United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

6 191 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 20 124 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
More work than its worth
City Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Park Hills, MO2019, április 22.
This job is great if you like being by yourself all the time. No one is there breathing down your neck all day so thats nice. On the other hand you are being tracked by gps all day long and are expected to move very fast all day. Most times management wants you to deliver faster than what is safe so that you can deliver extra mail. Basically nothing is good enough. Its good pay if you can put up with the drama. Also walking around 8-10 miles a day is fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great social place, management creates poor atomosphere
Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norridge, IL2019, április 22.
While the USPS is a great company, it’s very physically demanding. I love being outside and interacting with customers, but I also want to take care of my body and make sure that I’m able to work for many many many more years to come.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work life balance and better customer relations training
CCA- City Carrier Assistant/Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN2019, április 22.
.............................................. .......................................................................................................... Work environment can be a warzone management/carrier's....you are assigned a union steward as an attorney. It has become a culture of us vs. them mentality...as postal alumni we must come together to first take care of us before we can take care of the customer and communities we so promisingly serve.
Job security/benefits
Kontra érvek
Hard work/ pressure management/ unorganized
I would NEVER refer anyone
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2019, április 22.
This is the worst job I've ever worked! I would leave it there but since I'm required to write a certain amount of words I'll say again, This is the worst!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The more work you do you then have to go and help the other employees who work slower than you.
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Township of Howell, NJ2019, április 22.
If you did not wake up and want to be a mailman...this is not the job for you...my dad and grandmother told me what a great place it was...but, it was not what I wanted to do and I got caught up .
Fast Paced work enviornment
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA 152182019, április 22.
It takes a key individual to work for a USPS mailcarrier. It is either you have what it takes or you don't. The USPS mailcarrier environment as a Assistant Carrier is a fast past environment. This environment is also bracketed on a close nit time frame. You must be highly organized, be willing to walk 12 plus miles daily, be willing to lift heavy loads, carry 35ibs in your satchel, have to be thorough and knowledgeable with Pittsburgh routes and streets. Also you must have thick skin with dealing with some supervisors and managers. You can make it if you are willing to have a "I won't quit" attitude. It is a challenge. Some catch on faster than others
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office was a nice place to work.
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cincinnati, OH2019, április 22.
My coworkers were nice and welcoming but was not really wanting to deal with another person to train. The management encouraged me to resign at only my first week because the workload was too much for me to handle. I felt that I wasn't really given a chance to get the hang of the route.
Not for everyone
City Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Northumberland, PA2019, április 22.
I worked here for 10 years. I had to leave for several reasons, one being medical and the other being due to bad management.
First of all, the pros:
The pay is awesome. If I did and struggling while I was here, it was my fault.
The exercise is awesome. I walked between 8-10 miles a day, up and down hills and in snow and other bad weather. While i worked there I could and did eat an entire medium stromboli in one sitting, sometimes a few a week, and didn't gain a pound. After I left I gained about 50lbs (I've lost it since then, but thank you for the concern).
Some of the customers are really awesome.

Now the cons:
The hours aren't great. One of the reasons I had to leave was because I had a young daughter who needed picked up from school every day. Most of the time I was able to finish my route in time to get her but a lot of the time I would learn midway through the day that I had to do part of this other carrier's route and I would have to scramble to figure out how I was getting my daughter home from school. They don't care about your family. I helped the same guy with his route almost every day and when I asked to have part of his route added onto mine so I knew what I was doing every day, my manager told me he "didn't feel like doing the paperwork to have his route changed."
Another important thing you should know is that they can force you to work at any post office within 50 miles. If you're a clerk, it's anywhere within 100 miles I think. You can drive an hour to work for an hour and then drive an hour back to do 2 hours in your home office.
You get
  több... to deal with constant snide customers who say you don't do anything and your job is easy and that you get paid too much. They'll constantly complain that their mail is late, not caring about how much you had to do that day. The customers are sometimes awful is my point.
They expect a lot out of you. One of the last days I worked there they expected me to do my whole route, part of another route and deliver 105 parcels, all in 18 inches of snow and I was supposed to be safe and not go into overtime.
If you don't have kids, and you like exercise and money, have at it.
If you do have kids, just be prepared for them to hate you when they're older because you had to work during all their baseball games. But hey, at least you could buy them toys and a new iPhone!
  kevesebb
Money, exercise
Kontra érvek
Hours, potential travel, workload, management, other carriers who can't/won't do their jobs
A stressful job
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Torrance, CA2019, április 22.
Carrying mail is a fun job to do. The only problem with the job that management will harass carriers to do the route faster. To the point that you have to skip lunch to make it back on time
Job Security
Bad management
Stressful work environment
Mail Carrier, and Route Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2019, április 21.
• Provided reliable, secure, and efficient delivery services to a 30 mile residential and commercial route which included mail, money, and parcel packages. Determined appropriate routes or cased all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along multiple established routes.
• Respond promptly to a high volume of calls, and emails requesting scheduling demands.
• Constant communication with Technicians and Project Managers to ensure work is complete, or if we need to schedule follow up appointments.
• Report directly to the Construction Manager, and interact with all levels of ATS Employees on a daily basis to ensure that the end result is achieved.
• Proficient in using Microsoft office which is needed to maintain spreadsheets, documents, and reports
• Maintain detailed oriented emails to ensure proper information is transmitted, and filed accurately.
• Willing to help out in all departments when needed.
Awesome benefits
Stressful work conditions
Horrible Awful Place to work
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterford, NY2019, április 21.
The management sucks, the whole organization is top-heavy.

The managers don't trust anyone and will drive a masked car just to monitor you without you knowing and count your steps between mailboxes.

Entering work always feels like entering a warzone.

There are NO benefits for CCAs and no guaranteed time of making career, you simply have to wait your turn. It is NOT based on merits.

You are "Laid off" for 5 days at the end of your 360 days so they can get out of giving you any benefits.

No sick time. No days off. Always endless harassment from the managers. If I didn't answer my phone on a non-scheduled day I was greeted with threats the next day.

I was threatened when my uncle died and I needed a day to attend the funeral.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work place was entirely job related and no space at all for personal items. There was not enough parking spaces for the employees either.
City Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toa Alta, PR2019, április 21.
Job was as good, but depending on postmaster it was made complicated. Had several postmasters at my station during my work stay. Some made your job easier and others not quite so. My route was a mounted one with over 1300 possible deliveries. I got to know a lot of my customers by name and had a very comfortable delivery environment.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ithaca, NY2019, április 20.
I have respect for the Postal Carriers that do this job, i tried and just wasn't fast enough on my feet.
Great place to work they pay you for the training and have good benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good career benefits are very satisfying
Mail carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richardson, TX2019, április 20.
Case up mail and deliver mail keep customers up to date on how we do business. Learned people skills and know my way around streets and businesses much better. Management could have been more understanding. Workplace culture everyone for themselves. Hardest part of job is management expectations. Most enjoyable finally hitting the street and doing the actual job. Cant complain
good benefits
Short breaks heavy workload
Post Office
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2019, április 20.
Job offers great pay however you don't have a life if you are not a regular carrier. If you are a CCA, you work when they want you to, which is all the time. They don't care anything about the employees or customers they only care about the mail being delivered. They don't want you talking to customers while on the route.
great pay
Kontra érvek
management sucks and they dont care anything about employees or customers
Horrible Top Management
Rural Route Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Findlay, OH 458402019, április 20.
The USPS is the WORST managed organization with which I have ever been associated or even have knowledge of. Managers above the level of front line supervisors were uniformly nasty, visionless and abusive - completely lacking of people or management skills.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Usps
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Youngstown, OH2019, április 19.
No work-life balance at all... Decent money for my area, but no time for friends or family. Get ready to work 8 in a row minimum before a day off....
Usps
USPS Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fairfield, CA2019, április 19.
Case mail, deliver mail in Fairfield rural area, deliver express mail, priority mail, deliver Amazon packages. Pick up outgoing mail from varies locations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
no fun to work at.
USPS Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fairbanks, AK2019, április 19.
Management expects so much out of you. They are very lazy and some have bad attitudes. It is better to be a clerk then you wont be watch from a computer of your every move.
good pay
bad management
mailtrucks and weather
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, MI2019, április 19.
Everyday was something new and exciting . Customers were very friendly . Coworkers were very helpful in a time of need. Spent the majority of the time outdoors
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
dogs
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van