United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

7 097 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 707 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay job if you're single and have no family.
Rural Route Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springdale, AR2019, október 14.
Going into this job, I've heard nothing but great things about them.

At first it wasn't a big issue having to work 6 days a week, that soon became really old since it seemed like I never got to spend time with my wife and daughter, I was always stuck at work.
Good pay
everything else
Stressful
City Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Iowa City, IA2019, október 14.
Working for the post office was very stressful when it didn't need to be. Management believes they know how carriers should do their job without ever doing the job themselves.
The pay and benefits are great and so are the paid days off. However, management doesn't believe you should be allowed to use those days off and will complain about it to your face.
The other carriers are usually good people to work with but you can tell they are just completely worn out and the moral is usually low due to management.
No work life balance
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conyers, GA2019, október 14.
If you want ANY time off for family or just simple living, do not work for the USPS. Once you start in this position, you literally become theirs to abuse.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a federal employee.
City Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2019, október 13.
The culture of the USPS is unfair. Terrible mamangement and some people are not trained and they get opportunity based off of the people they know. It’s not safe at all and hopefully someone doesn’t get hurt.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2019, október 13.
Nice place to work and stay with for a career if you like people you can survive ; the difference of area where you live dictate your career weather is a big factor in longevity with the organization
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and productive workplace
Rural mail carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chelsea, MI2019, október 13.
Training was very thorough and taught you all you need to know. All the coworkers are very supportive and want you to succeed. It's a very preference based job which is very helpful.
Letter Carrier/Mailman
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA region2019, október 13.
You will work very hard especially the first few years. Once you get career appointment, you will have excellent benefits. Assignments will be bid by seniority...hardest to easiest. Be prepared for management using psychology on you...this is irritating. Management is autocratic. After 15 years, you will feel they are never happy with your performance. This is the psychology....gets you to run faster. They have collected stats on your performance and will make you run against yourself. The harder you work the larger the workload. The trick to survive is to do your job professionally and be safe and try to ignore the manipulative tricks to get you to run against yourself. You must pace yourself and be consistent because it is a marathon and not a 1 year deal...but don't tell them that.
Lots of walking, lifting, driving, handling accountables like registered and certified letters, postage due etc. A lot of hand scanning parcels as well as barcoded points along your route to establish how long it takes you.
Good compensation and exercise but demanding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a place to work if you are female and/or have a family.
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rochester, NY2019, október 12.
• No maternity leave. Must use your accumulated vacation/sick time. Hope you have it!
• Working in the office is stressful, but actually carrying the mail (on a nice day) is relaxing.
• I dont feel the job pays nearly enough for what you do. From the second you
clock in, they track your every move. You can never take it easy. You ALWAYS need to be moving because the GPS is tracking you.
Pro érvek
Easy job that anyone can do.
Kontra érvek
Must work weekends, and many days off, No maternity leave, Carriers and supervisors constantly in your business, Low pay considering job (outside in painfully cold weather), Go go go constantly non stop, Bad on your joints over time, No HR department, so people act ridiculous with no consequences, Waterproof clothing/boots are not waterproof.
2,0
Working
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brattleboro, VT2019, október 12.
If you work hard they work you harder and if your lazy management forgets about you. The pay is good but you work crazy hours and you never have set days off.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2019, október 11.
I’ve been working in the corporate world most of my life . I’ve worked in retail and and loved both careers. However, when I joined USPS I thought I was in for a great experience, but I was wrong! It was the worst work experience of my life ! All the way from upper management to coworkers to the customers!
Kontra érvek
I’m no longer working for USPS
Munkahelyi kultúra
I highly recommend working for the United States Postal Service.
Carrier Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2019, október 10.
You will make excellent money, but you will earn every bit of it!! Must be professional, safe, courteous, employee willing to take direction and provide positive suggestions to improve the service and name of the United States Postal Service. Lots of patience is required to have a successful career.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work life balance, treated bad. Bad management.
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, október 10.
One of the worst jobs I ever had. Management will do you so bad. They don’t believe in helping each other at this company. Forced to do whatever they please with no breaks. It was literally modern day slavery.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
2,0
Not worth it
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2019, október 10.
I’m a CCA my office takes like 3 years to convert to regular which is way too long to be working 6 days a week for me. I do not like the inconsistency of not knowing where or what route I’m doing everyday. I actually do enjoy delivering and the independence. It’s nice being outside when the weather is nice but sucks when it’s not. It has the potential to be a good career if your office converts you quickly other wise you will be worked hard burned out.
Overtime, Independence, get a workout
Work life balance, inconsistency
Poatal Service
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  500 4th street Orange Texas2019, október 10.
Its a very demanding job! You get to network an meet new people the pay is okay. Its not a job for someone with a lot of kids its very demanding you will work!
Okay pay good benefits!
Kontra érvek
Stressful, timed and hard on your body!
N/a
City Letter Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2019, október 10.
• Deliver mail daily to an average of 800 residences and business establishments along specified routes.
• Sorts mail for delivery, in a method that produces expedited delivery on foot or by vehicle.
• Conducts new carrier orientation in the role of mentor or proctor
Good place
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hickman, KY2019, október 10.
Fast paced, temps are on 1 year contract with no guarantee for renewal . You are expected to be on call the whole time you’re there. Work in all weather conditions.
Outside
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced social timed and risk taking job
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2019, október 10.
Hard work, very fast paced during all weather conditions, timed, and stressful, yet satisfying when work was completed, dedication, determination is key and time management is your best friend
Pro érvek
Great pay, complete benefits, quick permanent placement
Kontra érvek
30 min lunch break, work in all weather conditions, and risky while on outdoors delivering
Do not recommend.
USPS Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sterling Heights, MI2019, október 9.
I have told people that have asked me, I do not recommend the Post Office. They do not care about the workers and will work you to the bone, because they know you will do the work. Working crazy hours during the whole year, and then even more crazy hours during the holidays. Usually a minimum of 12 during the holidays.

And if you want to go to school, they make it nearly impossible. They don't work with you.

At my office, we get the schedule a day, maybe 2 days in advance if we are lucky. And they only except a request for time off a week ahead of the date you want off. If it is further out, you may as well cancel your plans. They will either forget or say the needs of the Post Office are above your requested time off. And then you just waste your money on your flight, reserved hotel, or whatever else.

Pay is good, but not worth it.

Another thing, I do not see the Post Office being around, at least to the extent it is now, in 30 years when I would be able to retire.

Do not apply at the Post Office, unless it is a stepping stone.
Productive work place
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hartfield, VA2019, október 9.
It was a great experience. It help me come out of my shell a lot. I enjoyed the people on my route and my home office. The only drawback was that I wasn’t close to home
Pro érvek
Love the people on my route and the office
Kontra érvek
The pay wasn’t that great and I had to use my own vehicle
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work to make this a good job.
Letter Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orange City, FL2019, október 9.
The USPS is a good place to work. For the most part the work is easy but there are days when you will become exhausted and find that at 5:00 pm you still have an hour to go. The day starts in the office getting ready for your day's route. Knowing the job and the shortcuts here will save a lot o time later. Delivery can be quick or not. It's all about pacing. I set goals to be at this place by this time. When I can take an extra short break for a washroom or a soda I will do that. Management will typically not call me or ask me to help. They also do not regularly offer me help on days when I know I will be late. But I have a great route with caring thoughtful customers many of whom I greet by name. They offer me drinks and snacks all throughout the day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van