United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

7 953 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 258 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Customer service
I enjoyed working for the postal service 23 years I was on the same route for 18 years and was very close to my customers I would even go by after work and help my customers if they needed help
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive but Can be overbaring at times
Hours can be insane I have worked from 7 am to 9 pm. If you have a young family not the best place to be able to spend time with them. I did like the job other than that
Pro érvek
Benifits, Plenty of hours, management was pretty easy going
Kontra érvek
To many hours, heavy workloads
Munkahelyi kultúra
I quit after a week, you name it, the conditions were horrible. I'm not exagerating.
I understand they prefer veterans and most people in the Las Vegas Branches came from a transfer so many have been there long enough but for new people it's the total pits. Unfriendly, throw a bunch of information at you and expect you to know everything in one week, have you do routes that are dangerous and full of pitbulls, hot hot weather. They push you and if you have an objection they ask you if you would like to resign. Meanest bunch of people who want you to work in a number of unsafe conditions, nobody helps you after their one week training, your on your own, you cannot ask questions.
Post office
This is a good job as far as pay and perks.
The managers are very robotic. Lack of social IQ, respect, and appreciation is not shown.

I really want to be good at this job. Yet no feed back is ever given unless its about how they need you to be faster. My job got dangled over my head 3 times and that is unacceptable.
Pay, insurance, and exercises
Kontra érvek
No lunch breaks, breaks, and bad management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Career to pressure with great benefits
As a mail carrier, you need to be eager and quick to learn. After learning the route, your job should be much less stressful. The hardest part of this job for me is having to learn new routes daily without being trained on the routes first.
Too Many CCA's
The Post Office I worked did have enough work for me and I didn't like being on call. When I would leave the night before, my shift for the next day would be 2 pm start. But I would be called in to come at 10 am and would have to leave my other job. It was not consistent.
Good People
Kontra érvek
Bad Schedule for someone with bills
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced with routine work
Good people to work with and good management. Atmosphere is fast paced and the work day is routinely the same every day. If your a Rural Carrier you are permitted to wear casual clothing.
Pro érvek
Very little change in daily work. Very routine.
little to no breaks
Stay Away
Usps is a toxic company. This job will put a tremendous strain on you and your family. They don’t staff enough and run their employees ragged who stick around. Expect to fight for one day off a week. Each day averages 10-14 hours, not including holiday time. On day off they will call you, try to coerce you/guilt trip you into coming in because work is heavy and there’s not enough people typically each day to get it done. They do not care about their employees or employees’ families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day is different at the post office
Is not an easy job but anyone can do it, there are easy days and very hard days and the weather has a lot to do working as a mail carrier but overall I felt very healthy while I worked as a mail carrier do to the every day workout I lost so much weight in a healthy and productive way. I had great benefits. I strongly recommend this company if you are a hardworking person and looking to succeed this is the job you need
This Place Absolutely Is The WORST Place To Work
My office was filled with managers, in fact so many that there at times seemed to be 2 managers for every mail carrier. They are repugnant, hate new employees and treat you the worst trying to give you the impression that Postal work is so hard, when they are the ones who make it hard. The new hiring process where the interview is eliminated and their new people is dictated to them so to speak. They hate it and are vowed to get rid of all new hires until they get their racist interview back before you are hired. See they want to choose who work for them, if your overweight or a different race then them they just dont want you. The new system doesnt allow their input and they absolutely hate it. New employees are feeling the brunt of that, I know I did.
Productive busy environment
Great place to work. Keeps you busy. Very productive and one of the best jobs to have if you enjoy delivering mail and packages. The employees are friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand if needed.
17 year of service
The post office is a good job I was a rural carrier in California so it difficult to transfer states, you have to find some one willing to go to where you are leaving for a transfer to be possible I retired instead
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honest review, no holding back.
I had to write several EEO's at this company. Management is corrupt and does not care about their employees. I've been discriminated against and harrassed due to me having a foot injury caused by my manager and supervisor over working me. I walked 10 to 12 miles maybe more a day for at least 4 years. Once you get hurt that's it, you are no longer needed and they will try to set you up so they can fire you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good part is the pay bad working weekends
I love working at this place they were very nice people and good people to work with ... The bad outweighs any good employees that try their best. Teamwork ...
Overrated
I’m referring to Wheeler Station. Downtown Saint Louis. I fought tooth and nail to work at the post office. Yet, it was a complete waste of time and energy to do so. The culture at my place of work is simple minded politics. Job security has absolutely nothing to do with how hard you work. The one who works the most, gets more to do. If you slack, you do less. If you’re not in the clique, then management will treat you like dog feces. Pardon my French. The money is okay, but you will work your tail to the bone for it. Especially if you’re not liked. Lots of favoritism that you wouldn’t expect in a government facility.
Micromanaging company
Just wasnt a good fit for me, I grew and move on to bigger and better after leaving the USPS. The work life balance sucks and it's a depressing work environment
Good pay
Kontra érvek
Micromanaging and politics with union
Munkahelyi kultúra
u never what to have this 'wonderful' job
no body care, no body don't know what they doing, just make your life super difficult, after your hart work the will wright you up and big chance they will fire you
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would be thrilled working for the postal service
Time and Time again I've tried applying for the postal service with no luck it's always worth a shot, IAM a smart intelligent 36 year old male and have alot to offer. Granted I still have to take the postal exam but an extremely eger to get started as I need stability in my life and the postal service will sure get me their thank you
Munkahelyi kultúra
All that matters in my office is management wants their bonuses no matter what it takes!
I worked at the Yucaipa P.O. for 34 years. I loved my job when I was on the street delivering the mail to my wonderful customers. Mgmt. was horrible.
Have funs
Good works, and funs enjoying outdoor walking. Sometimes you meet customers who like you, they will provide water. You meet good people every day on the street.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés