United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

5 622 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 18 497 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a job to provide for my family while my wife went to college,
United States Postal Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Euless, TX2018, december 15.
When it was my turn to go to college, I gave my 2 week notice and management knew this day was going to come once my wife finished her degree,. So, I was grateful for the opportunity to work for the United States Postal Service as long as I was able to.
lots of outdoor exercise
All-weather conditions
The US Postal Service and its relationship with veterans
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Florissant, MO2018, december 15.
At the facility that I work at, there is a feministic environment that exists up and down the management structure. This environment exists throughout the entire agency. Management at all levels have a disdain and contempt for veterans and only tolerate their employment because of the tax benefit and the Veterans Preference Act of 1944.
Largest employer of veterans approximately 131000
Kontra érvek
Seek and manufacture ways to terminate veterans
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would not recommend working at the Post Office.
Rural Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Collins, CO2018, december 14.
The Post Office is a very toxic work environment. It is extremely stressful and management seems to go out of its way to make life more difficult for its employees. There is zero concern for the employees in regards to giving them the resources/support to enable them to do their jobs and I have never worked for a company that treats its employees with such blatant disregard. There is an overall feeling among all the employees that they are expendable, and as such, the general attitude is one of negativity and hopelessness. Management. in its actions, shows its workers on a daily basis that they don't care, so why should the employees? That appears to be the consensus of all those employed at the Post Office.
Pro érvek
able to work outside. customer interaction while delivering
Kontra érvek
stressful work environment, poor management
Overall decent experience
Rural Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Splendora, TX2018, december 14.
If your looking for full time hours then this is not the place ....must be willing to remain part time for at least 2 years & I've seen people wait 10 years
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, with excellent pay and retirement benefits
City Letter Carrier USPS (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ohio2018, december 14.
Very physically demanding job. You must have good attention to detail and be accurate in your work skills. You must be able to tolerate working outside in temperature extremes. You must be willing to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
Pro érvek
Great pay and Good benefits and retirement
Kontra érvek
Weather extremes, very physically demanding job.
not a bad job
Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Canton, OH2018, december 14.
its was a great job a lot of waling but not bad at all .. it was just a part time job...great other mail carries ..a lot of dogs out there that go after the mailman
Pro érvek
great work place but was not fulltime work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hope you don't want a life outside your job
Wheaton - mail carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Illinois2018, december 13.
bad management with 50+ hour weeks. As a new employee they dropped tons of extra work on you as well. You work six days a week for the first year plus. Like i said just make sure you don't want a life outside your job
good pay and benefits
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent for active and fit people
Mail Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  3700 NORTH HOLTON STREET2018, december 12.
Plenty of walking.Stacking,body mechanics. The postal service is very fast paced but more suitable for those who love the outdoors in any weather. They also don't discriminate with age.
GOOD EXERCISE
Kontra érvek
THE PUBLIC SHOULD APPRECIATE POSTAL WORKERS, THEY WORK HARD TO DELIVER MAIL AND PACKAGES IN ANY WEATHER
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Career, VERY HARD to get in and work.
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Naugatuck, CT2018, december 12.
Fast and high paced. You are a federal agent and VERY HIGH security and respect is required. They want the best of the best to work from them. No family or outside life preferred.
Pro érvek
AMAZING Benefits and Career Move.
Very Tough Bosses.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Steady job with no supervisor while delivering
Postal Truck Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tiburon, CA2018, december 12.
Typical day: Scan hundreds of packages, case mail, deliver mail and parcels around the entire the town, asked to do partial deliveries of someone else's assignment when mine is completed.
What I learned: Carrying heavy packages, keeping the high pace steady, being careful of safety.
Management: It's been a mixed bag. Sometimes rules are required because higher ups say so. And they are not necessarily fair or appropriate.
Workplace culture: Talking among co-workers is frowned upon. Breaks are only 10 minutes and give little time for down time.
Hardest part: Hours expected, delivering in the rain and at night. No specific ending time ever.
Most enjoyable: Being by myself when leaving the main facility to deliver. Enjoying the views. Have met some great customers briefly. Feel respected by the community. Job is steady.
Pro érvek
Most enjoyable aspects listed above.
Listed above.
Munkahelyi kultúra
New Albany Post was incredibly unorganized.
Rural Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Albany, IN2018, december 12.
I was given the wrong route of travel for the first 4 days i attempted me route. I was brand new to the job and was placed on the route no one wanted. Plus the manager gave me the wrong route on top of the route being the only that cased backwards. I was not made aware of that until it was too late. Lastly, the policy is NO LEFT TURNS. nOt only did the route I had to figure out for myself consist of left turns (3 of them to be exact) All 3 turns were left off the route all together.
Money
Conditions
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Fast paced and stressful
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Monett, MO 657082018, december 11.
This is a very fast paced job and is stressful. There is a lot of walking and physical activity and also mental. The pay is good, but no worth working every weekend and missing family time.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
physical, mentally straining, no work/life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace is generally upbeat & supportive amongst mail carrier & clerks
Rural Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Epsom, NH2018, december 11.
The United States Postal Service is a failing government entity. With billions constantly in the red they continue to micromanage their front line personnel & belive the pencil pushers are more important than the letter carriers & clerks..
Pro érvek
It is a job that can still be a career, if you can handle the micromanaging
See previous criticism
Munkahelyi kultúra
tough place to start over later in life.
Assistant City Carrier. (Volt alkalmazott) –  providence2018, december 11.
I lost my job of 22 years because the company I worked for went out of business. I tried the Post Office as a City Carrier Assistant. There was no schedule, day to day and had to work Amazon Sundays. I hated the fact that I couldn't plan anything because I did not know when I would be working or not working. Because of this, turnover is very high, even career employees told me that they can't keep new help. I think the potential is there to be a great career opportunity and it is a little better if you do get career. I think if they just treat the new help a little better, have a schedule, they wouldn't have to waste all of that money training new people all of the time.
ok pay.
Kontra érvek
no schedule for new employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Unpleasant job experience
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vernon, CT2018, december 11.
If you don't know your way around a town, get ready to feel the pressure as there is little to no reference to city routes. A good sense of direction is a MUST, if not, you will be lost and wasting a lot of time to get your work done on time. The on the job learning process can be harsh. Very little co - workers were genuinely helpful, others will find a way to get under your skin.

