United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Handler állásra itt: Birmingham, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
18 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at the post office was alot of work around the holiday season. some days were slow but mostly we are working and what i like about it is we could work and have fun at the same time that your getting your work done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Plant Operations is definitely where the money is especially for Mail Processing Clerks(PSEs) and Mail Handlers(MHAs). However, management suffer with interpersonal/professional skills. You would have to be head strong and have your own personal career agenda. Currently a worker for the Birmingham Annex facility. Currently seeking a better opportunity within the USPS. Overall great company to work for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very busy, productive, manageable. I learned how our mail is being sent out. the work place is great. I also learned they have more than one mail sorting warehouse one is the annex and one is the main building. They also have a Christmas annex where their casuals help out with packages for the holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working there overall, the only drawback is the fact my shift was overnight. But otherwise it was a pretty decent job with pretty good money to be made.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is stressful to the point where you consider options that could result in you losing your job. The people will also not smile and tell on you bc you're the new person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a fast paced work environment. The mail must be delivered through rain,sleet,or snow and they mean that. they offer paid training and a uniform allowance after 90 day probation period.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a employee at the United States Postal Service, I will honestly say that I haven't experienced a job situation where my work/life balance was almost completely obsolete. The pay and the benefits are great. On paper this would sound great until you have to deal with the unstructured protocols, management timid to make the unionized workers actually work, long hours (10-12) almost daily, as well as working 6 to 7 or even 12 to 13 straight days and possibly getting only one off day, if lucky you'd get two. The pay was good, as well as benefits and security, but not worth the stress of not being able to live as you'll be working all the time, all day.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance, bad structure
Munkahelyi kultúra
a good place to work sorting mail. opportunity to advance. the hardest part of the job is the long hours and a lot of overtime. not enough workers so good workers are worked in excess.
Pro érvek
great benefits, excellent job for a high school graduate.
Kontra érvek
lots of standing and lifting a lot of repetition
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed the work that I did while employed by the United States Postal Service. I presently would not recommend employment to anyone that I am friends with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a government job, therefore management will come off as military. Its a team environment where everyone supports one another.
Pay and experience
Military style management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy may job working at the postal service.I learned how to sort mail ,how to load the belts on the machines that seperates the mail by its zip code.the hardest part of the job is when u have to be moved to a different departments and they need u to learn different things in one day.The best thing is learning zipcodes in the different departments and meeting other people cause its a seasonal job that is for the Christmas holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The easiest part was doing whatever duties that were assigned. The goal was to work together to get the mail to it's final destination, both near and far.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the Postal Service. There are many opportunities to advance. I was promoted in just one year of being with the company. Great benefits and compensation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Seasonal position had long hours but great pay. I would go back to work for the post office if I were called.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed working at every job I have had, it gave me the opportunity to work with the public and meet other people which I love. I learned to accept people for who they are, For the most part I had very good co-workers. The most important and enjoyable part of my job was being able to help someone else. Management had its ups and downs, there was nothing hard about the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consists of loading and unloading trucks of mail using the towmotor forklift&motorised pallet jack separate and sort mail using color codes to show older mail.The hardest part of job is the work hours sometimes i would have 65 overtime hours in 2 weeks.I learn how to work under stressful situations. I enjoyed the benifits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned the process of how the mail is process by class and sent to it final location for delivery. Management need to be consistent and need to be knowledgable as well of how the plant operates. Co-workers are great to work with. I am able to work alone and also as a team, with instruction and I also can take the initiative to start and complete task given. The hardest part of the job is too much overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are doing all you can make sure the customers mail and packages are delivered in a safe and timely manner.
working with co-workers
Kontra érvek
because you are on your feet 8-12hours a day you should have at least 1hr lunch break.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a very demanding, but exciting job. Required on going hard work and focus. There was a lot of manual labor with loading and unloading truck. This people I worked with were very friendly and helpful with the work load. The tough part was the long hours some days with 12 hours and late evening shifts.
Pro érvek
continuous work, always busy, teamwork
Kontra érvek
short breaks, very heavy packages with no mechanical assistance