United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Jamaica, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
10 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 755 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
....as a new employee, they will overwork you. Just hang in there. The longer you stay, the more familiar youll get with routes, time and patience....
Great pay & overtime
Kontra érvek
Most Management is your enemy, join the union, dnt expect weekends off
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working there honestly. I was losing a lot of weight walking around nyc and the work is challenging but in a good way. When you’re casing the mail it can be a bit frantic but you get better over time. When you’re on the route, you’re by yourself so the pace is up to you. Just don’t take advantage because you will get fired for coming back late too often.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is just terrible. Will not accommodate you by any costs. They do not care about you, they care only about the mail. If you get injured, it is on you. If you have to call out for an emergency, write up. If you are sick, write up. They do not care.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After a two week period, [1 week of classroom training, 2 days of drivers qualification and 3 days of training one on one they stress you to be able to do sometimes the impossible, at that particular time. Even when you feel some progress they make it seems like it's not good enough.
Pro érvek
Good for young adults with no other job experience, good starting salary.
Kontra érvek
Stressful, very physical which is why I took it, not an permanent postion for anywhere from 1-3 years
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place to work, not too many days off. You have to get used to the way things are set up, if you don't then you will get lost in the shuffle. Just pay attention to what is going on and you will be fine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job requires a lot out of you for little in return. You have to have good mental strength to get through. You have to be able to adapt to whatever is thrown at you on a daily basis.
overtime
Kontra érvek
No personal life, very tiring
Munkahelyi kultúra
people order too much packages and too much junk mail with the regular mail which makes it harder to finish on time. the supervisors mistreat you, plus they use you as floater and send you everywhere(different stations) and you are not familiar with the area and find yourself bringing back mail late at night when its dark its beyond stressful .
good exercise
mistreating employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having a job with the post office is very challenging physically. It is very hard on the body with having to walk long distances. Especially with the continuous changing weather
Good money
Very hard work
Munkahelyi kultúra
1) A typical day included preparing my assigned route properly, and in a time efficient manner. Then loading my vehicle and proceeding to my section of town and delivering the route.2) What I have learned is about work efficiencies, time standards and most of all, customer service.3) Management is currently in a quandry due to Congress passing the PAEA which mandates that the Postal Service pay $5.5 billion into a reserve acccount for employees not even hired yt. Many have called this a naked political attack on the Service to make it go into default to privatize it.4) My co-workers are far and away the most vocationally driven group of people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Their exemplary efforts to prevail with the core mission is heart warming and professional. I would hope to work with a group such as this in the future.5) The hardest part of the job in the last few years has been conflicting orders and policies from upper management that have reduced staffing to the point where the regular workforce is working 8 to 14 hours a day on an everyday basis. Due to the duration of these policies the morale and "gung ho" of the workforce has been depleted and the efficiency and productivity been reduced substantially.6) The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to help each other out and when we are able to resolve customer issues ourselves, or contribute towards that end.
Pro érvek
vocational attitudes toward the job, and talking to customers in the street that appreciate our dedication.
Kontra érvek
political interference that contributes to disharmony
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very strenuous and labor intensive with little to no benefits for incoming employees. The USPS is going through hard economic times and their hiring practices and policies are truly suffering.