United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service cég munkavállalói értékelései a Mail Carrier állásra itt: Akron, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
18 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Initial training was good. Poor direction from management once on site. Poor flexibility with hours. Low employee satisfaction low desire for team work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a very hard worker, dependable and eager to learn. Going into this position I had an understanding that it would be a tough job. My efforts were not appreciated and I was not given a fair opportunity to grow due to time of the year (Christmas) and every day given something new and expected to make the times of a seasoned carrier. This was the first time in my life I was made to feel like I wasn't doing a good job. I have always excelled and been of service to others. USPS does not value their employees.
Kontra érvek
no time to even use the restroom!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a hard job if the job is not for you. Long hours, stressful at times, as my opinion a very disorganized organization. Working in all types of weather. They really make you work for the money.
Money
Not making regular for at least 2yrs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work/home balance is not that great because I work almost 100 hrs. every two weeks. Dogs are a major issue delivering mail. The work schedule is inconsistent because it is rarely completed for the week and if is completed it changes often (i.e. having to work on scheduled off days).
Customer interactions, working outside
Kontra érvek
Work/home balance, inconsistent scheduling, dogs, and management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work but they required you to take a postal test I took many postal test and work 15years as a postal clerk and carrier and never given a postal career job worked full-time hours and was laid off. but still good place to work but sometime unfair with job placement. hardest part of job was working long hours in bad weather conditions being chased by dogs on your route. But enjoyed walking each day keep you in shape.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible job in the Heat, carriers have died from Heat Stroke. I myself had an incident. Also bad in the winter. I fell down and slipped 5 times one day in the winter with the snow. I have tons of anxiety with this job and stress. Management try to get you to do 9 hours of work in 8 hours and push you hard, your body will ache.
good benefits
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
you work eight to ten hours, five to six days a week, the job is much harder then people think, but is rewarding, management makes the job harder then what it is,, the workplace can get out of hand at time with all the last minute changes,,, the pounding your feet takes walking and the dogs. Some of you customer are some of the people you can meetge
Pro érvek
meeting good people on you route
Kontra érvek
getting chase my dogs, and the unfriendly customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don't like to walk basically run this job is not for you. If you dnt have baggy clothes but have a nice figure don't apply for firestone station.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked 7 days a week and was shipped from office to office. The management is horrible and no benefits. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was the money was good
Money
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not enjoy working there at all there was no help with training they just put you on a route with a map and said go for it. Your fellow carriers were in such a hurry to get in and out they acted as if you were invisible. Some days I would get there at 5:00am and leave at 7:30pm. The money was good but no time to enjoy.
Good money
Long hours to start
Munkahelyi kultúra
Going into the job you would think that it is easy. This is not the case, you have to take in to consideration miles of walking and being subject to the elements day in and day out. As well as dogs, accidents, people in general, and safety hazards all over.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office is really hard work when you are not in shape. The people are friendly and are very helpful when you are new. The Pay is Wonderful an the job security is the best.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first got this job I was pretty excited seeing as though how hard and how long it takes to get in there. Classroom training was about a week or so lo g and was very informative yet boring. But then afterwards then send you to your home station and you do on thr job training from then on. The first day was rough and just consisted of following a regular employee around on their route and she was "training me" showing the how's of the job. When it came to me getting my own route to carry, which was 3 days later, I still felt like I didn't know anything. Management is terrible and lack basic communication skills and pretty much think you're supposed to run to finish on time and that's not how we're supposed to do according to in class training. The hours you work are bogus, because you'll ONLY get paid for the time you're actually delivering mail and not the time you get to your station in the am or three time you leave finishing up station work. The supposed "schedule" I saw online was 8am to 4pm but that was also bogus, you won't know your schedule until you come in and then get ready to leave that same day. You don't accrue any retirement, benefits, or vacation etc until after your first 90 days and they'll work you like a dog with a 3-4 hour shift and then throw out 2-3 hours in mandatory OT. CCAs are treated like trash and there's no guarantee that you'll make regular unless your station is big and has a bunch of routes available or you'll have to wait until someone gets sick, retires, dies, or quit and it could take you anywhere from 2-6 years to actually make regular. - több...
Pay
Kontra érvek
Not knowing schedule, waiting to long to become regular, treament of the CCAs, management, and misleading job application
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management had a difficult task due to the reduction in force. and completing the task with fewer workers. The co-workers were excellent in assisting and training of new employees. The hardest part of the job was the learning curve was 30 days instead of 90 days. The most enjoyable was the appreciation of the customers. I learned that United Postal Service is an excellent opportunity,because the benefits are outstanding and advancement throughout the United States.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Short learning curve
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great career for laborer who can get in "career" status. It has become harder to get a career position. Management is not recommended.
pay and benefits
pressure work enviornment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I personally just don't see my self doing this job for years to come I'm still young and I believe I can still explore my options on other jobs that I may like.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pro Paid every two weeks. 40 hours a week plus OT. Con Management can be clueless and bullies. $0 hrs. is going to be closer to 50-60 hrs. Moving fast gets you more unnecessary work. Slow down and you get chewed out about how "slow" your going. Finally. Don't expect to get much time off or have a life.
Decent pay, Hours