United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Maintenance Mechanic

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
23 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am glad I work at USPS. We provide a service for the entire world. Life would be a huge struggle for many people if we did not deliver letters, parcels and flats. This includes magazines, presents and many personal items. Some items may have great value. No working environment is perfect but we have to do our part to make it better
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. That's why I choose to keep it to myself. Do whats best for you and your life hopefully it makes you happy!
Munkahelyi kultúra
See above statement is all need be said , MGMT lie and twist federal regs and know that employees will have difficulty finding legal representation!!!!
Pro érvek
Federal job, if they like you.
Kontra érvek
Once you are on their bad side, MGMT makes it impossible to make it right.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Currently a maintenance mechanic 7 years of working as a mail handler. easy to cross over to different jobs. Once you're career just watch e career , information boards or you could write management your interest with a simple letter. Working operations was extremely depressing frfr once I moved piece of cake. Easy interviews no experience paid vayk
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work days are 8 hours 1/2 hour lunch. Days are 24/7 so can choose from available openings. Seniority based so not always sure thing. Be prepared to get your hands dirty
Munkahelyi kultúra
High stress, fast paced but overall good job if you can deal with micromanagement at most levels, are a honest good worker you can enjoy a job at this company
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is filled with great people to work with. The enormous size of the institution keeps the tides of change from moving it forward. You will not receive equal pay for equal work until you have 10yrs or more seniority. Every position, schedule and vacation day are bid by seniority. The new young energetic employees do all the work while the old timers coast and collect fat hourly wages. I would still recommend it as a place to work but it is a dying business model in a new world.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job, poor management, lack of communication, unfair job assignments, nepotism runs deep, stress ia very high, and there's a great division in the plant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re passive and you don’t like drama, you won’t do well here. Coworkers and management will go after you like a junkyard dog if you mind your own business and just try to get your job done. Anyone can accuse you of anything and you never get a chance to defend yourself.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the postal service for almost 5 years. In the maintenance department there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. There is a few test that need to be taken to advance in certain positions but they are fairly simple
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great experience working there but I didn’t get to see my kids that much because of the hours and overtime and the manager was not clear enough when it comes to what he needs done
Good pay
Poor communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day entails vacuuming the mail processing equipment, looking for mail that may have gotten stuck in the machines, and performing routine maintenance such as replacing belts and pulleys. Periodic work outside of the processing plant servicing PO boxes, collection boxes, and the mailbox clusters at apartment complexes.
Great pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
30 minute lunch with almost no restaurants close enough, every minute accounted for, frequent overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The only thing keeping me here are the guys I came in with as a mechanic. We’re for the most part young and have a sort of brotherhood but even then I’m still going to leave. If you’re working on the mail handling side it should be a great paying job but be prepared to give up your time as you’ll be working a lot of overtime. You’ll meet some great people here but it’s apparent that the stress of the job, environment, noise, drama, etc. has gotten to most and has affected them in a way that is negative. You have supervisors who of course have their job to do, but you can definitely tell where some are just way over their head in terms of a power trip. The pay is a standard payscale across the US, living in CA 42,000/year is nowhere near enough especially with inflation and the living costs with rent for a one bedroom being on avg $2100, I only bring in 2k/month after taxes. In order to survive you have to depend on Overtime and for my position it doesn’t come often until the holiday season. I can’t even make it to the holiday season. But I have to give credit to those who have been here for more than a year. Some have been here for 40 years and still working. We are in service to the American people to make sure their mail gets delivered on time and properly and that is what we do. I wish that things could be a little bit different for efficiency and for the new generation such as myself to feel like I belong here. With my talents and skills, they are just being wasted and I would be doing a dis-service to myself if I didn’t live up to my tru potential. - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best teams I had the opportunity to work with. I worked at the Tallahassee Florida plant and Panama City Florida plant by far a great experience.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Stressful, fast pace, and under staffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for USPS. So many ways to elevate crafts. Always room for professional growth and advancement. The pay is great for the amount of work that is done.
Pro érvek
Great pay, overtime if needed.
Short breaks and lunch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
check in with the boss at the start of shift and then the inmates run the show as the supervisors run around and try to herd cats. Money is tight. very tight
Pro érvek
plenty of work ( to avoid) Union.
Kontra érvek
brutally low pay- ok if we were in the 1980's, 24/7 and not merit based, time based- how much time have you put in?? lots of unqualified people gather at the USPS
Munkahelyi kultúra
With machinery doing more manual jobs, there is much more room for errors, a machine doesnt know whether an address is correct if its misspelled or misnamed, only a human brain knows for sure. If a person likes weird hours and days off, its not a bad job, managememt gets most of the weekends off. There is opportunity for advancement, which is not difficult to obtain, you just have to know who to be "buddy-pals" with.
Pro érvek
Two 15 mimute breaks, half hour lunch, overtime and holiday pay, good benefits, paid vacations and sick leave.
Kontra érvek
Weird hours and days off, not a family oriented vocation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Has been a great employer but the trend is now reversing. Knowledge base of new hires has led to the down fall of the maintenance craft. This includes poor supervision.
steady work
no accountability
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to work overall. The pay and benefits are good as well as the job security. The environment can be a little harsh at times but not too much once you get aclaimated to the dirt, bad lighting, and noise!
what I said above
Kontra érvek
not flexible when it comes to shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really enjoy working in this kind of environment. Great people to work for.. If you see you can do the job better and cheaper the boss will listen and make the decision of your way or his.. many time the said just get it done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Performs involved trouble shooting and complex maintenance work on building and building equipment systems, preventive maintenance and maintenance inspections of building, building equipment and building systems, and maintains and operates a large automated air conditioning system and a large heating system.
Teem work
Kontra érvek
traveling yo and from home