myself. I was only part time, so I had a perfect work/life balance. I was able to work extra hours sometimes at other offices. Overall, I loved this job.
Pro érvek
Work/life balance, good pay, supportive management
Kontra érvek
Could’ve used a few more hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The United States Postal Service does have a structure to which one moves forward securely. However, the culture is first in, first considered, veterans preferred. Also, time constraints hold you to the position you hate most long before you can advance.
Pro érvek
Safe pay, benefits, and once you're in, you're privy to any job you wish to move forward to that the public never has knowledge of.
Kontra érvek
Vague and fickle employment offerings, never an opening at a location near you, any job you wish to advance to requires no less than 2 years prior experience or a 4 year degree, asking for help or guidance feels very impersonal, no way to work and enjoy your earnings
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is mostly Fair & Pleasant Good working conditions...a bit stressful with deadlines & timely Deliveries...but overall Good Environment ... Pleasant Respectful Workers & Supervisors
Window Services ....Good interaction with Customers..Overall I've really enjoyed working with these great people, feels like a family...Started when I was 18yrs old...
good health care & benefits available, Window services Pleasant
Delivery Standards sometimes unreasonable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Far too much reports and paperwork required. Takes time away from a postmaster having time to actually supervise and fix problems that need their attention.
Job security