United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 248 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 248 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 071 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management sets you up to fail everyday , the most dishonest people ive ever worked with in my entire life ,oakwood station should be audited cause they constantly lie to workers and customers,and you are just a number ,not a person with a brain ,ignorant people work for the post office!
Pro érvek
you lose alot of weight, overtime
Kontra érvek
they treat you very badly, they work against you not with you
Munkahelyi kultúra
job security. great overtime pay. working independently. Horrible management, favoritism is very common. Over worked. no work life balance. takes too long to turn over (4-5 years) which means you get paid far less than the regular while doing the same job x 6 bc they get to go home at a certain time and have 2 days off while u aren't promised a day off and work up to 12 hrs. work Monday- Sunday. no work life balance and management does not care about your personal life. The union is very helpful but can not control what happens in the station. If they don't like you, u will get thrown on dirty routes with heavy loads and sent around and back out until your 12 hours as in the contract u sign.
Job secuirity, income potential
Kontra érvek
long hours! work 7 days a week. no weekends off ever.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job has alot of freedom but management is very unprofessional, benefits are great, a little unorganized, and worker are unappreciated, not enough equipment for all worker.
Munkahelyi kultúra
expect micromanagement. I was proud be a postal worker. I loved serving my customers. It is wonderful knowing I was appreciated by them. It makes you feel good about your job. It is too bad managers and supervisors dont feel the same way. They have a tendency to create more stress than necessary on ALL employees. Be aware the job may not be worth the recognition you may receive.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good is to meet and know the community. The bad part is my superiors told me I wasn't walking fast enough and that's why they let me go I did a lot of walking.
Pay
No brakes
5,0
● Work-life balance
I just retired 7/31/2020

● Pay & benefits

I was very happy with my pay & benefits at the US Postal Service.

● Management

Management at the Postal Service can be

very uncertain depending on the particular manager you have at the station where you work.

● Overall

I was very happy with my job at the Postal Service. The managers & supervisors are the persons who can make your experience amazing or awful. Some managers & supervisors are willing to work with you about certain aspects of your job & others are not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is unorganized , they think you’re robots . No personal time . Expects the impossible. After you finish your daily task they hound more work on you . You don’t get to go home
Sometimes don’t get to take a break, 12 hour + shifts 6 days a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a good job for just getting out of the military. Long hours and high overtime in the beginnings. After you become a regular balancing work and life gets easier.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Physically demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management doesn't care if you have anything going on in your life all they care about is the mail. I worked for them for 4 years and decided to change careers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expect to work 6 to 7 days a week. Never need to be off. The only time your off is holidays. Not treated fairly. Mismanagement. Management does not how to manage..
No life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Post Office, you have to keep up with things changing everyday. Can be fast paced or slow pace. Something to learn everyday.. The Post Office has a high demand to keep up with customers, there needs and wants.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Once you learn the daily routine, it is good job with good pay, government job, but the pressure and abuse management applies to employees is over bearing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This work itself for this job is ok, it's the expectations that are outrageous.
I work 11 hour days average with zero breaks and no lunch. I am expected to get this job done in a little over 8 hours. Each day varies. Delivering all the packages in addition to the regular mail is what takes up your time. Some days are really heavy. You are not allowed to make mistakes either. You are expected to be perfect. Lied to at interview when told that you can have your own route in 1-2 years.
Nice co-workers
No breaks or lunch and working EVERY Saturday
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job itself was really easy once you learn the basics. You do have to have to have a strong mindset and deal with the good, bad, and the ugly. If you are not a person that is willing to give your time, I suggest you not apply for this position, as it is long hours. The job is easy, the people, not so much
Pro érvek
benefits, easy job, lots of overtime
a lot of attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Usually work 6-7 days before you get 1 DAY OFF. Mgmt thinks we are cyborgs. They don't care about anyone under them. We are just a number to help them make THEIR numbers.
Overtime
Kontra érvek
Upper mgmt period. Unrealistic goals at times
● Work-life balance
Lots of overtime

● Overall

Pays the bill ,hardwork alot of lifting and carrying.Overtime and being at work on time is must.Pay every two weeks. Shifts can change woth little notice. Fast paste
Munkahelyi kultúra
The demands here are insane. Management sucks. If you’re new, they stiff you with the longest walking route possible. I got sick one day, threw up at work and was told I needed to finish my route. They only care about the mail, not you. You’re a workaholic if you work for the postal service. Great pay and benefits if you can suck it up and deal with the rest of the BS. This was my most hated job. I was in a bad mood every day.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great job if you like working by your self and walking in all weather sleet rain snow hail heat waves muggy humid than you will like this job. Its hard at first but you will get used to it. When you first start you will have multiple routes to do to helo the regular carrier out if they are not their or if they just need help making 8 hours. After a year or so you will gwt converted on a route that is open sometimes you will have a choice on what route you want depending if they give you that choice. After you become regular it becomes a little easier although sometimes you will be working 10 plus hours and if you dont mind getting home at almost 8pm thats good. If you have a family it can also be tough too because your not home all day and you mostly spend almost 7 days at the job. Sometimes you will get forced in on your days off or on a Sunday to do package delivery for amazon, but its all great money and benefits at the end.

30 mins break plus 2 ten min breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a decent job with good pay. You just have to able and willing to get your work done on time. As long as you can adhere to that you will avoid most problems
pay, benefits
Management, weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work 7 days a week 360 days a year. Get fired for 5 days so they don't have to pay benefits. Work another year without any days off for years until you're maybe lucky enough to get a regular position (some places 10 years or more).
no days off
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés