United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Handler állásra itt: Indianapolis, IN

32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 233 értékelés megtekintése
Good paying job
Good paying job with great benefits and a pension after retirement and they’ll work with you if you have other activities outside of the post office. I enjoyed my time there
Great Job
The Post Office has been very good to me. No complaints here. Pay is great for being unskilled. Work isn't too difficult. Get adequate vacation and sick leave. Earn a nice, early retirement. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, if that's your thing. We are unionized so there is a great deal of job protection. I've always been treated well by management. Overall, a very good job. Happy to be here!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressfull, physically demanding, good pay and benefits
The work environment is very stressfull. The work is physically demanding. If you go in working hard the supervisors will work the you like a horse while the union protects the lazy workers. Company politics is huge and advancement really depends on who you know and what you are willing to do for the position. The hardest part of my day is going to work and the most enjoyable part is going home.
Pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Management incompetency, Permanent damage to my back.
Currently trying to leave
Its pretty horrible. Management sucks. The unions are wishy washy at best. Pay is great if you want to work 7 12s during the holidays and 6 12s before you go regular. Depending on the craft, it could be 1 to 12 years before you get a regular fulltime position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay and job security
In the Branch, the hours were consistant with the window hours. A clerk in a small office may stuggle to get 40 hours, but in a large branch a clerk may stuggle to get a day off.
hours
hours-DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE STATIONED
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Horrible Place Awesome Pay
If you can take bad managers that think their the stuff bc they have a little power and a job that doesn't care about your kids or any situations you have at home then the pay is DEFINITELY worth it. It's like 17.50 an hour on the overnight shift at the warehouse and OT is mandatory. It's exhausting work. Standing on your feet ALL the time for 8-12 hours and lifting heavy plats of mail and packages. You only get 1-2 days off during the work week and during the seasonal times when they are their busiest you work 7 days a week 12 hours a day. It was interfering with my kids and babysitting and I got pregnant which was the worse thing to do working there. THEY DO NOT CARE. They don't want you to miss work and when you do, you get chewed out by the managers.
hours, pay, benefits
Kontra érvek
managers, mandatory overtime, don't care about your other priorities
Mha life
Doesn't seem to care about the employees well being. MANDATED every week for off day You only get one at the plant so if they take it away you're working 7days 12hrs your body is achy you will never see your family and nobody cares that we are tired and our bodies are shutting dwn because of lack of break from working so many days and hours
Having a job
Mandated 7 days every wk
check resume
Good company no life you are always getting mandated not enough help.Being a mailhandler you are the first person to come in contact with the mail . The Mail processing annex processes second class and standard bundles of mail. The facility also processes first class and priority mail.
fast paced work environment
good pay and good benefits. fast paced work environment. a chance to learn different duties. work with mail. work with letters and magazines. Standing job
good pay
Kontra érvek
poor management, stress on your body
ok work enoviroment
working for this job was ok with the pay but as fast wanting to leave work you never had a set time as to when you were getting off or coming to work, work hours change everyday
Munkahelyi kultúra
Liked the challenge of the mail
This was a great place to work except I was the minority. The regulars were also very lazy which put more work on us temps. The fact they had union made it impossible for those workers to get in troulbe or be fired. Very sad situation. Great place to work though.
Pro érvek
Loved the work sorting mail
Kontra érvek
Racism, and temps are abused to do more work due to regulars being lazy and they cant be touched
working
i have to be hard working person. i think the pay was good and i have been trying to go back for months now, but they are not responding.

I would love to have my career position there someday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
This is a great company that help you work for a career or help you be able to figure out what you want in life. Gold people and stable work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast pace and good people
Is a very active place to work, sometimes is too much for the pay. There is people that just pretend to work and let the real responsible one do their job, I don't think they should be paid. Something I really enjoyed was the good people that do their job and still are willing to help you.
work place
The work place at the post office was sort of tough. I was only seasonal help and i did want to be promoted and receive a review but the supervisors were insisting that there were no reviews for anyone. When I went to the plant manager he stated that they were doing reviews. I feel like I was not given a fair chance to become apart of the team full time.
employees
supervisors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and challenging work environment
I've learned a lot in the two years that I have worked for the U.S. Postal Service. A typical day at the my job would be first meeting at the time clock or other designated area to have a plan 5. That is when the Supervisor gives us a brief summary of how much mail is left to be ran or processed after the shift before us leaves for the day. We process first class mail, then standard mail. Occasionally, Supervisors may need one or some of us to work in a different department.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my work history at the postal service I was a casual/temporary, meaning my position got renewed at my anniversary date if I was in good standin
As a casual employee at the postal service you work as a fill-in work someone with permanent status calls in or walks off their work duties. You do not receive any benefits as a casual, and you are the lower spot on the totem pole. The benefit of this position is the experience in a production environment, dbcs machinery, and learning the mail process system.
Pro érvek
experience and learning the mailing process system
no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
its easy work but hard time
I work 12 hours 6-7 days a week. The management and supervisors need severe training. I think the job is ok but they over work the employees. Employees have bad attitudes. There is no life outside of the work place.
money
job
process mail
this postion did not have much room for advancement. Plenty of room for overtime. You got a chance to learn every mail processing department. Dont plan on having any holidays off.
Pro érvek
decent pay, consistant work load
being mandated
productive work place
getting the job done
learning all the different cities and states by zip codes

great managementy

hard working co-workers

love working for the compan
post office experience
I clock in and I'm assigned to work the lanes, I'm told what time to take my lunch if I'm being moved to a different location for the day. After I fufill my duties I go pick up mail or place packages in BMC's or APC's. I learned a lot about where certain pieces of mail go and where it is placed. I was taught how to load and unload trucks. I was taught responsibility, hard work. The management was ok some were meaner than others but, all of my supervisors got along well with me for the most part. My co-workers were good workers for the most part. You had your slackers, workers that went above and beyond, and those who worked just enough to get by. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to having your off day taken away and working for days/weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was some of the relationships I made with the people I was really cool with.
Pro érvek
good pay, opportunity to advance, left early on holidays
Kontra érvek
short lunch breaks, favoritism, gossip, constant threats of being fired in our meetings
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés