United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Handler állásra itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management knows nothing. Big bosses are technically supervisors who have been granted the authority to work hard workers harder, and workers who don't work they don't bother. Employees in the craft of mail handler assistant are worked to the Bone for years without becoming a permanent regular worker. Mha and Pse's have no real legal rights to real Union representation. Big bosses are married and sleeping with married supervisors and granting them acting mdo status. Favoritism and nepotism has now become the culture of the u.s. postal services. Hard workers are overlooked and not appreciated for the work that they do. Upper management lies and makes promises that they have no intentions of keeping. Could be a great place to work if everyone was treated the same and held at the same standards. Absolutely no SOP for any shifts. It's a paycheck.
Paycheck
Everything Else
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can try your hardest and go as fast as you can and it is never enough always rushing and being moved from place to place around the whole warehouse floor and loading docks And they say safety is priority but doing things fast and unsafe is what they really look for
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there as a Mail handler for 8 years.they show you and tell what to do.so you don't have to worry. It's fast paced,but you have to pay attention to details.
Pro érvek
very good medical coverage, pays very good.
Kontra érvek
must be able to work on Christmas more than 8 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS was a cool experience though the Management can take an etiquette class or two. Overall I would say that I would recommend working at the Untied States Postal Service
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a great place to work if you can handle being supervised by people that barely know what they’re doing. It’s an easy job with the only hard part being that you have to go to work. They offer overtime & holiday pay.
Easy
Management doesn’t listen
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working at the post office very much the pay is ok not enough pay for cost of living.Its hard labor which i like fast pace work and time effeciency.
Overtime
Kontra érvek
Work schedule hard to get days to attend to my kids scholl scedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced and very tiring and the hardest part of the job is lots of lifting sometimes more than 50 pounds. Also dangerous because of the many machine and equipment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
lifting items weigh up to seventy pounds, customer service, teamworks, a bit stressful towards hours and assignments, walking miles and miles a day, driving all types of vehicles.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel that the USPS is not for all. I thrived on the truck loading docks, because I was physically active, & there was always something new to think about. However, on the few occasions that I was transferred inside, I felt stifled. Some of this was due to my size. Most of the work stations on the interior of the Processing Center were designed for people who have a height not greater than 5-ft 8-in. I stand at 6-ft 5-in, so this put me at a stooped disadvantage. Also, the management needs to train their workers more. Ofrten enough, I was given tools that I was utterly unfamiliar with, & expected to be able to master within minutes. This was not productive, as I could have injured myself or others, numerous times, but since I did not, I have to be grateful to my co-workers who taught me what I needed to know. I give the US Post Office a 5.
great comaderie
Uncomfortable Break Rooms, no lunch pay, vending machines always broken
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Post Office is a good challenge for me. And I caught on very fast. Nice people to work with. You learn different areas of work space in the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a jobthat required punctuality in arriving. 5 minutes late could result in a write up. I learned to work under time pressure and work often independently. Supervivion had a lot to be desired however. Mgmt wasn;'t trained very well. The coworkers were often weird but easy to get along with...this is the Post Office, remember? Hardest part was the amount of mandatory overtime I had to work and the lack of appreciation for the effort to do a suburb job. I liked the versatility of hours and assignments which I was allowed to change periodically.
good pay, varied hours
Kontra érvek
poor management, difficult environment...cleanliness and weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Organize work areas to ready mail for processing and distribution.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When arriving at work im comfortable because I was surrounded by friendly co-workers that would help me with anything i needed. The work was easy and my co-workers were motivating. I liked that the job was time consuming and made the day go by fast. the hardest part of the job was only when i didn't have nothing to do and had to do something i didn't know how to do.
time consuming work
closed down building
Munkahelyi kultúra
In review, I can truly say that the Postal Service was a giant family in which we all helped each other in the daily task of process and delivery of US and International mail. Everyone of my co-workers and myself played a crucial part in every aspect of this important job, keeping the world's correspondence and economy flowing due to our collective hardworking efforts.
Pro érvek
great benefits, great pay, great work enviroment
Kontra érvek
no transfer available for me when i relocated