United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mechanic

Munkakör megnevezése
Mechanic41 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
41 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 284 értékelés megtekintése
Boring and mundane
I would recommend this job to anyone who is fine with doing the same thing to the same vehicles day in and day out. I myself get bored easily and need to be challenged
Good benefits
Very boring
Munkahelyi kultúra
It:s the worst place, I ever worked. Iam glad I quit.
I would not recommend it to anyone. The management is the worst I have ever seen. This is filled with the most miserable people I have ever had the displeasure to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for postal service has helped me
I retired after 38 years working for US Postal Service. I started as a clerk then later became mail processing equipment mechanic. I have been sent to postal training center for different machines.
2,0
Scary place to work
Poor management. Organization operates 7 days a week,and still can't meet delivery obligations.
The workforce has to continually fight with management, who rarely follows the contract.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place.
A typical day including checking with management about repairs needed, then test driving vehicle to verify complaint. Diagnosing problem, getting approval from management, ordering parts, repair problem then retest to confirm vehicle is repaired. Then return to management to re-enter vehicle back to driver.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
horrorably mismanaged
a very sad ad depressing place to work. very very mismanaged. Most of the higher management are on power trips and the turnover is horrendous .sometimes they have revolving door management system
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not "a great job" like people will tell you it is...
This place has gone down hill. There is no job security here and management is terrible. You are expected to do more work than is physically possible for some people. There are people there working 12-14 hour shifts 6-7 days a week. They do not care about your personal health or wellbeing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job single highhandedly propelled my learning for mechanical engineering. Bosses were great and the field is ripe for improvement and growth. I cannot recommend this place enough.
oh well
punch in, go to work. punch out. go home. repeat process for 25,30,35,40 years.good benefits, usually poo management, back stabbing fellow employees.la,la,la...
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
management
Great in Beginning
Poor management has ruined the USPS and I would no longer suggest employment for this timeless entity. The threat of privatization and an unyielding congress have hobbled the mail service.
Very Political
Very political place to work. Company is run backwards lots of wasted resources and time. Politically controlled,hard to go anywhere in management unless your willing to be fake and lie to get what you want.
Great pay
Kontra érvek
Management are backstabbers and only care about themselves and their bonuses.
Nice work environment
Great place to work. Great place to work and advance your career. I would stay on longer but it is a much longer commute for me as I have recently moved.
Good salary
Long commute for me
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Electronic Technician (Former employee: Quit)
I worked 8 years as a Electronic Technician in Sacramento Plant. I faced daily harassment by supervisor and maintenance Manager. I filed an EEO for help. EEO representative was friends with Maintenance manager and didn't get no help except more harassment. In the end I decided to Resign and walked away to have more peace in my life. Postal maintenance management is the worst in the world by far. its a mafia.
Benefits and pay
Poor management
Decent benefits, opportunities for overtime. Terrible management, harassment, and often unsafe work conditions. Bad for physical, emotional, and mental health.
fast paced work environment
Can be stressful at times but very good job other wise. Has great benefits and retirement. Lack of job advancement is the downfall. good work environment
Good pay
No job advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
A large mechanical facility with digital assist
The building is industrial setting with a series of conveyor belts, induction lines, manual and automated induction lines. At the facility I places tools into a tricycle and ride to the various places about the building to troubleshoot and repair.
Stable work
Kontra érvek
Personnel difficult to work with sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive company with pinball machines
This establishment was a great experience, by knowing my job it was a less stressful place to work, going to the break room to play pinball machines helped with relief of stressful days and that one had room for advancement with the company.
Pro érvek
Company had a grill and a variety of vending machines.The post office had helath care, dental eyeglass and 401k.
Kontra érvek
Management are the ones who came around and stressed people out
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, upward mobility available, training available. Good salary for starting positions and competitive salary for long term career employment.
Safeworking environment good benefits. Travel is optional.
Security
Off hours work
Good pay & advancement, but MicroManaged, daily harassment
USPS is a semi-government business. Abides by Federal law on discrimination (especially age).
Production speed can never be enough. Constantly downsizing (750K employees - 500K in 10yrs).

Management in most departments pressures all employees to work faster & faster to compensate for employee reductions.

Unions present, but toothless.

Pay is good.
Benefits, leave, Pay, breaks
constant speed increase demands. High stress. Micromanaging Management
good enviroment
I enjoyed very much working with the people at the Postal Service even tho at times it was a little stressful over all it was an enjoyable working environment
good time
stress at time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a good place to work, many people to interact with. Always something to do and learn. Coworkers are willing to help you along the way. Many advancement opportunities.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés