United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
8 480 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 686 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Prepare (case) mail for delivery. Deliver mail on a timely basis. My original manager was excellent, he knew what was going on at all times. He left the office and checked on you, he also made every effort to make employees feel appreciated. He had done the job, he knew that it wasn't always pleasant lugging that mail satchel around in rain, sleet, hail or snow. The last manager I had, never left the office. She managed by reading emails from headquarters. I have an excellent work ethic, I don't feel the company I work for owes me anything that I don't earn. The hardest part of the job as a carrier was probably delivering in deep snow, it was very taxing. The most enjoyable part was when it was sunny and 75, no better job to have.
excellent pay and benefits
Working on Saturdays
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wish someone would have told me the truth before I applied ! Management is terrible! The post office doesn’t care about you , your family , your kids ! Your personal life or anything it’s a sad depressing day it take years before you can get in good ( or Career ) they work you 6-7 days a week for two years straight until you become Career , if you have small children I wouldn’t recommend the over time is crazy and forced ! They force you to work 12 hours shifts some days I don’t get home until night your family will end up raising your kids it’s sad . I hate this place ! Really have to be strong mentally to put up with this place !
Holidays off
Kontra érvek
I would say working weekends, & never knowing what time your going to get off to be with your family !
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would still be working for this company as a City Carrier if they were more flexible on their hours and days off. Mom/Wife here and working 6 days a week for undetermined hours and not sure if you will be shipped off to other Post Offices on any given day, with the schedule changing almost daily was stressful and not for me. Management and Co-Workers were all amazing and I lost 50lbs and felt amazing physically. If I would have have a set schedule with 2 days off a week I would still be there honestly but my son and husband come first before any job.
Awesome Management & Co-Workers, Exercise for Free
Kontra érvek
Schedule Changes on Daily Basis, Can Never make Personal Plans, Working in Rain Sucks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically the management only cares about how well their numbers look and if you are brand spanking new they will complain till their faces are blue on how bad you are doing. If the volume is super heavy they will complain that you aren't making their impossible times. The other carriers who have been there longer understand and will help you to deal with the managers, and the postal union also helps you. Basically the job is pretty good, but the managers will just try everything they can to make your day stressful. Its not just my direct manager its most the managers and supervisors at every station. there are some though who try to work with the carriers to make their lives better, and in turn Ive seen the carriers help those supervisors too.
Pro érvek
Union protects you and the other carriers are nice
Kontra érvek
Managers and supervisors are inhumane
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible management. All supervisors had poor management skills. Supervisors are super disrespectful and lack professional communication skills. Hostile work environment. I would not recommend this office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great environment, easy going atmosphere, great benefits and retirement. Lots of different jobs to do in the post office. Enjoyed driving to different neighborhoods and delivering mail and packages to residential and business addresses.
Pay, benefits
Sorting and lifting
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day would be to arrive at work and clock in on time. Then the letter carriers would sort, case our individual mail at our station for daily delivery. Packages for our assigned route would then be loaded into the mail vehicle (LLV). The hardest part of the job was trying to compete your route by the time the management believes the route should be done according to inputted numbers, stats etc. Regular letter carriers get an 8-hour day which then requires the CCA to help them with their route so the regular can go home on time. The post master was quite helpful and she is a hard worker. CCA's should be paid more for the work they do. CCA's seem to leave the post office across the board for various reasons. High turn over rate.
Pro érvek
Meeting people on your route
Alot of walking
Munkahelyi kultúra
The worst place to look for career.management mean all the time.they smile in your face if you achieve the impossible.lot of stress.you need to run to deliver your route on time because there is several scanning barcode on the route to track your movement.they do not hire you as permanent mail man in first time.they keep you working under contract for 360 days and they send you home for 5 days break in service and they hire you again for another 360 days and it is the same thing every single year.plus they pay you less than every body else eventhough you doing the same kind of work like other full time mail man. No benefit
30 mn lunch including travel time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don’t be fooled. This company is very dangerous. Management doesn’t care about your safety and the CEO is only making things worse. The package rate is ridiculous. Not to mention the postal service is the federal government in a sense. To have that many packages and be responsible for the delivery of federal mail is a bit ridiculous. It’s ridiculous how greedy the post office is for money simply to be competitive financially.
Pay and Benefits
Managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Vacation and sick leave. Rotating off days. paid vacation what are the first two years two weeks. Can move up in management within a year. It’s a great job.
Time to yourself
Kontra érvek
Work you like a Hebrew slave
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work life balance is there if you hustle. Pay is marginal, mail trucks desperately need replaced with new vehicles. Reliable job, but it can get very repetitive.
Pro érvek
You go home when your route is complete
Kontra érvek
Raises are few and far between, must start out as a sub for a full timer
Munkahelyi kultúra
Post Office (USPS) Isn't What It Was Made To Be, They Hire Literally Anyone. Clearly, Background Check Is Non-Sense.That Being Said Anyone Being Hired and NOt Great or Good People Then Are Also Being Promoted. They Seem To Be In Denial Or Lost Why The Company Is At Such Fail.
Easy Process, Quick Hire - 2-3 weeks
LONG HOURS, UNDER PAID, VERY BAD MANAGEMENT
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceHard but rewarding work. They are very hard and very age discriminate. “It’s a young man’s game.” I felt like I was doing well but minimal feedback; got blind sided with the termination on day 89 of the 90 day probation period.Pay & benefitsLoved the job. Management; not so much. Wished they hadn’t blindsided meJob security and advancementIf you make the 90 days.ManagementManagement was not interested in my success.CultureHard work without accommodationsOverallWish they hadn’t canned me without review of performance. I felt like I was doing ok. Got blindsided. Felt like I was on survivor with an immunity idol in my pocket.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job will suck the life out of you. The employers don’t care about you, your life or your family. Do yourself a favor and look for something else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours, lots of walking. Expect to lose weight if you are overweight!Mail delivery has slowed down but package delivery has increased 10-fold! Hopefully, you'll get to work close to where you live. Not the case for me. 1 hr+ travel on metro and bus transfer. Work 8 hrs. (4 hrs.+ walking).1 hr+ to return home.
Pro érvek
Gov't job. Lots of work, decent pay.
Kontra érvek
Heat, Cold, walking/standing most of day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start a career with many options to grow. Lots of hours with decent pay. Fast paced environment with stable work. If looking for consistency work for usps.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the dc stations, you have no say over what station you work at, even though you clearly pick your station when hired. Long hours are demanded, supervisors use favoritism to make sure employees they like are in more ideal situations. The only good thing about this company is the potential to earn a lot of money due to working extremely long hours and the fact that it’s a federal government job. Everything is based on seniority so don’t expect anything but horrible routes for the first 10 years or so due to senior carriers never retiring.
Good money and benefits
Kontra érvek
Long hours and everything is based on seniority
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management has no idea what they are doing. They allow people to be in charge that have never done the job before. If you have a family you will never see them. If you love having no life then this a good job for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you become a CCA, you are required to be prepared to come in every single day and it’s up to them whether or not they want to call you off. They essentially expect you to be on call. They can work you months straight without a day off. If you want that money, great. But you’ll not spend time with anyone you love for 30 months.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a cca for about 7 months, lost a lot of weight really fast which was very unhealthy because you barely have time to eat anything all day, this job will wear your body down fast, pay was decent but definitely not enough for the way they constantly are working you guys
Payday, weight loss
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being unfamiliar with area and not knowing where you are going was hard enough. I tried my best to keep up but the other workers would make it harder.