United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Indianapolis, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier21 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Indianapolis, IN21 értékelés
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 638 értékelés megtekintése
Great for outdoor enthusiasts
You spend 8 hours or more outside delivering mail. It is great exercise if you are up for it. Everyone likes the mail delivery person except dogs. The weather can cause problems.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to be single with no kids to work there
The pay is cool for this job, but if you have family, you will not have time to spend with them due to constantly worked. I worked here for 3 months and only received 3 days off
Munkahelyi kultúra
Monotonous career for great benefits
Your "trial" period as a replacement carrier can be very demanding. As an RCA or CCA, you'll be working a lot of hours covering routes in extreme weather conditions. If you stick with it and become regular, the benefits are great.
Slow paced
The job was very slow being I was outside all day for 10 hours or so. The bad weather days seem even longer and more exhausting. This job also kept me physically fit and on my toes.
I loved carrying mail
While the elements can make carrying mail difficult, I really enjoyed being outside, walking 15 miles plus per day. The way the station can be run can be frustrating and difficult depending on where you are stationed. And as City Carrier Assistant you get one day off a week most of the year, and around the holidays you most likely will work everyday for months at a time.
Compensation, sunshine, exercise
Kontra érvek
weather, dogs, unfamiliar routes, spiders
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Carrier
I worked for the post office for a little over six months. I believe the job is fun.The manager that schedule you for the week is very disrespectful and make you fe very uncomfortable. He would cut your hours if you said something he didnt like.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
Poor managememt, poor hours, no time off
work average of 40 hours a week
leadership and instruction

hard work

self motivation

enjoyed working with my customers

hours are good for family

it is a great entry level paying position
hours, working outdoors
working every Saturday
Good Money bad life
Work you to death and don't care about your family life. Very bad communication, and unrealistic expectations. If your a good worker they will run you until you quit or get injured on the job and then they can fire you and not have to worry about making you a career employee.
Money
Working 70+ hours a week with no option
Hard working days
Delivering mail in good neighborhoods, got done and could go home. Some days light some heavy. Depending on weather as well. Over all okay as a occupation.
Productive and out going
Only advice I can give is make sure when working for the USPS is that you are on your Ps and Qs. Move fast or management will let u go. They start off at 17.42 an hr but at the end of the year you have to pay irs bc they do not take any state or fed taxes out of checks
Pro érvek
Free lunches, out going, awesome pay
Kontra érvek
Poor managment skills, expect too much from new employees, drama
Usps
Work at 8-9am every day of the week, sunday at 10am. on a typical morning as a CCA you will case multiple routes, carry multiple routes of mail and often have to help others out. i learned to have great responsibilities and time management. the management was great to me. the hardest part of your job is having to meet a quote when they put so much mail on you to deliver. the most enjoyable part is going on the street by yourself all day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work and plenty of hours
It's a hard job with long hours and usually only 1 day off. You will definitely make plenty of money to be made at USPS if you are willing to put in the work.
Good place to work.
This was a good place to work. There was always extras hours for you to work overtime when you needed extra money. The only down side was the new contracts pay rates.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a social life...beware
I came into the Post Office as a letter carrier with so much ambition and determination to do and be the best that I can be. To my surprise, I had to work random hours filled strenuous situations on the street and in the office. The pay does not compensate for the amount of stress that this job will cause and the time away from family and friends.
no chance of lay-off
Delivering mail
A typical at the Postal Service can be pretty hectic but overall it is a good job for some people. It can be very mentally challenged and sometime stressful.
Pro érvek
Dont have management over your shoulder
The Wheather
A typical day at the Post Office
A typical day at the Post Office would be to come in, Case my route and heading out on the streets. Normally I walk 10-12 miles a day depending on the weather. My co-workers overall is pretty sweet and don't mind helping me. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
Benefits, and breaks
Management, Weather, dogs
Productive and descent job
The job pays well and its a descent place to work. I'm just looking for a set schedule job and to have a guarantee forty hours a week. A typical day is sorting /casing mail to be ready to deliver to customers. I learned how to deal more with the public in bad situations as well ads good. My co-workers are fun and I enjoy working with them. The hardest work at my job is the daily physical work that may cause body problems down the line. Most enjoyable is interacting with the customers and talking with them.
Pro érvek
I work during the day hours
Kontra érvek
Never know when I get off of work
Benifits
Fast paste work environment, great benefits, job security and great pay.
Great working place
My day would begin by setting up my work station, collecting all the mail and parcels for the day and setting things up for house to house delivery on the street. Before going to my route I would pick up all accountable mail for the day, once on my route I would either collect postage due or obtain signatures for the items that I was accountable for. At the end of the day I would dump all collection mail get cleared for all mail I had signed for turn in my collection keys and get set for the next day. I have learned that hard work pays off and working together with my co-workers helps every one out including management this makes a better team. The hardest part of my job was weather. the most enjoyable would be my customers , helping my customers with any question they might have about the postal service ,are just lending a friendly ear my customers where like family.
busy
Honestly it was over all a busy mess. No one wanted to help train or help a new employee understand anything.
Work you have to love.
I delivered mail through all possible weather conditions to all residents and all businesses. I loved my co-workers no matter where I was officially stationed to work. If you listened everyone could teach you something no matter your background and experience.
Pro érvek
this job transfers anywhere in the united states.
Kontra érvek
no job security no matter your part-time or full-time.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés