United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Handler állásra itt: Columbus, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 726 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced work environment was seniority ruled the day. Not the best place to find a mentor for training but helpful staff. Potential extended hours often.
Work til you drop
Work til you drop
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay was awesome but for the first two weeks I had no idea who my manager was what was my pay location and no one really had a solid answer on who specifically I should be speaking with to find this information out.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This by far was one of the best place i worked for, some days would be a little hateful but others were better. The workplace was very fun just knowing we had to do a job and make it back safe is what was fun
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at USPS has been a disaster. Management is evil! They all stick together. If they don’t like you, they will make your time there hard. The labor as a MHA is extremely hard. Everyone is overworked.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
By far the most rascist towards minorities you will ever be apart of. Poor management. The black managers kiss up to the Caucasian ones by allowing the younger Caucasian workers to do how they please while minorities get yelled at ran around like modern day slaves. They lie to you about codes regulations etc just so they can fire you. They do not provide any safety gear other than gloves no eye protection nor mask for fumes dust etc etc the managers woman and men show favoritism to whoever will sleep with them i would not recommend anyone working here
Munkahelyi kultúra
I disliked working here because they could care less about your home life. They work you 12+ hours a day 6+ days a week. If you’re a casual they’ll call you in on your off day if they want. Constant standing and lifting
Long hours, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love it there until the started changing management and getting people in there that didn't know what they were doing as far as management. It effected everyone
Munkahelyi kultúra
Citygate location was not the greatest. Supervisors were very annoying. The work was honest and the pay was okay. I quit because they refused to change my hours after being there for over a year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay and benefits, however you give up your family life to work there. If you did not have stress or a mental illness they will ensure you have one before you leave!!! Management was HORRIBLE!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very poor management! In one case, I called the sick leave 800 number, received a confirmation number. A supervisor, not even my own supervisor went into the computer and removed my confirmation number and charged me AWOL. Most of the employees were great, however, management was terrible!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very friendly associates faced paced work environment which is ideal. Access for promotions are frequent with equal opportunity for every employee. Great Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a very demanding job you put in a lot of hours and have no outside life so it feels to me and alot of people. The money is good but you are at the bottem of the barrel coming in the postoffice everything is seniority based. It can become real stressful especially having to work every holiday.
Pro érvek
Break every 2 hrs. Good pay.
Kontra érvek
Not getting recognition from management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a floor supervisor for the USPS Flats Sequencing System (FSS), I arrive earlier than my employees and program the FSS's machines for the zip code zones of the mail we will be sorting that day. I then prepare for a service talk that I will give employees that day. If Headquarters’ or the district hasn't issued a mandated talk, I will prepare a local service talk based either upon safety issues or news of note. I'm responsible for coordinating the arrival and sorting of mail, and it's dispatching. I always learn something new each day, if it’s not a new nuance of the FSS, its new idea about how to do things better the next day and that is satisfying to me. FSS management is directly on the floor, but as far as upper management (which controls floor supervision) is at a distance. The workplace culture changes day to day, depending upon the moods and personalities of the craft employees. The hardest part of the job is meeting demanding schedules often with few employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work together as a team to get the mail out on time!
Pro érvek
Excellent pay, especially for overtime.
Kontra érvek
The job is physically demanding and often has long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting incoming and out going mail by postal code. delivering packages throughout the building, fun safe friendly place to work. Diverse group of co workers.
great experience
no healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
If the mail is going through and nobody is getting injured, management could care less. Also I'm pretty sure HR lives on another planet as they swore up and down during orientation that they didn't ship things with lithium ion batteries in them. Well guess what they ship if you cut a deal with them? Cellphones with lithium ion batteries in them.
Pro érvek
You could take your breaks whenever you felt like when the time came. Also got to listen to music
Kontra érvek
Clueless management, seeing how the suasage is made, people getting away with standing around and talking and not working due to lack of supervision.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clock in, start my forklift to load and unload trucks from dock, talk with Supervisor if needed, not really hard, get along with everyone, clock out..
Friendly environment
No adavancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked the night shift 10pm-6:30am. I learned a lot about how the mail gets out to the customers everyday and how hard of a job everyone has to do to insure the mail is delivered. Good management involvement. Great teamwork from the employees. Sometimes staying awake was hard, but if your able to do the lifting and standing all night great job to have. Very physical.
Physically needed
Night hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
except for the mandatory overtime the post office is an excellent place to work at and continue growing to management or a clerk postion.
health insurance
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced. Long hours and great benefits. Learned how to sort mail by zip code and priority. Also learn what packages can not be transported by plane.
Munkahelyi kultúra
overall the people that were not in management positions were a pleasure to work with. Few have become like family to me. Management could use serious training on how to approach people better or find another career.
Pro érvek
people not in management are pleasant to work with.
Kontra érvek
management treated casuals like they were not people, really the morale in that aspect was not impressive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Using the Forklift to transport mail throughout the plant. Processing incoming mail and getting it staged for transport.
Great pay, good benefits