United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Handler2 769 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 769 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 818 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Started out fine, 6 days a week, 8 - 12 hours a day depending on how much mail was brought in. Job duties were easy but the management attempt at bully tactics were garbage. Seemed like they had a quota to fill of people they had to let go. Constantly threatening you with termination with no reason given. If you have a back bone, they will always try to get rid of you. If you don't have one, don't expect to be around for long.
Its a job
Kontra érvek
Management, no balance, short breaks, constant harassment, no experienced or qualified supervisors. Only protect managers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay poor management a lot of drama cliques and attitudes I worked at MPA very unorganized some employees don’t even do anything and supervisors are very rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm currently stuck in a dead end position
as a MHA because of lazy back stabbing co workers relaying on seniority to get them what they want instead of taking the test and getting a pasting grade. They hope the best for you and try to block you behind your back. Just be careful grumpy old people are the worst.
Pro érvek
lots of work if you want it.
Kontra érvek
non career paths are unpredictable no real benefits until you become regular in 2 to 5 years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is an remarkable company to work for I would definitely recommend this place I started out as a causal worker and evrwry season etc. thangiving
Lots of hours
Short breaks
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The employees are good workers, most are people persons. The work is productive, we have fun, get the mail out in a timely manner. Management is ok.plenty of overtime
Pro érvek
Friendly employees, informative, good insurance
Short breaks. Pay rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
Daily lifting and sorting of packages and letters while also having to work with large post-cons to give to truck drivers. Worked with supervisors and mailmen throughout the day. Fast-paced environment where you will always stay on your feet. Can get stressful if you're the only mail handler in that day and have to send everything out in time especially around the holidays. Enjoyed all the friends and colleagues that were made.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Roles are well defined, work is clear cut, and everyone is moving with a purpose towards a goal. Management, supervisors, and seasoned employees operate as systematic as the tasks they need to carry out and always know the "who, what, when, and where" and how to accomplish it.
Pro érvek
Good pay, flexibility with breaks and lunch, excellent environment, knowledgeable and strong leadership, actual equal opportunity employer and accommodating to needs, fast paced and always something to do
Kontra érvek
Labor intensive, fast pace may be high pressure for some, career growth is unnecessarily complicated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a MHA (Mail Handler Assistant) in Evansville, Indiana, you are treated like GARBAGE. You work 10 to 12 hour days, six days a week. They don't give you breaks. They say that you are responsible for taking your own breaks if you ask or complain about breaks. But loading the APBS line (the conveyor), if no one is sent to relieve you, you can't take a break. They say that at least four people must be loading/sweeping this system but it is usually just two... one loading bins/skids and the other on the dumping side, dumping onto a conveyor and pulling out the large, round, or hazmat parcels. Many times for the first hour of my shift, I was the only one on both sides... loading and sweeping the belt.... and many times I was the only one, total, for the last two hours of my shift when we were still loading after 4AM.
I worked from 7:30 pm to 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 am... I never knew until the day. Most days I got one 15-minute break... and that usually came around 3 or 4 am (after starting at 7:30pm). Some days I got a lunch (30-minutes off the clock) and ONE 15-minute break... but that was rare.

For the first several weeks, I did not have a time card (a credit card type), I was filling out their paper 1260 time cards. I was forced to write in lunches, losing 30 minutes, for lunch periods that I DID NOT receive. Normally, I would not have done this but my sister works there and helped me get the job. I did this about 10 times and then I refused to do it ever again. I started to not put lunch times on the 1260 and marked out those lines and wrote "no lunch". So, after
 - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is terrible. Work mates are cool. Pay should be more. The life is great only if you are fast. If you make a mistake. You will get fired!
Co workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a casual worker for seven years at the post office received 5 letters of appreciation passed all the entrance exams and never would they hire as a permanent staffer.
Pro érvek
Met a lot of good people
Kontra érvek
Not compensated for the out-put of effort.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well this place definitely is a great place to work, excellent pay great benefits a lot of OT

Ppl are friendly and cool SDO and MDO really works hard and show you how to become a better worker smarter worker as well becoming a better person overall

So many hip opportunities
Pay benefits ppl OT
Kontra érvek
This can vary depending on if you are in a facility or plant
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are a lot of snakes here, please if you are resigning a job to work at this office please use a leave of absence. They will find any reason to fire you within your 90 day probation. I've never in all my years seen a workplace that was so insensitive and favoritism. Be careful!
The money THAT'S IT
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management hasn’t got a clue, but in fairness to supervision they have to figure out how to do a 5 man job with 1 person. No excuse. They are rude and figure out what they want so everything you do is wrong!!! They are never satisfied so eventually you just don’t care anymore creating a bad job culture and hostile environment. The pay and benefits are good. management needs to change
Pro érvek
Good benifits if you can last that long
Kontra érvek
Poorest management I’ve ever worked for
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the fact that the job keeps me busy. I was very happy coming into work everyday. They made me feel very welcome. The pay is definitely worth it.
Hours and pay
Kontra érvek
Only worked a seasonal position. Wanted to be permanent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wouldn’t recommend. Great pay but this job isn’t good for you physical body or mental health. The supervisors are disrespectful. They force you to work extra hours. Show favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service is a great company to work for. They paid you didn't they have excellent benefits they are strictly based on seniority. They do believe in second chances and taking care of their employees with a strong union it is very difficult to lose your job.
Horrible management
No breaks

No flexibility

Bad work environment

Hard to get in contact with upper management

Discrimination

Work you like a slave
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job great pay no complaints. 5 weeks vaction 2 days off a week 10 Holidays its great. Overtime after 8 hours 25%more on sundays and night pay 6pm to 6am
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the United States Postal service was great experience. I worked as a mail handler as well as a mail man while I was with the company. I loved working as a mail handler, but wouldn't recommend it to everyone. To be a mail handler you have to love being on your feet and moving around. I have found great appreciation for mail men (CCA). The job is hard with long hours, no clear days off, and many other issues.
Worst supervisors and management
One of supervisors said he applied the job to small stations , first thing he do , call that station and ask you have anybody in mind , if it does , he does not bother to apply (EEO),the unions are corrupted, file grievances and put the award money in their pocket , department of labor are same page As union, worst safety practices everywhere, gets OSHA fine all the time .
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés