United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Columbus, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
49 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 734 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job wasn’t for me because it incorporated a lot of walking in all types of weather and sometimes working in the dark. Furthermore, the job has no benefits such as holiday pay until employees are made full regular appointed mail carriers. The pay was outstanding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Despite the good and the bad aspect of the job, the company always has your back. Beware of wild animals and dogs as you would encounter problem with these, especially dogs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wish I could go back to the Post Office as a clerk not a carrier can't have to much heavy bags on my left shoulder. It a great place to work and learn different odd jobs working there. My favorite was a mail carrier. You are basely on your own dealing with the resident on all sides of the town. Some residents are friendly others aren't. Just do your best and you can move up in the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love delivering excellent customer service to everyone on my route but when it comes to the work environment, it sucks. Even if your doing your job right, you still get yelled at by management. Not all managers at the post office are rude and lack sympathy but most of them are. Besides the benefits and the pay, this jobs is for people that enjoy having no life and don't a family.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pros would be the great benefits but the management sucked and lied a lot. I couldn't trust them or most of my co workers. Everyone was out for self. Management had no compassion and most of the time were not friendly. They expected you to have no life outside of work and if u had kids forget about it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office makes sure pieces of mail and packages are delivered to millions around the United States. The City Carrier, or CCA, is an assistant for the regular carriers that have an assigned route. Coming in a carrying a route for a particular station and carrier and making sure that all of the mail on assigned route is correctly distributed. However, you do not have your own route that you can learn until you make regular, which can take 6 month to years. Until then, you bounce from station to station picking up routes that regular carriers cant carry due to vacation injury, or advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work and stay with for a career if you like people you can survive ; the difference of area where you live dictate your career weather is a big factor in longevity with the organization
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will make excellent money, but you will earn every bit of it!! Must be professional, safe, courteous, employee willing to take direction and provide positive suggestions to improve the service and name of the United States Postal Service. Lots of patience is required to have a successful career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is definitely not for a family person. If you have a family, kids, pets or anybody that needs your attention you have to do a major sacrifice before you could do a 8 hour day. It took me 1 year and a half. I was considered a cca or city carrier associate. I worked everyday until the big boss noticed I worked too many days and called the manager and told them. In the month of December you work no days off. The checks are good but you have no life at all to spend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Try to keep a positive mind set ... Because things can get rough. It can be a very good job to have... Decent career good exercise , and it is nice to put a smile on the consumers face.
Munkahelyi kultúra
walk any where from 9 to 15 miles a day, always rushed to get the job done and no gratitude for the hard work that you do . i would say over all love the job but looking to move on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is not for anyone who is unwilling to commit to a hard days work. It can be frustrating at many times for a wide variety of reasons. If you’re willing to push yourself though, it can be very fulfilling.
Good money and exercise
Heavy time commitment
Munkahelyi kultúra
disrespectful management no one care about your life nor health and if you are hurt they will terminate you or fire you and replace you with other people. got hurt and lost the job 5 days from my 90 days and the union is not worth anything and the vice president is no help either an the post master is not worth anything all they do is collect and sit around getting paid and collecting there time before retirement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the pay is great, the work environment is absolutely horrible. Bulling, harassment, favoritism, and discrimination is real. If your not in the "in" crowd you will not get any help. Especially with management, and don't think about asking them to help,show, or give you tips on anything. I seen for my own eyes how they will talk to you like your nothing and your best is never good enough. This is the absolute worst place to work. The military was more respectful than them. I will NEVER refer anyone to work for them.
Pay
Management disrespectful bullying
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't apply for this job unless you can handle being told you will be fire all the time as a new person. lied to by management & regulars on the daily bases. I regret ever taking this job & looking to get a new one.
Pay
Kontra érvek
lose of time with family and hobbies
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay was sweet. Was making $17.79/hour at the end, however, no dental, life, medical,or retirement until you were made a career employee. That could take anywhere from 12-24 months. The hours were absolutely horrendous. In the contract with the union, it said we were never supposed to work more than a 12 hour shift and a 72 hour week. I regularly broke both of those. You can't say "no". You get more work if you finish you assignments early so there's no incentive to be quick or efficient. The management constantly changed so it was hard to develop relationships with them and trust them. Tools were not available, vehicles were outdated, and the system is handicapped by outdated laws and regulations from Congress.
gave me financial freedom
Kontra érvek
no time for anything except work
Munkahelyi kultúra
its basically boot camp. i was walking 10+ miles a day carrying over 50 lbs at most times and packages as well in all weather conditions. i was attacked by a dog. sprained my ankle while in my probationary period which led to my termination even though i continued to work on it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working for USPS you are basically getting paid to work out. You are paid to be outside, walk or drive miles on end. You can have numerous customer interactions or none at all. The job is great end game career.
Yearly Raises, All the benefits
Dealing with bad weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is you will have a meeting in the morning, then go set up and case your roue. once you do that you will go onto the street and deliver your mail and packages you received for that day
Munkahelyi kultúra
They provide you with proper training to complete the tasks that you are given. It is a union job that is why the pay is higher but also be ready to pay your dues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job was horrible, to say the least. Not only were there no GPS but you had to find the address on your own. Lastly, everybody made fun of me and my age.