United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Fort Worth, TX

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier20 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Fort Worth, TX20 értékelés
20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 314 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
this job is very demanding and stressful. On call, as an RCA- you do not have a personal life. The job as of 2019 starts off at $18.19/ hr. I have enjoyed my time here but it has its ups and downs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work 6 days a week. So make sure you have a very strong support system. No one cares about you life or schedule. Not a great job if you have children that you care for alone.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a letter carrier you will start out on the hardest routes will be mostly walking. You don’t get uniform allowance until after 90 days probation, other than ID badge the only thing you will have that identifies you as a postal worker is the mail bag they give you, so your walking up on people’s property at night. Managers and supervisors have no people skills, any issues outside of keeping up with your time and herding you in and out like cattle they are clueless on. USPS is very dysfunctional nothing like you expect you start out as a temp with no consistent schedule and no idea what station you will be sent to, and if you get injured they will try force you to work through your injuries or resign. I had a heat stroke on the job was hospitalized for seven days, when I was released I went to my home station my manager said the night supervisor didn’t write up a report of the incident, and was hoping that I had died so they didn’t have to deal with it. If you have other options go with that they even have you jumping through hoops before you ever receive a paycheck. Managers will clock you out if you don’t make it back to the station by a certain time, if you don’t keep up with your hours they will screw you out of your overtime. The union isn’t what it use to be so don’t expect them to help you, don’t sign up for them to take union fees out of your check takes an act of Congress to stop them from taking out of your check.
Too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the job very much it was just temporary though. Great people great management, Great benefits great pay if It was a career I’ll take it.I recommend anyone to this job
Great pay great benefits
30 minute lunch break
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall i enjoy doung what i do. The USPS has a vast variety of positions. And placements available for many. I. Was a contracted employee .then a casual. Thena Transitional employee to the a c.c.a. finally converting to regular after 7 years of service. I enjoy being outdoors. And delivering to my customers. I hope to finish my career with this company.and would highly recommend it to any.!!
Great pay and benefits
Incliment weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced working conditions each day which dictated the time you may get off. Learned how to interact with various cultures and management types. Mostly positive workplace with weather conditions dictating how hard or fun it was.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the tasks/process of the position may remain the same...each day is different! You grind-in the outside elements, deliver the mail safely, securely, and efficiently all while maintaining a positive-customer repor.
a highly respected profession
poor work-life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job was a temporary assignment without any benefits; Job did not match education and career goals. Nor did wages exactly match the hard labor and duties that were required such as,

heavy lifting, bending, driving, and other random duties.
no comments
no comments
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work as a letter carrier can be very stressful and physical. You have to walk long hours daily and it can be overbearing sometimes especially in Texas because it's either extremely hot or cold. There's lots of climbing, lifting and bending down and this can put a lot of strain and pressure on your back and knees. The hazards are extremely dangerous with dogs, holes or ditches, water hoses in people's yards and rude people who may get angry if they don't get expected mail. The management teams are not sympathetic at all, even those who were previous letter carriers and knows what it's like. There's rarely any appreciation for the hard work that we do and lots of criticism. Our jobs are constantly on the line and there's no room or understanding for mistakes. It's just really crazy in this craft. However, the benefits in the Postal Service are really good. If I were to recommend someone to this company I will suggest going into a different craft, definitely not carrying mail. If you deliver mail long enough you will eventually have to have at least one surgery.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
strenous activity; no appreciation for hard work
Munkahelyi kultúra
carried and delivered mail and packages worked with residents and other postal customers usually start about 630am and when finished still get paid for full days work minimum benefits
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Physically demanding.Walking 15 miles or more 6 days a week in all weather conditions. Working Sundays. Poor communication from supervisors. Disregarding of school schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great job if you do not have kids or a family. IT is a very strenous job that takes a lot out of you and it is mentally and physically draining. The pay and overtime is great.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Training program was great until thrown in with veteran mail carrier. The carrier had no regard for helping trainee merge into the system. It was go fast with no morning break and 2PM lunch. Trainee could barely walk the next day. There would be no way for a newbie to survive such on-the-job training.
The new program would teach skills before being thrown in with carrier.
Cool shorts
Kontra érvek
Not for the out of shape...
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Delivering mail from house to house, dealing with customers on a day to day basis. Trained on how to drive a postal car and do collections from mail boxes. Keeping up with all the other mail carries on a day to day level. Having the freedom to learn all aspects of delivering mail.
Great atmosphere
Partime
Munkahelyi kultúra
For a new letter carrier you are labeled a PTF which means Part Time Flexible. You may have to work 12 hour days for 6 days. In whatever temperature. I felt as I were treated like a robot versus a human being.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a fair days pay for a fair days work there is opportunity for advancement management gives you the tools you need to perform your dail duties its a friendly family environment some days are long the best thing is keeping your customers happy
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day delivering mail.
How to handle pets.

Management was good.

Co-worker were good. Usually worked alone.

Dealing with weather changes.

Ending my work day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
• Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
• Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery by himself or a substitute along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.

• Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.

• Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.

• Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.

• Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and c.o.d. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of receipts taken.

Working for the Goverment
Kontra érvek
heat exhaustion, no lunches are breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
hardworkers, amazing skills and great customers on routes. fast advancment oppertunities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I delivered and picked up mail to residential and business addresses, on a foot route. In the mornings, we sorted the mail, to get it into delivery order, and processed mail to be forwarded to other addresses.
good pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
working outside on a foot route in bad weather can be challenging---epecially, keeping the mail dry in heavy rain.