United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Postal Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Postal Clerk1 667 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 667 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 818 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail for domestic and APO delivery in standing and sedentary positions as a permanent part-time employee at the Mail Facility and Airport dispatch center.
Pay
Manditory Overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at the postal service. Its always exciting and you are able to advance to other positions if you want to. As long as you do your job there are great things you can accomplish.
Job security, good wages
Mostly part time positions
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Regulars who sit on the clock and still hours of work while others get put in 6 different departments through out the night. At the time clock you can get told you gotta stay 2 to 4 hours with no choice. I think 2 plus years is a little long to be seasonal with no benefits. They do NO training and treat you like they never was the NEW person it’s dis tasteful to say you work for them and get treated like bad. But it happened to me
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the Process and Distribution center main plant Downtown Roanoke. Bad hours, you will work evenings or nights as only seasoned or favored employees get put on day shift. Management does not care about you or your health. They just care about speed and numbers, if you get hurt or break down so what, they will just hire someone else, that is management’s mindset. They will only give you 8 hours between shifts some days. Management will harass and try to intimidate you for no reason. You can be doing your job minding your business and a supervisor will come up to you and bully you. When I first started working there, I had a supervisor time me on how long I was on break. I knew he was timing me because he looked at me as I was walking to the break room, then looked at his watch. You are allowed 15 minutes for break. Come back 1 minute late and you will be disciplined. I was back at my work station in 14 minutes. He came up to me and stepped me aside and claimed I was gone for 20 minutes and if I did it again I would be fired. Good employee or not if you are not favored you will be harassed. They micro manage. They will stand there and watch you work. 10 hour shifts 6 days a week. They do not tell you you will be working this many hours during orientation. Your body will break down over time as you are standing, bending your back to reach mail and the equipment is obsolete so you are prone to knee, back, and shoulder injury when pushing or pulling the equipment that transfers the mail. Many senior employees have had multiple different types of surgeries from doing this - több...
Pay
Kontra érvek
The whole place is a con
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office is a great Place to work and if you are interest it in the Post Office I would suggest to be flexible in your hours of .availability.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I still work here so I guess I shouldn't really be complaining but these are just my thoughts, don't let them convince you of leaving/joining. Money is decent, good rewarding place to work but the people are awful.

Get ready to be put in a toxic environment where you cant even trust management to help you. My current office is full of 30+ year clerks who are all union babies which go by the "its not my job to do that" rule and if you don't like it then they file a grievance. Its bad when even union reps come in and say they've been called in the office so many times to deal with the clerks and they can't do anything about it. A clerk at my office is an extreme mess, they leave restricted paper work out all over the desks, trash all over the floor, forms laying everywhere and management wont do a thing about it. This person is also late 10-15 minutes EVERY single day. I was told by management that they don't want to deal with the argument from them so they don't even bother, sad.

PSE's get basic heath coverage, that's it. Want to retire? To bad, no retirement for you. Want to actually use the annual leave time you earned? To bad, generic career employee #2 MAY have to leave early that day and your always on call. Yes always, even at midnight and if you don't show up its discipline. This means it leaves the only time you can use your AL is during your mandatory 5 day break, which my office even tried to call me in for and work off the clock because they were sort, a situation they put themselves in.

Management is filled with people who barely passed high school and
 - több...
Work is rewarding.
Kontra érvek
Management and other clerks are not your friends, they treat you like the "bottom scum" you are as a PSE.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overworked, lack of employees so you are required to do a two person job alone with the same time frame. sometimes work 10, 12 hours without a break in order to finish production and go home.
good pay
management is horrible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I often felt disrespected and undermined as a person and an employee. I could never expect fairness in the work place. I would often get my hours cut while my coworkers would receive over time. I'd often work 6 days per week but only 2 hours per day.
Pays well
Kontra érvek
Don't expect respect for your time or efforts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When i first started i loved it, but it grew to be to much physically & emotionally i have mental health issues & had to miss work because of that when i would come back i could feel people staring & whispering about me. After awhile it got old
Easy work, good pay
People dont necessarily care
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yes, it's a government job that pays nice. But if you are low man on the totem pole, be prepared!! Advancing up in this career will 5ake time, as you will be waiting for people to retire in order to move up! An home life? Ha forget it!! 6]-70 hour work weeks!! But other than, yes it's a great job!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The overall work environment is cool but can get messy and uninviting really quick.
Managers and supervisors are distracted and distractions. You have to be a very focused person to stay sane and out of drama in the USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Thank you indeed for helping me find a job at USPS. It’s good place to work that comes with great benefits. I worked the night shift which I wasn’t use to working at nights but overall everything was fine
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is easy. Its the management and employees that make your job experience there a nightmare. its a drama filled work environment that can become too much for anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job,hard work and odd hours. Quick moving,semi heavy equipment to be moved frequently. Able to take directions that change frequently. Can get dirty and loud.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yes, the Postal Service advertises they are hiring. What they do not tell you is that the position that you apply for is not going to be the position that you work in. With the exception of the mail carrier, and I will get to that in a moment, you will start as a PSE (Postal Service Employee) and your job will consist of sorting boxes. After a while, you may be selected to work in Automation which is where you feed mail into a sorting machine or you are the poor slob that gets to attend up to 680 numbered slots on that machine. If you have any issues whatsoever with standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping for 6 to 12 hours, this is not the job for you. The permanent employees are for the most part amenable. But, they will mess with you and they generally have zero tolerance for you. So, if you think this is place where you're going to socialize and make friends, forget it. In fact, its best if you don't talk to anyone unless you absolutely have to. Christmas and Holidays? Nope. You will not get them off until you have a few years seniority. You'll be paid well, especially for the "big 5" holidays, but, you will not be spending them with your family. Social life? Nope. Wrong again. You will begin by working from 6pm til whenever. If you're lucky, you might get changed to another shift. But, don't plan on it. Sick? Too bad. They'll literally have you come in to work so your supervisor or the HR person can verify you're sick and then, if they agree you're sick, then you get to go home and be sick. There's always someone there who's working with the - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked it but I was fired for missing too many days. I really liked it and needed it maybe I'll try again st a later date. They are very strict on punctuality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The older employees treat the younger employees as if they were slaves sent to replace the past workers who have now become your direct supervisor. They’ve worked all of these years so they can tell us what to do so that they can sit down. That’s how’s its always been is what is always said around the plant near the Ohare airport
The work day ended
Terrible pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a Young People Job. If you can get on get on. MANUAL LABOR. Pay and benefits are great. Long Days. But I honestly love it. I just want you to be prepared for the Work load.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contrary to what is portrayed in public, the USPS culture is extremely toxic. PSEs are treated like garbage. You work six days a week, 8-12 hours a day. Don't expect much of a personal/family life. For PSE clerks, there’s not really a set schedule. Be prepared to work whatever management wants you to work. Management is incompetent, unprofessional, dishonest, and disrespectful. They don’t care about employees. They only care about getting mail out the door. Some coworkers are great and work hard. Others, not so much. Management picks and chooses how and who to apply rules to. If you’re friends with management, you can get away with almost anything. If not, expect a different set of standards. If you can last long enough to get converted to career, then you have it made. Conversion time varies for different locations and crafts. If your ideal job is a dumpster fire, then apply away.
Pay is good
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
The only thing I didnt like about the US Post Office is the management. Lots of workers become managers with no type of training. I think that there should be a management training school that they need to go to before becoming a manager.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I delivered mail, as a city carrier assistant, everyone at work was isolated and kept to themself, during the six months I worked there i took lunch zero times so I could finish my work on time and still had to not get paid even though i skipped lunch six months in a row, if I did all my work my reward was helping slower employees. Would not recommend.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés