United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Handler állásra itt: West Sacramento, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
13 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 731 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management doesn't know what they are doing and treat the day like it's brand new. I would suggest if you can deal with management panicking all the time then this is the job for you. They don't take suggestions to make the work easier. Instead they constantly harass the people that work the most.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours here are long and will be required to stay 12hr days no questions asked if just starting out. The more you do, the more management expects of you. Full time regulars will stand around with a thumb up where the sun don't shine and will watch you do all the work for them. If you can kiss everyone's butt you will get somewhere here no problem!
Pro érvek
Benefits as regular are good.
Poor Management, Favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is great if you have no life or family. They don't tell you how long your day will be so you could be there for 12 hours. Swing is especially bad. There's a lot of family here, as in your shift manager will have his wife, mother in law, brother and cousins working there on his shift. And they leave while you stay for the mandatory over time. Good money, poor management, very few people who will help you learn your duties. Literally no help. Wanna have your lunch in 5 hours of being there (which is California state law)? Nope. Federal institutions trump state law. There's good people here but their the minority. Really wanted to love working here, but aside from the mismanagement and disorganization, greed, and general stupidity, my last straw was when they changed my shift without notifying me ahead of time (a day before my break of service was done) and didn't care that the change was a hardship for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a professional work environment. Unorganized and irresponsible workers. Decided that the USPS wasn’t a good fit for me. So I decided to return to the medical field
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is easy. There's no strong incentive to work together or get along well, just show up and get paid. Management isn't concerned with the well-being of the business or the employees.
Salary for work provided
Kontra érvek
Morale, Management involvement, efficiency....
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company needs an overhaul, do not treat employees right and especially casual employees, treat them disrespectful like there not there and they do most of the work, and casuals do not know how long they have to work, they will get rid of you when you do not know and you can be a hard worker, no respect'
No free Lunches
15 min breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having worked in a Post Office. The MHA position is night and day. As a carrier assistant I was treated like dirt, laughed at, given no training ( academy said my OJI would teach me, nope) , cussed out within hours of starting my first shift, obvious bias. There's a reason why CCAs quit in droves. As a MHA it has been a pleasant surprise. My supervisors and co-worker are all FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND EXPLAIN THINGS. I was able to get up to speed very quickly and fall into place with the pace at which everyone was working. Pros. *Coworkers and immediate superior. *all the hours you can dream of. *Get moved around and learn new positions with in the factory. Variety! *no pitbulls Cons. *Getting used to standing on concrete for 12 hours is the hardest part. A couple weeks in and my feet and calves are still screaming. *8 hour shifts feel like a vacation. * language barrier. Hard to understand alot of folk.
Pro érvek
Great hours, everyone is friendly
12 hours of standing on concrete, my dogs are barking at the 8 hour mark
Munkahelyi kultúra
a geat place to work an overview on how a mail travels from the time it is send to the time it is recieved management and co-workers are very helpful aand knowledgeable
friendly atmosphere
long hours of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here about 3 months and it was the hardest, worst, and over worked job I've ever done. At times I worked 12 hour shifts my feet all day NO sitting except for a 30 minute lunch. The managers are so rude, and don't care. Being a manager isn't easy but you also don't want your employees hate coming to work, or feel like they're being mistreated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mdo's have no idea what they are doing. That place is a circus!
everything about that place
Munkahelyi kultúra
"Go home safe"! That's the motto you learn in orientation and at our weekly safety meetings. Being a Mail Handler is a very physical job of prepping, moving, separating and lifting mail, periodicals and parcels. It is a fascinating process that people don't get to witness unless you are an employee of the USPS. Absolutely no one is allowed in the P&DC (process & distribution center) building without proper clearance and authorization. I have been working there for a few months now and the machines that process the mail after we prep them, still amazes me! I am the oldest of my team and in this short time, I have been given the title of group leader. Although my team consists of people who are the ages of my children, everyone pulls their weight! This team is what motivates me to go into work everyday. Not only does everyone do their jobs, but they are a fun group also. The hardest part of being a Mail Handler is having to deal with the heat in the warehouse and the lifting of heavy mail. I also have a great supervisor that puts a lot of trust in me in making sure our team is functioning, taking their breaks and being productive. Because of her trust in our team, we are able to work without her direct supervision.
Pro érvek
Great supervisor, great team of co-workers
Contract of only 350 days, no benefits, no set schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clock in to work, go to your manager and see what areas need help. I learned that a person must always be ready to commit more time and cancel plans, in order to get work done. Co-workers here were very helpful, and only had the best intentions for everyone. The hardest part of the job, was a constantly changing schedule and hours. Never had a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how everything operates. Some managers were good, some didn't do anything to help.
Good pay, good hours
Non-flexible, bad schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting outgoing and incoming mail. Management is very knowledgeable. Co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning various departments and to see how each departments procedure differs from each other. This job keeps you on your toes. There is always something to do.
40+ hours a week.