United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

3 914 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
overall good Job but Politics of Job are the worst
Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Golden, CO2017, december 14.
Worked hard everyday and keeper head down and tried to keep away from Management as much as possible. kind of a hostile work environment mainly cause O Post Master we had at time. Physically demanding job>
Pro érvek
Good Benefits and keeper me in shape
fast paced
Rural Mail Carrier (Part-time) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plano, TX2017, december 14.
This job is fast paced. I applied for the job but the description did not state that it was part time and that it was a relief position with only 1 day a week promised.
the pay was good
Kontra érvek
the co-workers always had a bad understanding about something
Horrible Place to work
Mail Carrier/ Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2017, december 14.
They treat their employees like dogs and get mad when you take an extra 5 minutes to complete your route. They will call you while your on your way back to the office and send you back out to go help someone else.They have no idea how to run an office efficiently.
everything
Typical Day
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Augusta, GA2017, december 13.
Management does not work well together. Hard to advance in company. Hours are insane. No benefits and bareley any days off. Be prepared to work everyday.
n/a
City Carrier Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Paso, TX2017, december 13.
you just go out deliver mail and watch your back at all times
you are always doing your job wrong
if you are talented they will find a way to get rid of you and force you to quit.
Micromanaging sums it up
Rural Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2017, december 13.
The USPS used to be a great place to work. It no longer is. Narcissistic managers who pressure employees to work off the clock are rampant. Upper management does nothing to fix the problem, choosing rather to focus and blame the employees, while ignoring the root cause. Quality is no longer a value; it's all about get out and back quickly. Customers complaints are ignored unless it is dealing with parcels.
Pay & benefits
Kontra érvek
Breaks are nonexistent, no place to go to the bathroom, working off the clock is sometimes expected
Fast Paced
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH 443192017, december 13.
If you don't like to walk basically run this job is not for you. If you dnt have baggy clothes but have a nice figure don't apply for firestone station.
fun workplace
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2017, december 13.
great job great pay the people you meet at the job great. If you like working out doors and dont mind facing the elements of outdoors then youll love the post office.
Money
the elements
Usps
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Watertown, NY2017, december 13.
Schedule change with no warning
No time off
bad management-lack of communication
Lack of breaks
cut throat- impossible expectations
long wait time to become "regular"
Usps
City Assistant Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Hartford, CT2017, december 12.
The USPS is a very hard-working and fast-paced environment. It is one of few places you do not need a college degree to move up within the organization, which is great for a young adult who does not want to continue their education.
Usps needs help
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2017, december 12.
I actually love my job. And I love the people I work with. I do not love that I often work more than 10 hours a day six days out of the week. Management is trying to get impossible things done by asking impossible things out of their employees. The volume is just too much, and it not just during the holiday season. We need people in the office just running parcels and doing nothing else so we can lighten the load for everyone so we can actually accomplish our jobs in 8 hours instead of 10 or 12. Once again, not just during the holiday season. I wish I didn't love my job. I would quit. I have no life. If you're a CCA you don't and won't have a life while you work with USPS.
Everyone should be able to have two days off a week if they want or need it. Apparently, USPS likes to shoot themselves in the foot. Pushing your workers so hard is why there is low moral, high turn-around, sick-calls, grievances, and accidents. The whole operation is inefficient...especially the treatment of workers - regulars and CCA/RCA's alike.

Bottom line- Try to find another job if you can.
The whole operation
CCA life
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Marshall, IL2017, december 12.
As a CCA, in a small office, some say its better. I disagree with that. In small offices, you get loaned out to other offices, so you may work like 4 hours at your office and then get told you have to go to another office and work 6 to 8 additional hours in a town you're not familiar with. They can loan you out to any office within 50 miles of your home office. The other down side to being a CCA in a small office is that you have to wait for someone to retire in order to get a career position which means you have to work 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day, and only get time off if you get it pre-approved. The pros to working in a small office would be the support you receive from management and the way you get treated by your coworkers. its more like a family than a job at a small office.The money and benefits are great, but trust me you WORK for that money it's not an easy job. It is stressful, and overwhelming. definitely not for everyone but if you think you can handle it, then by all means, apply :)
Pro érvek
benefits, pay, management and staff
Kontra érvek
hours worked, distance traveled, lack of career opportunities
usps
TE/Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Staten Island, NY2017, december 12.
Good place to work and retire from. Independent job, work at your own pace according to the route. Working in all conditions of weather; pay is alright not the greatest but will get you by.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Overworked, Stressful, Not Flexible With Hours, Postmaster is a Jerk
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shenandoah, VA2017, december 12.
The pay is good if you can overlook the fact that your postmaster is a jerk who talks about employees behind their backs, spies on them several times a day, makes them drive a massive promaster for the smallest route in the building, which means you have to stop and get out of the vehicle every time to deliver to a mounted mailbox, etc. Takes years to move into a permanent career position, and you'll be working upwards of 6-7 days a week, average of 9 hours a day because of late trucks. Also made to walk 6-8 miles a day while carrying a heavy satchel (10-20 lbs.) full of magazines and packages on your shoulder.
Salary, Healthcare, Dental
Kontra érvek
Overworked, Stressful, No breaks, bad supervisors, no advancement opportunities in the foreseeable future
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
False Promises
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Neenah, WI2017, december 11.
Was promised 45 to 50 hours a week, and to become career in a year. After a few weeks found out I was only going to get 6 hours or less a day. Wouldn't be able to become career for 9 years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's all about what you make it
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH2017, december 11.
This job is for anyone that will be able to handle diverse work conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and being able to be out of the office. I've learned that you can do whatever you put your mind to do. Stay positive and prayed up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Temporary Employees
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ridley Park, PA2017, december 11.
Work more than regular employees, but wages are less. Would rather get more time off. Work environment was unprofessional and bias. Regulars talked down on new employees and management did nothing about it.
Plenty of work
No time off when new. WOrk 6 or 7 days a week at times
hard job
Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Long Island, NY2017, december 10.
fast paced, repetitive , district management does not understand that the mail carriers are human beings. they treat us more like robots and they cant do the job.
Poor management
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Homer, IL2017, december 10.
Don't care for this job at all. Never got to regular and would never which was my fault. As a54 yr old person all the walking was hurting, my body. I wanted to be able to walk at 60.
Free exercise
To many to write
Fast Passed and Stressful Workplace
City Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dickinson, ND2017, december 10.
The mail carrier is responsible for delivering various types of letters, certified mail, parcels and packages to home and business owners either on foot or via mail truck.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Really Fast Passed Workplace