United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Human Resources Specialist

19 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 24 701 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a good company to work for. The culture in the company is good, the people work hard. I would recommend this company
Very clear expectations
Expectations are made very clear during orientation. Very fair employer who respects the employees. Each employee has the opportunity to make it a better work environment.
Typical day at work
work at USPS is very challenging is constantly learning to meet their workplace preformance, at USPS the environment never stop their production is run 24/7
Pro érvek
Bennefit excellent here, flexible schedule, easy for working parent
Kontra érvek
constantly learning new learning new way they doing business, Fast paste environment
excellent
I assist government employees with their health and life benefits, EEO fact finding, retirements, tsp, hiring orientation and advise supervisors of discipline options.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pays Great but no advancement!
I worked in corporate for over 3 years, working long hard hours. When working postal and you have kids/family you can just forget about them because postal work comes before them ALWAYS! Bad management on ALL levels from cCrporate to HR to local districts including plants and distribution centers. They do not offer long term or short term disability! so after 20-30 years if you don't have a savings you could loose everything you worked so hard for. Overall great money but don't look for any advancement or rewarding opportuities
Great Pay, Benefits if Career
Kontra érvek
long hours, bad management, no time for family or vacation
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be working with people who couldn’t make it elsewhere
Let’s face it, most people working at the Post Office are rejects that other companies didn’t think had potential. It shows by our continued loss of money, excessive grievances, and low morale. The money is only good for people who don’t think they can do better, and probably can’t. We are life’s losers suffering from delusions of grandeur. The whole place is a joke.
Pro érvek
You get paid and promoted for being mediocre to stupid.
Kontra érvek
You get paid for being mediocre to stupid.
Competitive and Stable
Very competitive
A lot of knowledge to be learned but very satisfying

Company allows for cross training and at times allow overtime

Culture can be tense at times depending on the managers
Pro érvek
Clear direction of expectations along with excellent resources
slow pay raises
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a job that has become obsolete.
Living in the technological age of now, the Postal Service' role is and will continue to be obsolete.

Technological advancements in mail distribution has made this job obsolete.
good locations.
Functionally obsolete careers.
Thankful
For the very most part, I enjoyed my job with the Postal Service and met a lot of wonderful people. I am thankful I was able to retire when I did.
Excellent benefits and retirement
Munkahelyi kultúra
A variety of duties were included in preparation for and delivery of classes.
I had opportunities to research, organize, and present materials. Some materials were facilitator-presented and others given as exercise materials. Power-Point presentations were prepared and often used.

I practiced public speaking and time management to facilitate classes for new employees and those who were given time away from regular duties to attend. I traveled to give classes locally and in various parts of the state.

I attended classes given by my co-workers and learned from their class-content and delivery styles.

Management provided opportunities to take classes outside of the Postal Service.

I was able to get help to prepare for class when I needed it. When I had a cold I received support, a co-worker sat in the class in case she needed to take over. I did complete the class.

The hardest part of the job was organizing materials for and facilitating a class for the first time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to different places to deliver a class.
Pro érvek
Opportunities to learn from my own research. Classes taken in-house and outside the work place.
Kontra érvek
Packing materials into the car and bringing them back to the workplace.
Excellent Place to work
I enjoyed working had a full career with great benefits and retirement, good people to work with, diversified atmosphere,advancement to different positions including management. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast pace but it was a job to put you on your feet
making sure that interviews where schedule issue out badges making sure that they fill out the correct form to receive a bagde
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent learning environment for positions held.
Many eLearning and training opportunities within one's job descriptions. I loved being creative with our web page (which I took responsibility for) and creating Macros to speed our operations (sharing with co-workers), creating PowerPoint tutorials for our District employees less familiar with computers, and assisting with teaching our employees how to navigate their computers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy my work, love to help and assist others in their careers.
A typical day at work will be assisting manager and craft employees with their questions about procedures and policies of the company. I will facilitate new employee orientation, arrange travel plans for managers or craft employees. Pull training records per the request of managers and administer exams to craft employees. I also supervise the work performance of 7 employees.
Pro érvek
Love the Human Resource field, learn something different from all the individuals I come in contact with.
Kontra érvek
There are days I have to spend less time at home to complete my work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Diverse workplace with opportunities for advancement
A typical day at work consisted of opening the office, unlocking rooms, checking and answering emails, checking the calendar, and completing daily work assignments . I found communicating with management and co-workers to be very good. Although working with prospective new employees was sometimes challenging, I welcomed and appreciated each experience, learning from them.
Opportunity for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
demanding and fullfilling detailed and structured environment
report to work at 5am
set up work day for all employees

begin morning reports on computer, and by hand, and on all hand held devices

my shift of employees arrive at 7am

payroll completed

schedule complete

work with customer over counter, online
Great!
It was a great job, God really blessed me there. HRSSC taught me a lot about the Family Medical leave Act law and I earned a certification for it. The managers are normal (down to earth) intelligent people with a lot of knowledge. The supervisors I had allowed me to learn different assignments as I desired, nicest supervisors I could ask for. And the leadership accepted me for my skills and allowed me to grow with new skills and training. The trainers were really great as well. The pay was better than I have ever had, and I was able to make over time even though I was a non- career employee. I would like to become permanent there some day.
Pro érvek
Good money fast with some really nice people and good work assignment for me
not permanent / no benefits
Structured enviroment/Multi tasking abilities
Notified of potential injuries, completing forms, contacting supervisors of required OSHA recordability,answering concerns & questions from Management & employees. Authorizing pay for on the job injuries, communication with medical personel on type of injury & diagnosis. Reviewing safety issues, updating information to the Office of Workers' Compensation, obtaining jobs for injured employees to prevent further injuries.
Hardest part of the job was the fear the injured employee had in reference to the injury paper proceedures.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the employee's return to full time work and their thanks for helping them through the process.

Working with other specialists and knowing everyone had the same knowlege.
great benefits, job security
Kontra érvek
worked in springfield, office moved to hartford, commute was long.
i loved it
Even though I was working as a holiday clerk, I loved the experience and the people. If given the chance I would like to do it again.
További United States Postal Service-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés