United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

4 957 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 16 041 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Typical Day at the Office
City Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Capitol Heights, MD2018, július 17.
Come in the morning receive instructions, organize mail, parcels, and magazines. Load up the truck, scan departure bar code and depart to route. Deliver all mail in a timely manner and address all customers complaints and concerns. Take lunch within a 30 minute window, and report back to the station unless otherwise instructed to go assist another employee.
Pro érvek
Pays better than most jobs, can become a career if no better option is available, once a career employee you will receive benefits, work daytime hours(1st-Shift), etc...
Kontra érvek
It may be a long time before a CCA becomes a carrier employee, weather conditions, no A/C in vehicles, vehicles breakdown frequently, may not have a lot of family time, work 6-7 days a week. etc...
no work life balance
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Westport, CT2018, július 17.
management sucks period. No work and family and work at any weather which sucks. i wish i never applied for this job. waist of my family time almost lost my marriage.
Kontra érvek
not for some one with family
Rural
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Southern OHIO2018, július 17.
This position has no opportunities for advancement. You are considered a noncareer employee that only can bid on another rural carrier position if someone retires. Other positions within the post office are available to the general public and you have no seniority over an outsider applying even if you have been employed through them for 17 years, like myself. They will not accept for any reason any kind of absence. You must be available to work when called to come in regardless of not being on the schedule. Management will expect and lecture you on safety talks and procedures yet they expect you to deliver everything no matter what or how fast you have to go to achieve this. Expect to cry and be completely taken over by stress on a daily basis at Christmas time. Expect to work over the hours your scheduled and not be paid for them, because you are paid an evaluated rate due to mail count that only happens once every 4 years and is completely unfair because of Amazon. The most enjoyable part of this job is being out on the route where you do not have to be around management or coworkers that are constantly complaining. My only reason for staying is that I am paid well due to how many years I have been there and I'm older now. I have wasted too many years thinking I was going to get full time with government benefits and now I have no other skills or opportunities to change fields or go back to school without making no money or starting over in life. This job is great for college students that only want to work on Saturdays and new moms that have available babysitting at a moments  több... notice that want to stay home with their babies. If you are looking for a career within the post office with opportunities for advancement apply for a CCA, PSE, or management.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
you understand stress and fast paced work environment
too many to list
Under paid
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2018, július 16.
I was only promised one day a week and I was living in Salem and traveling to Tualatain. It was not worth the commute. I could not raise my son on the wages.
bad dirty place to work
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, július 16.
deliver the mail on different routes everyday. I was an temporary employee so whoever didn't want to deliver their mail that day I had to there was no choice. very dirty and cut throat business. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
bad place to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work load was overwheming for everyone
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Easton, MD2018, július 16.
They have mail carriers who've been working for 20+ years that no longer want to work, but still want to collect a check. Those guys are backed by a union so the extra work that's left is put on the new guys. So on top of our own full days work, we were asked to complete someone else incomplete work & get it done in a timely fashion. Nearly impossible without taking shortcuts on safety & quality. The work vehicles are terrible, one step away from being inoperable & when you complete a form about the condition of the vehicles repair needs, it get ignored. I work in the Easton, MD location not sure if that's the case in other cities.
Pro érvek
good pay, great health care
management is the worst
Cool vibe
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, július 16.
Hard rigorous labor job. Great benefits and security in that sense. Hardly anytime to enjoy off apart of an machine that keeps America running 24/7 . Be ready for that
Rural Carrier Associate
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raymond, IL2018, július 16.
I enjoyed my job as a RCA, however, there is very little advancement opportunity. Also, they treat their part-time employees poorly. I worked for 4 years as an RCA on a AUX route (36 hrs weekly) then one day I came into work and they told me as of tomorrow they are dissolving my route....went from making $40,000 a year to begging for work! Not a good thing....I am a single mom trying to support my family and thought I had a good job....
Pro érvek
2 hours in office and then in a car by yourself all day, oved driving in country and getting to know my customers.
