United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 376 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 376 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 423 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Prepare (case) mail for delivery. Deliver mail on a timely basis.
My original manager was excellent, he knew what was going on at all times. He left the office and checked on you, he also made every effort to make employees feel appreciated. He had done the job, he knew that it wasn't always pleasant lugging that mail satchel around in rain, sleet, hail or snow.

The last manager I had, never left the office. She managed by reading emails from headquarters. I have an excellent work ethic, I don't feel the company I work for owes me anything that I don't earn.

The hardest part of the job as a carrier was probably delivering in deep snow, it was very taxing.

The most enjoyable part was when it was sunny and 75, no better job to have.
excellent pay and benefits
Working on Saturdays
Work-life balance
No life. Work nonstop.

Overall

Barely any days off. Can be sent to multiple locations to work. Good job if you don't have family or a life. If you like spending time with your family then go for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a city carrier assistant and it was ok at first. Very demanding and not enough pay for everything that we would do. Working a job that expects you to do the work of 2 people. Lucky if you get a day off and most supervisors are cold and treat you like dirt. On the outside it looks like a great job. Once you're on the inside you will have no life and be their slave.
Consistent work
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance and negative enviornment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay but you will WORK for it. Management only cares about making time and dosent care if youre half way dying. But you get used to the elements and the job gets easier. Looking to change careers soon though.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra

I'll keep this short and sweet. If you are desperate for work, then apply. if not, stay as far away as possible. You are not a person you are a body on a route nothing more. Benefits are terrific (when you make regular status), but starting pay is subpar for the laborious tasks you are expected to do on a daily basis. Numbers are the priority here. Expectations can be unrealistic, and the management craft is a crapshoot to deal with based on their opportunistic intentions. The morale of the employees is quite low. Job hard on body. Not recommended..

Pro érvek
Bennies, security, met some good people - employees and customers.
Kontra érvek
There is a reason why the USPS is always looking for help.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service is a great place to work as far as pay and benefits and co-workers. Management is horrible as they seem to promote only the most incompetent. Our Postmaster only shows up 1-2 days per week if that. They are very nit-picky and are always complaining about lack of employees but they fire people over the ridiculous things.
Pay and benefits
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the job, but my age and medical issues kept me from being successful. A young, highly motivated person would do well at the USPS. Also, get used to working weekends.
Great pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Very fast past, requires a great deal of physical and mental ability.
Munkahelyi kultúra
....as a new employee, they will overwork you. Just hang in there. The longer you stay, the more familiar youll get with routes, time and patience....
Great pay & overtime
Kontra érvek
Most Management is your enemy, join the union, dnt expect weekends off
Munkahelyi kultúra
Highly recommended great place to work good people great environment great benefits really take care of you and your family kids great experiences USA!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone is always miserable. No matter how optimistic you are, after a few weeks you get depressed. No job satisfaction whatsoever. Hard work only gets you more work, even with overtime working 60 to 80 hours a week the pay is not up to par. Just not worth it.
Insurance was fantastic.
absolutely everything else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work very hard and are pushed daily, sometimes beyond normal limits. Mentally, emotionally and physically taxing job. Management often has irrational expectations.

Pay is good, lots of OT, many paid holidays. In the right station you have helpful co-workers.
Pro érvek
Good benefits and pay, lots of OT
Kontra érvek
Work/home life balance is awful, management not always knowledgeable, often pushed to mental, emotional and physical limits
Munkahelyi kultúra
The worst, most thankless job I have ever worked. Would not go back.

Hours were WAY too long. Had to constantly work double a lot of other people because I was "faster" so continuously expected to do a heavier workload then other employees who just felt like working slow.
Pro érvek
You were by yourself a lot and got to go home at some point
Kontra érvek
Working at the post office.
Lots of heavy lifting
Picking up the slack from the lazy workers hiding from management

Management is in their office half the time instead of baby sitting, unfortunately that's what they signed up for when they took the position. There are no consequences for being in the bathroom every 15 min. Or disappearing for 3 hrs at a time.

Pay, hours
Kontra érvek
You work your butt off for your check
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great job for people who live to work and don't work to live. Not good if you have a family and kids because your life revolves around work.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
Consumes your life, zero life outside of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very great place to work for. Great benefits, hours, coworkers, pay. My experience was great working for the post office. Will do it all over again !!
Money
Munkahelyi kultúra
This varies by region, but due to COVID, every day is like Christmas season. You'll spend a long time just loading your truck and may have to do two trips. I was working 10 hour days for 8 months, then it became 12 hour days.

If you are physically fit and can handle abusive drill sergeant-type supervisors, this is for you. They will press you to get faster and faster.

The pay is low, but overtime will get you where you should be with 8 hours.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, carriers are very nice and helpful
Kontra érvek
long hours, a lot of time spent truck loading and delivering parcels
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is not hard, once you start to feel comfortable with what you are doing the days go just a little bit better. But the management doesn't know what they are doing. If you work as a CCA you will not have time for your life outside of work. They will work you as much as possible and more.
independent work
negativity, no life, pay
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at United States Postal Service is nom existent. You will have no control over your schedule until you make regular. Until then, expect to have to cancel all your social plans and kiss your family goodbye.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The things that make the Postal Service a good job are the same things that can make it bad. Unions protect lazy people, but they also put up with stuff from me that a corporation probably wouldn't. I work hard but I get snarky sometimes.

Lots of holidays off
Kontra érvek
Takes a long time to become a career employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management sucks whole way around only people to trust are union reps
The send you out especially if in smaller office

If you have a life out side of work that you would like to keep I would not work here you now belong to them
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back job.. just a lot of driving and paying attention. Physical work getting in and out of the truck. A lot of hours in the winter time. A lot of money to make.