United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
2 835 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on where you work management can be a headache, but as long as you get the work done then you’ll be alright. Don’t listen to some of the workers if you have questions ask the supervisor because some workers have bad interest in you or either jealous of you.
Benefits, Diversity
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is hard labor on your body. Currently looking for something more reasonable. As a mail handler assistant, you get treated basically like nothing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Came in has a seasonal MHA. Only stayed long enough to pick up my physical check has I found out the job wasn't for me by my 1st week. When I first got the job I was excited to get a gov job and figured I would work hard to get a chance at a full time schedule. Within my first week I had already started planning my exit strategy due to what I saw. This facility is very large and each area looks exactly the same so it can make it very difficult to navigate and supervisors will expect you to know where you are going.This warehouse wasn't in too bad a shape, but was very dirty given that it was a federal building. Because of it's size there were several break rooms throughout the facility, some with/without fridges. The common denominator they had was that they either had broken water fountains or water fountain that barely worked and all had makeshift tables. During my first day I was told that my supervisor was "strict" and was told by my coworkers that he had a tendency to call you names and micromanage and was told "not to take it personally". Has soon has I heard this it set off some red flags and didn't really like that a federal agency's motto was " too not take it personal" and "get over it".Once I started working loading trucks I thought the job was pretty easy, until I had a 2nd supervisor midway through my shift who would assign me to dispatch containers of mail. While the premise of this job was as simple has pulling out a full container of mail and replacing it with a new one, it was very complicated due to the amount of papers you would have to print and tape to it. - több...
45 minute lunch, benefits
Kontra érvek
Lazy coworkers, nonconsecutive days off, made to work on holidays, rude/useless managment, complicated/overwhelming work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a non career mail handler. It takes 2 years or more to get to a career position with real benefits & better treatment. Supervisors treat you like your nothing. They won't tell you your working overtime for the day until your shift literally ends so never plan anything outside of work. Took them a week after my start date to get my badge to get into the facility & clock in but all other employees who started with me had theirs from day 1. After resigning they kept putting off giving me my final check like I didn't work for it. Finally got it a week and half after everyone else got paid.
Resigning
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balance12 hour days 6 and 7 days a week. You can work 12 to 40 days in a row without a day off. You will work Every holiday. Before and after your shift overtime ( you never know until last minute) You don't know your schedule until the week before so forget about making plans!
Munkahelyi kultúra
First glance, you see everybody working hard on each task, helping one another regardless if you were new or old. Every second mattered while you were there whether it was clocking in, how long you were on lunch or how long you were on on the machines. A big thing that was put into the worker's heads was that we were a family, i.e. if one of us messes up we all mess up. This was easy to see as if one group or person is a little slow on what they are doing or makes a honest mistake it affected the productivity as a whole. Overall within the workplace everyone was different, some supervisors were strict and stern, some were fun and playful, some were a mix of both. Yet they all have the same goal in mind in making sure workers are doing their jobs safely and efficiently so that the mail can get to where it needs. Hardest part of the job really was staying awake as everybody was working 12 hour shifts. This made the most enjoyable part of the job whenever you can any slight break you could whether it be machine slowed down, or waiting for more trucks to come in, you took any second of relaxation you could.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there seasonal. 10-12 hrs 5-6 days aweek. Or no days off. Handling mail , sorting it by each zipcode. No being bugged by the manager or having someone rush you. Work at your own paced. Some people are aggressive but continue to do your job the best way you can at your ability and youll do fine.
Great pay!
Kontra érvek
Not much free time. Very smothering
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get paid well for the work here considering most of the jobs here are entry level though as others stated in past reviews it is really sink or swim environment here even though the jobs are entry level. Be prepared to watch the regulars do the work and ask lots of questions because no supervisors or leads will train you properly how to do the work. Be also prepared to not have a life. There is no work life balance here at the post office. It is either the post office or not. Depending on your craft you will most likely be doing 6 days 10 or 12 hour shifts. The pay is great and you will get some benefits even as non career but be prepared that converting to a regular may take years to do. So if you are an MPA, MHA or whatever you are never guaranteed hours and they can let you go anytime they wish. If you want a career at USPS you are going to have to make some sacrifices and try to make regular. I honestly don't see myself here for more than a year as I do want a more work/life balance. If you are still on the fence I recommend coming in as a casual and see the work then come back as a non career if you really want to pursue.
Pay and benefits
No work life balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good Job, good retirement. Lots of hours but can’t complain. Put in the effort and time and work your way up. Must be competent and willing to learn on the job.
Good Pay
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Could use a completely new team. From corporate to the part time employees. No structure, no compassion or empathy. One of the absolute worst places to work
Good pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
You basically start out working as a temp. The regular employees constantly take off and you are there to cover them. Managers favor certain people. No benefits. No sanitizing anything even while people are contacting covid. Working long hours with one day off at a low pay rate. Work every holiday and every weekend. Working ergonomically doesn't happen and there are dangerous set ups resulting in injuries. No training on anything! Last break is not allowed till all work is complete.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent pay not a terrible place to work depending on your lifestyle. Short lunches and breaks ..hours suck starting out ..good benefits a good place to work if you have a family to take care of but hours may conflict with family time
Pay
Kontra érvek
Hours bad equipment questionable mgmt
Munkahelyi kultúra
Theyll take 2 years to make you a regular employee and then ship you off to another location across town for 8 months and then try to ship you right back!
Money, benefits, OT bonuses
Kontra érvek
Disrespect, seniority system, horrible management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job but back breaking work. Long hours (6 days a week 12 hr shifts). Short breaks. Management was terrible. Work culture was decent. People who worked there made it fun at times. Ok pay. Time and a half after 8 hours everyday for MHA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management at this place is the worst I have ever seen. They are of no help when you have a problem. You work 6 days a week, only 1 off day, your life will only consist of the post office. The pay and befits are decent, your coworkers are also good people. This job is for someone young with no responsibilities outside of work. The actuall job, like the sorting of the mail etc is not difficult, it’s the management that makes it difficult.
Pay, benefits
Kontra érvek
Work life balance, poor management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
they'll overwork you as the workers with more seniority do less work, no training. Have you Unloading things outta your weight limit, getting help from people on the equipment is a hassle.. everyone always bring their personal issues to work and take it out on the employees
reasonable pay
Kontra érvek
working hard for little pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you are ready to absolutely drain your mental health for this place, go for it but otherwise. this place is physically/mentally exhausting. MHAs / Mail Handler Assistants, are over worked and sometimes it really just isn’t worth it. They take advantage of everyone and there are rules or regulations constantly being broken or not followed. Safety protocols are not followed half the time.
money
depression
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have work for the postal service several times in my life and its a job. Its all what you make of it. This job is a very physical job. Your body will constantly be sore and you have to prepare mentally everyday to deal with rude management. You will get more respect as a career employee. They will slave you as a MHA, PSE, CCA. NO HOME LIFE and it will be hard to work here with young kids. Need cleaner plant/stations and alot of equipment is very outdated.
Pro érvek
Can become a career employee, move around with usps
Kontra érvek
Better management, stressful atmosphere, need cleaner atmosphere especially during covid, new machines, new locker room and cleaner bathrooms
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours here are long and will be required to stay 12hr days no questions asked if just starting out. The more you do, the more management expects of you. Full time regulars will stand around with a thumb up where the sun don't shine and will watch you do all the work for them. If you can kiss everyone's butt you will get somewhere here no problem!
Pro érvek
Benefits as regular are good.
Poor Management, Favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most annoying part of the job i MANAGEMENT They big on the favoritism. I use to wanna work at the post office so bad until about a good year in! Now I hate it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My days where to hurry and wait situations. At the job site wait for the work. To be informed on real information, you will see it on the news before informed at work. The hardest part of the job is management dividing the workers. As in every work place divisions happens, but USPS create them.
pay is good