Kontra érvek
no job security and lack of respect from management.
It was good experience
Mail Carrier, Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL2018, július 16.
They did not hire full time in the 9 years of my life I gave them, however they always false promised it. So I chose to go to college and try and different route.
Working outside
Sometimes chaotic
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive long work hours very fast pace
Mail Carrier: Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2018, július 16.
Good place to work but they required you to take a postal test I took many postal test and work 15years as a postal clerk and carrier and never given a postal career job worked full-time hours and was laid off. but still good place to work but sometime unfair with job placement. hardest part of job was working long hours in bad weather conditions being chased by dogs on your route. But enjoyed walking each day keep you in shape.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Every
City Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, július 15.
The job is physical lots of walking up an down the steps streets, heavy lifting and unfriendly people’s. One the people’s know you as their regular mail carrier they have a better attitude. It really has a lot to do with day by day (how you feel and how the customers feel).
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and interesting place to work!
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Haysville, KS2018, július 15.
Show up to work, sort your mail, load your vehicle and get on the road. While on the streets you run into a lot of obstacles and still need to get the mail delivered timely.
Pro érvek
Great upward movement. Excellent starting pay.
Kontra érvek
Time micromanaged to the minute
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
They get the bills
Rural Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, július 15.
The post office is a Fast paced company dedicated to customers. Delivering mail would be better if we had AC controlled vehicles! I would love to move ahead in postions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
I feel like a number
city carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santa Barbara, CA2018, július 14.
Management accepts no responsibility for anything. If something goes wrong it is always the carriers fault, even if you get bit by a dog, you will be accused of no using do diligence when performing your duties. They have a canned response to every situation. The culture at the Post Office is adversarial Management and Hourly. The hardest part of the job for me was being treated like a machine and not a human.
Pro érvek
work outside on nice days
everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not what you think it would be
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2018, július 14.
You must be willing to indulge in having your personal life altered and willing to not be apart of any significant others' and family members life due to the inconsistent scheduling and heavy workload.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for people that love outside in all weather and ae in shape
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha NE2018, július 14.
The day started with sorting mail for the route. you had to get it done in a short time and get on route. You had to be done delivering the rout by 5PM. You only supervised yourself. If you were done early you were expected to help out other routs if you were done early. For me the hardest part was walking routes or apartment deliveries. The best part was mounted routes
Pro érvek
Exercise and getting in shape
Physical, Hot, Tiring work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Hard job
City Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Natchitoches, LA2018, július 13.
You start off as a CCA. Your basically the "help". You never know when your going to get the day off. You usually do a lot of walking starting off, so if you are not in shape, nor plan on getting in shape, this is not the job for you. If you have a family life, this is not for you. Until you make regular it is very hard.
Pro érvek
health benefits, sick leave, annual leave, 401(k)
Kontra érvek
long hours, tiring, no life, unorganized
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Stressful, often long hours
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greeley, CO2018, július 13.
Sorted and delivered mail. You did your route until it was completed. All routes were timed based on the amount of mail received based on sorting and delivering standards. Loved my customers
Pro érvek
Usually out on your own good pay, good benfits
Kontra érvek
Lots of pressure to perform
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
"Priority: you" hardly!
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenwood, IN2018, július 13.
They only care about the numbers period. Management is a revolving door which is good because most are terrible. The only good things about the USPS are the Older/Experienced Carriers, most of which are about to retire and the Customers.

Working here literally sucked my happy, positive soul from me completely. Only now, 6 months gone am I beginning to return to my old self. NO EMPLOYER IS WORTH YOU SOUL! Thrift Savings Plan OR NOT!
Too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
They treat you like scum
Mail carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santa Ana, CA2018, július 13.
Not properly trained. Bounced around from stations. No secure schedule, expect a text message at 5am everyday. Management is a joke, they don't know the routes. Try to give you only 6 hours per day so you don't get a lunch.
Pro érvek
Lose weight from all the walking
Work everyday
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van