United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Maintenance Technician

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The United States Postal service allowed me the opportunity to have a career with benefits that helped me in life I would of liked to move up in the company and continued my career but conflicting ideas occurred
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been in the usps for 7 years and have not like a day of it thats why I'm on a new path in life the get u with the pay but u will learn they do not care at all about u or your family
pay
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
The PO used to be a job that people wanted and Due to the testing, quality people were hired. Now any jo shmo, with no work ethics, sense of urgency or hard working are hired. They think there entitled, they are lazy so they go into management. I’m 58 worked at a few different offices and now taking an early retirement, like a lot of my great coworkers are doing .. It would now be a better place to work if it went public It may as well, the union is weak.....
Kontra érvek
Every joint in your body hurts!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service has good pay and decent benefits. The culture within, however is horrible. You have managers and supervisors who are totally useless and try to use intimidation to get what they want. The problem is, is that the Post Office will let anyone who wants to be a supervisor, supervise, whether they are qualified or not. You might be pushing a broom this week, and a supervisor next week.You have people being put into high paying jobs who have no skills at all. It's disorganized and can be dangerous. I'd say only apply to USPS as a last resort. If you can get your money somewhere else, do that. Had I known how it really was, I would have gone with a different government agency.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job required good time management must be excellent reader, must be excellent at driving direction, I became good at all that was expected of me.i worked for 39 years with 14 years military.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They united states postal service can be a very rewarding job. Good place of employment great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement not only in management but also in technical and mechanical crafts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was initially excited to work at the post office since both my mom and dad worked at various locations up north for many years, even meeting each other at one. But then the West Palm Beach facility seems to patch up growing problems with duct tape, metaphorically and literally. Some buildings are contaminated with mold and asbestos, some employees are caught leaving work amen coming back off the clock, but if they’re liked by management, those end up being the employees who’s get promoted. Basically don’t do anything to challenge management and do everything they tell you to in order to advance. Whether legal or not.
Pay, Benefits
Favoritism, Job Shortages, Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I continued my employment for only a short period of time as a Equipment mechanic. The type of work was comfortable to attain. I didn't like the 90 mile drive one way to the plant which made my decision to go back to CSMS later that same year.
Pro érvek
All the hours one could work
Travel distance to job
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired in the maintenance section of the Postal Service. There were a lot of changes and technological updates starting at the time I was there. At the time, it was definitely NOT run like a private business, while some things were done efficiently, others were not. That was decades ago and I am sure they have had to improve on a lot of things in order to compete with the private delivery companies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I retired from USPS in 2019 after 33 years. 21 in MA and the last 11 years in FL. Working for USPS can be the easiest or hardiest job you can imagine. Avoid being a Letter Carrier at all costs unless its your only path to get hired. Immediately seek to change Crafts to either Maintenance or Mail Handler ASAP! If your a Veteran, apply for a Custodial position. $60K @ year for pushing a broom with zero stress. Unlimited overtime. Can easily make 100K a year in most locations. Poor management as promotions are given to laziest employees who wave their hands the highest. 13 days Sick Leave a year which you (can't) use without risking disciplinary action taken unless you are covered by FMLA. 5 weeks vacation after 15 years. Best health and dental benefits, same as Congress has. Matching contributions to 401K. Where else can you average 60K a year with no skills and education? Come to work, do not get injured, be semi-suppordinant, and you are the perfect employee. Leave your brains at home. They are only looking for a body with a strong back and a weak mind.
Job Security, Benefits, Pay
Kontra érvek
Working for idiots with idiots.
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked there my whole life. I learned alot, and became great at my job. Policies in effect were understandable, the booses are ice. employees are nice. all around, great place to work.
nice employees
no free lunches lol
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great management relaxing environment to work in. If it were full time I would've stayed. Close to home great people to work with. The pace of the job was perfect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice company to work for the pay is lousy , I love the people that I worked with there. Nice manager and wanted the best for his employees. Great training there also.
free lunches
Kontra érvek
short breaks and no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
the hours were,job security was the best any where,provided plenty of vacation an personal time when ever a person needed to be off from work.the personal were great to work with
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent place to work.The benefits outweigh most employers.The earn vacation days are well deserved.The experience you gain will last a life time.The diversity of the work force makes it an excellent place to work.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Munkahelyi kultúra
An industry that provides one of the greatest services on the planet. It can be a very demanding job and also not family friendly. There are good benefits a very good salary structure. Report to work on a continuous basis and it's basically your job to lose. There may also be room for upward mobility.
Pro érvek
Good career job, benefits and salary structure. Union protected jobs.
Kontra érvek
Stressful environment, no character requirements.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a good place for someone who needs a job for a half decent wage. It is, however not a career that anybody plans on taking. Easy to get burned out
Kontra érvek
Low pay and discrimination agaisnt non career employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked in several different positions during my time with the U. S. Postal Service, for the most part, I feel as though my true calling has not been met during my entire time with the company. A typical day for me is to call our suppliers, and vendors to either get costs for parts and supplies, or to place orders and make purchases. I receipt for parts, issue parts, submit work orders, enter data. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the disparity of treatment from some of the supervisors and my manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is continuing the true friendships that I have made there, thus far.
Pro érvek
Health benefits, Salary, potential for advancement
Kontra érvek
Politics, unfair treatment of the lower level employee, Favoritism; nepotism.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There would be Employee's that had been there for years just abusing the system and then protected by the union. They would hide in small rooms will the new employees that had no union backing did all the work.
Did find any
Union
Munkahelyi kultúra
While job work/life balance was average, the harassment handed out by the supervisor(s) were a drain on the workforce. There is no security, management is terrible, and the culture is destructive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I retired from the US Postal Service with a Strong Work Ethic and have been able to accomplish many positive things throughout my career.
Pro érvek
A career that was very rewarding.