United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Sorter

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Sorter153 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 314 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast paced, always ask questions on job, or for routes location, management helps out with timing, delivery, routes. its always interesting everyday, to meet someone new
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a factory that served 365 days of the year 24 hours a day, packages and mail never stop coming through our building. managers were hired on who they new ad employees had to teach them areas they had never worked in. most people go along well. building held 2000 employees across 3 shifts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When first hired was not told that i was not a regular employee, not told that my life had to be put on hold because they force you to work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and always threatening you if you don't work them until you get hired in and then you work harder then the clerks and the clerks get payed more then mail handlers for doing less work. Management is terrible and always threatening people with writing people up, they try and tell you how to do your job when they have never done your job, managers that get into fights in plants just get moved to other buildings and keep there jobs and get promoted in some cases to Plant Managers or Acting Plant Managers even with a zero tolerance policy but if the same thing happens with a regular worker and they immediately try firing you and put you out of the building. just not a good place to work for, until the post office turns itself around and they quit running it like its part of the military and run it like a regular business, i don't see any big changes happening any time soon.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I jhad a very good experience working at the post office the only problem i had was the traveling the trains dont be working right on the weekend but othan that
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, the lifespan working experience was positive. I liked working with the company, was always positive and I loved the work. Had a few bad experiences that hurt me, but generally the work environment was positive for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Receive assignments daily from expected shipments, overnight delays, or current units needed. Unload mail bins, scan each item on conveyor belt while accurately scanning all units so that you units on scanner match the units on the now outbound bins total.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
In your first 90 days you are not part of the union therefore they can do whatever they want wth you. Refusal to do anything in your probationary period willl get you fired. They can change your shifts, call mandatory 12 hour shifts at the end of your scheduled day. Move you to 5 different departments during a 12 hour shift. They do not give you the same standard breaks as the union workers. I sometimes worked up to 8 hours before I would get a 15 minute break. You are hired as a casual and led to believe that you can make career at anytime. They have instituted the 2.5 year policy. You won't see career before that timeline. For the first 2.5 years you are required to work 6 days per week and that will include Saturdays AND Sundays. Weekends off are given by senority. Also, you can not file union greivances against Management for the first 90 days and they will push you to your limits knowing that. They are forced to give union employees whatever they want so they take their anger out on the new hires.
Munkahelyi kultúra
i think it's a good career for a person to have it has a lot of benefits for you they take care of you, teach you different trades pay for schooling i think it's just a all around good environment to work.
good pay
heavy lifting
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically you went over your past work experiences. Basic guidelines and demands of the job. Likes and dislikes about previous job. If you get approved for the job, you’ll need to accept quickly and head in for drug test and possible physical.
Pro érvek
Decent pay, easier to get a full time permanent job
Kontra érvek
Seasonal, let go after busy season, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the post office!!! It was a great experience.Nice people excellent company , I would love to go back and work for them again it feel good when you have a job the you love to go to!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of my favorite things to do was work on the flat machine. This was a machine that sorted the flats (magazines and newspapers) by zip code. I would sit at a conveyer and the flats would come in front of me and I would have to key the last three digits of the zip code, then the machine would take the flat and dump it in a tub to be delivered to that particular post office. I liked to challenge myself on how fast I could key them in. I was scheduled on Tour 1, which is 10:30 pm to 7 am and I was surprised when I found out I would be working nights. I guess I never gave it a thought as to how the mail got to the post office for the carriers to deliver. I have to admit, it was an adjustment to work those hours.
great place to work
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of work and long hot hours. Your a temp until you make regular. It could take years to make regular. It all depend on how fast people retire and the regulars are in no hurry to retire. They treat you like a nobody and you do all the bad jobs that the regulars don't want to do. You will more than likely work the bad hours, weekends and all the holidays. You get no benefits until you make regular.
Kontra érvek
Lots of hours, no benifits, work all weekends and holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did what was expected of me and the requirements are simple enough to follow that someone should have no issues following. They pay well but expect the work for the pay as simple as it may be.
Money and job security
hours
Great pay
Benefits

Friends

Nice atmosphere

Great leadership

Room for growth

And overall good feeling when working there at United States postal service
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working at the post office, you have to be ready to work fast pace and sometimes work on machine by yourself and making sure nothing is trap or Stuck in between the machine and making sure making keep moving because it was on a timer . Every time it stop .
Great management team
Kontra érvek
Some days you short of help and you got to work a line by yourself
Munkahelyi kultúra
I do not have anything negative to say about the postal service. A great way to retire off of 401k. There are always overtime hours at the post office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed and laid back. The work was pretty easy. I actually enjoyed it. I would definitely return to work there. You can have headphones so that’s a plus.
Pro érvek
Relaxed environment and decent pay
Kontra érvek
Have to work holidays and mandatory overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a wonderful place to work with a pension and a promising benefit package. If you can move from a temporary position to a full time position do so.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Going in at 3am was the easiest thing! I thought I would be tired but I wasn't. My job was to get the trucks ready to load so they can go out and deliver mail for that area.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the post office. Very comfortable environment.Very Nice people and My hours was great the only hard part was me having to work on the weekends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office part time was grate for me because it helped me pay my way threw school. I enjoyed learning how to sort mail by zip codes, state, and county.