United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Operations Supervisor

Munkakör megnevezése
Operations Supervisor82 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
82 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 275 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Time for something new. Lack of respect from the employees and management. No light at the end of the tunnel, same thing every day. The union has destroyed the work ethics at the distribution plant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best thing that I liked about my job was that everyday something was different and there was always a situation we had to deal with and it was always a problem we had to solve all while meeting our deadline.
Pro érvek
Great coworkers and great management
Kontra érvek
Working conditions we're not always up to par.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no work life balance. They feel like you should dedicate your entire life to them. They don’t care about the employees or their families. They will work you to death and then punish you when you call in sick. Worked for them 13 years. It’s like a black hole that sucks all the life out of you. I’ve never been more ready to leave a job in my life. The only reason I give it 2 stars is because of the pay it’s decent compared to every other job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
greay compmy to work for the benefits as well as the way the company treats its employees is by far the best thing anyone can ask for. I always go to work and enjoy it,
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is always work available. The best benefits and upward mobility. You can transfer anywhere in the country. Several training courses are provided to assist you with improving your knowledge and skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for five years and I never had time off with my family. it was 70 hour work weeks. The pay is great and benefits are there but if you are willing to sacarfice your family the choice is yours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During the time I spend working, I obtain a large experience, working with a versatility of employee of different races. Also I learn how to deal with an environment of fast operations and distribution to comply with the daily exceptions. Experience dealing with Unions. Get capacitation and training frequently to maintain update with the duties in charge. Construct and learn the different cultures of the employees.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, obtains variety of knowledge in an operations and distribution areas.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, difficult to be promoted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company does have room for growth and offered promotes within it work force. I loved my job as a operation supervisor, working with my employees everyday gave me a great sense of accomplishment. I worked had to be trained in multiple areas, to help if other supervisors where sick or on vacation. The hardest part of my job would have been lack of support and encouragement from upper management. We would have a daily supervisor meetings and instead of encouragement it was more of a beat down. Very rarely were we recognized for a job well done or going above and beyond our normal Jobs. Upper managements uses threat tactics to try and motivate people which is not very successful in the long run. people work best when they feel that they matter and are doing a good job not when they are in fear of making mistakes. I made sure every day that my 45 employees knew how much I appreciated their had work and would point out 1 individual thing they did well that day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place a a very fast paced environment. Benefits are great especially for veterans, but the training and communication could improve. There is no formal training in operations for management. Employee engagement and recognition needs much improvement.
PTO
Kontra érvek
no time for breaks at times for supervisor/managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
The benefits and pay are the best part of the job. You have to deal with work challenges that come from both fellow employees and management. If you are looking for a great paying job with benefits, this is ideal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is regarding my experience at the West Sacramento P&DC (6 years). Working at the “plant” was interesting the average worker is entitled and emboldened by a union that enables behavior that would find you out in the street in private industry. Likewise many in management are enabled by the crony system to act and treat people below them in an appalling fashion. An average night flew by, as it was extremely fast paced, as a supervisor you are in charge of a “unit” and the success of it overseeing anywhere from 10-50 employees. You are given a portable 2 way radio used for instant communication and planning. The radio was also a platform for managers to scream and embarrass their supervisors to the audience of whoever had a radio which is 40+ people. This behavior wasn’t only seen by middle managers, a more “senior” manager would come around and do the same thing to those managers below them. This is the culture. All the way up. I personally have a high tolerance to stress, not everyone does. Managers above me have had heart attacks on the workroom floor because of this. When this happens nothing changes you’d think when people start collapsing on the floor behavior would be reviewed. So I’m actually don’t want to write any longer so I’ll wrap it up. If you are a young person looking to take this job I would say this will teach you if you have grit, as it is not for the faint of heart. As a slightly older adult I’ve realized there is so much more available regarding every facet of a career there could be out there. Income, benefits, culture all of these are more fruitful elsewhere, - több...
Pro érvek
Friendships that you build from covering each others butts if you aren’t a snake, Benefits aren’t bad
Literally everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned a lot as a manager. I started off with doing a small amount of work with a small crew then I moved to have up to 75 people on a bigger machine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and make money. Plenty of chances for overtime available and they offer great benefits. Positions available on all shifts. Great pay and benefits
Management is the worst
the people are the worst lazy entitled employees I ever met

Nosey no life having people really makes your easy job suck

Too many chiefs not enough Indians

Great opportunities for advancement

You will always have a job working for USPS
Always have a job
Mentally and physically exhausting
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS can be a great place to work if you want to advance and learn. You are expected to show up and contribute everyday. You are expected to learn a variety of skills and master them. There are opportunities to advance, however you not entitled to anything, you must endeavor to learn, study and apply your skills.
If you are hired by the USPS, do your best everyday and you will be noticed and appreciated. If you seek advancement seek a mentor and learn. Good luck.
Great paying job.
Kontra érvek
Not every employee has a great working attitude.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working at the postal services. You have the opportunity to work in management by first being selected to work temporary in a supervisor position. You have some good supervisors that are willing to help you reach your potential.
Good Benefits
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day for me began at 2;;30pm and if everything went well,ended at 11:00pm. The month of dec.was usually the busiest because of increased volume,eg. xmas cards and packages.I learned that if you treat people with dignity and respect,your problems will be few.First line mgt worked well most of the time whereas middle and upper mgrs. sometimes were a bit haughty.
Pro érvek
job security, compensation, and opportunity for advancement
Kontra érvek
short lunch breaks, micro mgt by overzealous middle mgt
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Springfield MA BMC nasty place, mean unhappy co-workers if a solution or action is logical it will never happen here - union is corrupt
Good pay and benefits if you can tolerate the place
Munkahelyi kultúra
A government service that is trying to be run like a business. Service is customer focused. Business is profit focused and their paths often diverge.
A typical day involves responding to a large volume of emails about things that do not pertain to you, completing a number of tasks that should be handled in different forums but are all pushed down from above to line supervisors, scheduling, and managing your department the best you can with little information or resources and being chastised for things you were not made aware were todays focus. Buzz words abound, blame is in great supply, teamwork is not. Workplace culture is toxic. Nepotism and cronyism is rampant. Managers do illegal things with impunity because there is no real threat of blow back. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you signed up for this. You went into management and did this to yourself and there is no escape but to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new talent and helping them in their careers.
Pro érvek
Security and pay is good.
Everything else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My review, is that the postal organization is a great place to work. The leadership is sometimes questionable. But, the work gets done. Some operation areas needs more attention than others. However, if management does not relay any new processing changes immediately, there will be concerns.
Most managers worked together, I loved my job as a Operations Specialist
Kontra érvek
the other managers did not
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits. Paid time off. Able to advance within the postal service. Certain holidays are paid time off. Working hours are not that great sometimes.
Pro érvek
Great benefits and paid time off
Working hours