United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 319 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 319 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 270 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You need to be familiar with dysfunction to survive the postal environment. The money is there but if you stay long enough you will end up losing yourself to survival strategies. Id recommend this job to someone who's down bad, needing fast money. Get in and get out.
Lots of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
No weekends and if you have kids you will not have time for them and you is treated like trash plus the managers and supervisors think there better than you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overworked and underpaid. Hourly pay is not worth the wear and tear on your body. In order to receive a decent paycheck overtime is a must. That’s not good.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Overworked
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have liked my job had the management not been so negative and condescending. It is a VERY physically demanding job and all they do is push you to go faster. They don't care one bit about your safety or well being. Got injured and had no insurance because they don't offer it until you get on a Regular route. Then I got turned down for Worker's Compensation to fix my injured shoulder. It is a nightmare place to work. You have to purchase your own work vehicle before you even start the job. It is a dead end. Don't do it.
Decent hourly wage
Too many to list.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pros: Great people to work with. The carriers want you to succeed.

Cons: Management treats you like a number. They expect unattainable numbers. Work 10-12 hours per day. Also weekends and holidays are mandatory. Very poor training once you arrive at your home office. Especially on routes.
Very few
Way to many to list.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’m glad I no longer work at the USPS. I did not feel appreciated and management concentrated more on watching me minute by minute rather than take care of customers and their needs!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company is a joke the lady who works at this location is nothing but a nark if you tell her anything she turns you in and makes you get in trouble. My boss could care less as long as the work gets done.The people treats you really bad thats why I had to leave.
nothing
Kontra érvek
watch your back and what you say
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a letter carrier I have to deal with other carriers and also management on a daily basis. Neither know how to work with others. The expectations are way too high for the conditions of the workplace during the pandemic. Employees have been denied hazard pay from working during COVID.
Pro érvek
Benefits and decent pay without degree
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, high expectations regarding times to be done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
these good and bad in any position you just have to know your priorities and what you can handle. Some jobs are thank less but essential. Not much more to say. it can be something you make a career out of.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good benefits and good salary, love interacting with customers I feel good and I love my job because I like to interact with people, delivering their medications to the seniors at the nursing homes during the pandemic knowing that they can’t go out due to the virus make me feel that I’m an essential worker and I feel happy helping others in this difficult times

Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay and benefits. Management sucks! Time off is even complained about. No time to spend or have goals with what you make. Request always denied.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Organization and prioritization of data
Memorization of demographics cross referenced to locations

Self planning and oversight

Independent field work in city territory

Time management with varying rates of production required

Liaison to the community, coworkers, and staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a carrier for 28 years, and through that time had a wide variety of work experiences in the same office. It all depended on the management at any given time, and over time even the best managers were being driven to poor practices by policies and pressure from above. Depending on the route, it's physically challenging work, lots of time pressure.
Good pay and benefits.
Kontra érvek
Time and physical pressure.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Manager was great, but you can not get promoted unless someone retires, transfers, or dies. Union makes it impossible to fire or demote people, which makes it impossible for a new recruit to mov we up.
Decent pay
Almost Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you have a family or young children do not go to work there. They do not care about your family obligations or even your car breaking down. All they care about is you delivering your mail as quickly as possible if not faster. I even got in trouble once for returning to the office to go to the bathroom.
Time and a half pay after 8 hours
Too many
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a company stuck in a outdated system while still trying to keep up with all the companies surrounding it that do better. The post office is failing top to bottom
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job in the beginning. I enjoyed my customers my duties and my route. However there is too much of a political agenda at the postal service, the only people who prosper and advance are the ones who will eat heir young to survive. Management only cares about self preservation.
PAY
YOUR BODY WILL SUFFER
● Overall
Nobody cares what goes on there as long as you deliver the mail. The supervisors don’t care about your well being once so ever. Anyone can do anything and get away with it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
management goes out their way to make you feel inadequate. training is hardly that. for a government job I had issues with obtaining my pay on different occasions.
4,0
● Overall
I think it’s a great job. You can make a lot of money. No job is perfect. I have loved my time there. I just Think it’s time for a Change! The turnover rate for management is scary.