Since I was behind and fighting to survive, I barely took breaks and never sat to eat an actual lunch, instead I just took protein shakes to drink on the go. Half hour (lunch break) is taken away from your actual worked hours, even if you didn't use it (unfortunately)

Expect supervisors to be unprofessional and call you out when you don't meet their expectations. They WILL talk down at you. Lack of respect and constant intimidation from management (excluding the Postmaster) was one of many factors that drew me away.

Sunday's were delivering Amazon packages. I wish those days were optional. It's a mess for the new ones and little to no help was given for you to succeed (At Manchester hub).
Helpful co-workers
Kontra érvek
Schedule was given day by day, lack of professionalism, being called out in front of everybody in the office, not having the opportunity to have lunch
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
over work
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, december 9.
poorly plan on a daily basic. Manger don't no how to talk to nobody and your family come last. The mail is the most important thing but you don't matter it is a suck job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Paid slavery
Coty Carrier Assisyant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, december 9.
You always hear that the post office is a good place to work. That's a lie. I work as a city carrier assistant and it's terrible. You are over worked and over stressed. Management is poor, not fully understanding or caring about how difficult the job is. They speak to you like you're nothing to them. They force you to work 10-12 hrs per day, 6 days per week. You never know what day you're going to have off or what time you're going to get off. This isn't a job for someone with a family at home. You will certainly be forced to neglect them. The job is hard. Almost daily, you end up carrying a full route plus 1-4 hrs of someone else's route. The cca's are treated like slaves while the career employees can be as lazy as they like. It allegedly takes 2 and a half years to be converted to a career position but there are cca's at my station who've been there for nearly 3 yrs and still aren't converted. The post office isn't a good place to work unless you are a robot or so desperate for employment that you'll sell your soul to stay there. Run! Fast!
Decent wage
Kontra érvek
Poor management, heavy workload, no work/life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Stressful but worth it
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, december 9.
Was a great place to work until my supervisors' started yelling and making terrible comments. Some training, but then you were abandoned. Workers' are always on edge and guilted into doing more, but when things go wrong they are blamed for everything.
Pay
Stress, back-stabbing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Good job
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2018, december 9.
Good job but deal with lots of stress on daily basis.
The more experienced you get the less stress you will experience.
Will start as part-time employee and might take 5 - 10 years to become fulltime.
Good pay, paid holidays
Stressful job, time demanding
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Terrible Management
Mail Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Upper Arlington, OH2018, december 7.
It is no wonder that the post office is tanking and continuously receiving complaints about bad service. When you are hired as a mail carrier you are made aware that the hours are long. Working long hours was not the issue. The issue lies in the lack of respect that comes along with the long hours. It was really difficult to work 10-12 hours a day six days a week and feel so unappreciated. Management has no accountability and no organization. Often times you are told by text message 30 minutes in advance that you need to be at work early. You find out your day off the morning of if you even get one that week. When I asked about my uniform allotment I was ignored. I was sent to take outgoing mail to our sorting facility one night after the day was done. Upon return was told via text message that management had already locked up and that I should just leave the key to the vehicle in the gas cap. I was asked on several occasions to return vehicles while off the clock. They rely on you to use your own cell phone to figure out where you are going when you are unfamiliar with the area. They would direct us to scan packages that were not delivered by 8pm with a "no access" scan so they didnt look like a fail. This is simply dishonest and no way to manage a business. The postal service seemed like a great opportunity until I actually worked there. I was originally stationed at an office which was fine for the most part. They then permanently moved me to another station and things progressively went downhill.

If the USPS would restructure their management and treat their employees
  több... with a little respect and appreciation they would have a far less turnover rate. The job was great. Even the long hours didnt suck. The management is terrible. I would love to work there again but I simply will not tolerate working my butt off for someone who has zero accountability.  kevesebb
Money, Working Alone
Kontra érvek
Management, Long Hours, Unqualified Managers, No Accountability, Lack of Care, Lack of Organization
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van