United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Brooklyn, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier85 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Brooklyn, NY85 értékelés
85 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 868 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
...if not, then best of luck. I was at Ozone Park in Brooklyn, new york. Easily one of the worst stations ever managed. The routes were long and terrible, and the flow was heavy, thanks to Amazon mostly. It came to a point where the mail and packages just wouldn't slow down! As if it was Christmas all year long! And lemme not get started on the managers who underestimate the severity of the situation. They came and went. One was a miserable short lady, who was highly disrespectful to her carriers and clerks.

Oh, and the carriers would come and go. That came to a point where we didn't have enough manpower for the routes! So one bang out was enough to nearly double other routes! Sheesh...
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay doesnt necessarily compensate for how hard they truly work you. If you have children this is not the job for you because they could care less about them. The work day is between 8 - 12 hours, no more and no less so be prepared to be TIRED. The work is also nonstop, and the work day can start at 6 or 7 am and end between 6 and 8 pm or even later on the holidays. With all the hours that you work the money does pay off and you take home between 1000 and up to 2000 every 2 weeks.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
To be honest this was a very stressful environment, and they were not concerned about the welfare of the employees. We would work 7 days straight with no day off. They made a big deal if you called out, even if it was for an emergency. The pay is not worth the toxic job culture.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a very demanding job because the volume of mailed differ from day to day. also its a very physical and mental job dealing with weather. other than that the customers made the job bearable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours, excessive walking, and management expect more from you and never satisfied. The only good thing I can say is that we no longer have too many parcels to deliver as before.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending where you are located this job can be very demanding to start off, 6 day maybe 7 day work weeks, long hours, no time for yourself. There’s a reason why we have a high retention rate. But if you don’t care about having a social life & don’t have a family then go ahead you will get paid just keep track of your hours there are “mistakes”.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the hiring process was very long it was well worth the wait. The benefits and pay scale is awesome but Management staff’s attitude make it very difficult to respect the hire ups. I loved going out and walking my route and talking to my customers and other residents in the community. I had to retire early due to chronic pain from R.A

.would.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned that, It is not a job. It is joining a family. Once a postal worker always a postal worker. Our army! The hardest yet enjoyable part of the job will be watching the older workers making it within the given time limit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you can ake it past 3 months your good!
Yes like every job you have problems but the pay is awesome the job is hard! Very hard but you will lose weight if your carrier or pse
Munkahelyi kultúra
Set up a route and deliver mail six days a week on route. Deliver packages and mail to businesses and people in towns, cities, and rural areas. Collect money for postage-due and COD (cash-on-delivery) fees and obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail. Arrange mail in delivery sequence.
Munkahelyi kultúra
We are expected to work 12 to 14 hours a day and 6 days a week, sometimes even up to 13 days. Management talks to you like your a child and are very rude. The work load at some station are very overwhelming. They don't care about how you feel they just want you to work no matter what.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This isn’t a boring job, it will surely keep you going. You will be thankful for your breaks. Jobs like this are good, keeps you active. There’s never a dull moment at the USPS. Jus be aware that everyday is a different type of faced paced moment. The routine isn’t sitting around the routine is like the motto of the postal service “ the mail never stops”.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will become a slave to mail and parcels. They don't care about you they only care about numbers. You should expect to be a zombie that has no free time. you will not be able to spend time with children, significant others, or family. You only make money from overtime. Management isn't qualified they just have seniority. I suggest you run unless you have no one at all in your life and you live under a rock. You aren't guaranteed a day off and can be worked all 360 days in a row without any days off. I worked 29 days straight without a day off. I was sick with a stomach virus and I had to come to work throwing up & having diarrhea to work a 12 hour day. There is no such thing as sick days. They will work you until you die and then replace you the second you collapse. You can be fired for anything from dog bites to delivering in an unfamiliar area too late. I had deaths in my family and was not given any time to attend services or to grieve. The union doesn't help you at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the P O for 33 years and the job has changed. Unqualified bosses and they treat the employees very bad. The starting pay for new employees is half of what it use to be and they work you like a prisoner of war. The people work for free almost every day for at least an hour a day. Go work at starbucks, its much better and almost the same pay,,
Munkahelyi kultúra
One has to love working hard and hustle for what they want in life. It's not an easy task job, but it allows you to be independent and to live. The most important and interesting part of my job is pleasing my customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a great place to work and earn a good living. When you work there you will be expected to work hard and not just sit around. It’s a good place to earn money and meet great people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It pays the bills I must say but the pay could be very much more especially being a carrier they do majority of the work, in sleet snow and rain possibly a tornado to ,if you are looking to work a lot of hours this is you place to go to and the overtime is great as well. Oh and they really don’t care about you or your feelings!
Overtime
Kontra érvek
Pay, management, unorganized, being treated as a robot
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Thrift savings match, 26 days vacation after 15 years of service and 13 days sick leave per year and able to rollover.
I found myself getting real in tune with the job and overtime was the best part $25 overtime during holidays. I was taking care of the bills and rent.
free mailing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is good but hours are crazy.its not for a person who had family and small kids. 12 hrs a day .one day of or no day of at all.depends on where u go managers are great.but for me not so much.you are push to finish work, or get threatened with letter of removal.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The letter carrier position is the most stressful position if you ask me. If you have a family at home, be prepared to rarely see them. Especially your 1st year of employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
everyday your manager would cruse out the mail carriers depending on what problems may have transpired the day before. In addition the verbal abuse done during throughout the days work was completely demeaning and degrading. Assistance was rarely given if a mail carrier experienced difficulty with delivering the mail. Complete disregard for mail carrier safety (ie. shoot outs you still had to deliver mail. Some homes front doors would not be able to unlock except from the outside so they cold lock from the inside and leave the mail carrier trapped.)
good money
Kontra érvek
verbal cruse outs by manager, safety compromised, weather conditions
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés