United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: File Clerk/Office Assistant

103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 449 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Run! Run fast as you can.
Clerk Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bronx, NY2019, december 7.
Let’s just get to it. Co workers are super cool, informative, helpful, and chill. They make coming into work better and they can relate to anything you’re going through. Cons! MANGEMENT period the supervisor talk to you like trash! expect you to move at a 2 second pace, & not be tired. You only get one day off And it’s not consistent, your start shift can be as early as 3am or 4am. You are expected to do
11-12 hour shift's! Your outside life is non existent so forget about that. It’s all about the post office n nothing else.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Fast paced job
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2019, november 21.
A typical day at work it's a very fast paced job, has great pay; could be long hours including working weekends. culture at post office could be better.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a holiday clerk assistant
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2019, november 1.
A typical day was not so bad because it was enough to keep workers busy but it wasn’t overwhelming when all the parcels came in. When it got closer to Christmas then things got hectic.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Good Experience
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Parkville, MD2019, október 23.
It was a good experience, learning new things with the company. Worked so hard my body was very sore by the time I got off from work. The weather was very cold.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work and long hours
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego County, CA2019, október 9.
I worked as an HCA (Holiday Clerk Assistant) for two Christmas seasons at the Post Office in my area. It's a great way to lose some weight and put on some muscle in a short time because it's the most physically demanding job. Throwing boxes, moving equipment, and loading and unloading semi-trailers was pretty much what the job was as I was assigned as a Dispatch Clerk, i.e., loading dock. Sorting packages for final delivery and distributing box mail was also part of the job.

Pay is not bad for what it is, and there's lots of overtime. Since I regularly got my 40 in per week, plus a few hours OT, when they had me come in for a sixth day in a week it was all time-and-a-half for 8-10 hours. You're limited to 60 hours per week. It's a union shop so you work under union rules even though you're not required to join the union.

Management is old school. Too many people think they're the boss when they have no actual authority. Several managers were on-duty at any one time, and it wasn't unusual for two different managers to tell you to do two different tasks at the same time, or two different ways to do the same task. Every manager had their priority tasks (Do my task first!).

Overall, though, the best holiday job out there. Great way to make some cash in a short period of time.
Pro érvek
Quick cash for holiday work. Can lead to secure, long-term employment with retirement.
Kontra érvek
It can take several years to establish yourself.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Temporary job for holidays
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glens Falls, NY2019, október 6.
Was a temporary job, but I did observe the following; Union based, so pecking order stands. Employees are overwhelmed with the job. All employees look 10yrs older then they really are. Personality conflicts are drama-based. I knew I was a temp, so just kept quiet and did my job. Good place for fast buck during the holiday season.
Fast-buck for holiday work
Too much union drama!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
holiday clerk assistant! great pay if you can survive
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2019, szeptember 30.
PLENTY PEOPLE QUIT AFTER THEIR FIRST DAY! I WAS PREGNANT AND LUCKILY THE GUY MANAGERS WERE NICE TO GIVE ME MANY BREAKS, BUT THE FEMALE MANAGERS ARE POWER CRAZY AND YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE ISSUES WITH THEM MORE. IM NOT SURE IF WHAT THEYRE DOING IS EVEN LEGAL BUT IF YOU DONT CHALLENGE IT THEY WILL HAVE YOU WORKING 14 HOURS A DAY OR MORE. IN YOUR INTERVIEW THEY WILL SAY MINIMUM 10 HOURS AND MAXIMUM 12, BUT ONCE YOU GET TO YOUR LOCATION THEY HAVE THEIR OWN RULES. UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS AT ALL!!! You will be USED and TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF! They dont care about you because you are temporary! There is nobody you can complain to (your not in the union), they would rather just let you go, being 100% honest. You will be lifting heavy boxes and pushing heavy huge carts from one side of the building to the other. (if your placed in the warehouse)... you will be sorting mail or lifting boxes and a couple other easy things if your at an actual station.. If you dont have a life or kids or if you just really need the money then this is the perfect job for you. I would work there again only to make some fast money for the 6 weeks.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 23Nem 1Jelentés
Holiday Temp Job
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newnan, GA2019, szeptember 29.
I worked as a holiday clerk assistant for 6 weeks. I enjoyed the people I worked with! It could be hectic in the office with carriers processing mail during the holidays. There were a lot of packages to process! We were able to work overtime. The first few days were tough adjusting to being on my feet all day but it got better! We were allowed to listen to music while working so that definitely helped pass the time while working. Overall, I enjoyed the experience. We also had a party for the temps on our last day!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Niagara Falls, NY2019, szeptember 26.
Very Busy, you must follow the rules and regulations based upon work guide lines. If there was something that you don't know my greatest suggestion is to ask questions and do your work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for people who are night owls
Mount Airy - Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mount Airy, MD2019, szeptember 11.
It was an overall great experience and definitely for a person who works midnight to morning shift. Easy to learn and at times fast-paced, especially when closer to holidays. Very friendly coworkers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Awesome
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2019, szeptember 5.
I enjoy it very fast paced learned new things good Management always was happy to work and get the job done . Help out teammates . Very professional of usps
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Silver Spring, MD2019, augusztus 29.
Fast paced atmosphere, it’s a great place to work, just pay attention to what you do and give your best. If you love working hard and fast then this is the place for you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Racist manager cut my hours and gave me a hard time
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Benton Harbor, MI2019, augusztus 14.
Most of the employees were very helpful in the training process because they realized the better I am the less work they’d have to do. The manager nitpicked about every single thing I did when it seemed every task he had me redo was done the same as before I redid it and that set the department back or behind and he would fault me for it so he cut my weekly hours from 40 plus over time to not exceed 24 hours a week.
Pro érvek
You stay busy, when work is done it’s done
Kontra érvek
Some managers are racist, Some employees look at temps as threats to their jobs so they make problems, as a temp you’re not guaranteed more than a few hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 3Jelentés
2,0
Work
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Kingstown, RI2019, augusztus 10.
They expect you to work long hours and 6 days in a row. They aren’t tolerant. They are demanding. Gossipy culture. Everyone talks about everything anyone does or doesn’t do. Job would be tolerable if the people didn’t act so miserable and constantly complaining about the job and coworkers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13NemJelentés
3,0
Stressful holiday work
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2019, augusztus 9.
Enjoyed the work, though it was temporary, but most of the management teams (depending on the station location) aren't the greatest. There is a lot of physical aspects of the job, and if you don't know what you're doing, you better learn fast, otherwise you'll get yelled at.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Quick paced, be ready to work
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burbank, CA2019, augusztus 5.
I was granted the privilege to work during the holiday season.. and this gave me a good perspective about this location's environment... Although I had worked in the industry years before with UPS.. coming in as a holiday temp.. there was so much more to learn, but I was assisted by so many.. who not only knew their jobs well.. but could translate to another professionally.. what one needed to do in order to be successful.. I only wish I was contacted to return.. that would had been a blessing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
1,0
Horrible management
HOLIDAY CLERK ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cocoa2019, július 5.
Post Master and direct supervisor were both unprofessional and it seemed to me that they were unfair, catty, and they treated not only me, a temporary employee terrible, but also the long time employees. Especially if you are white.

The Post Master played psycho games with me when I applied for the position again and was extremely unprofessional. She intentionally embarrassed me and was pretty cruel. I was shocked at her behavior because I was 100% sure that I did an excellent job. Other than the Post Master and direct supervisor, all other supervisors and employees thought I did a great job and encouraged me to seek permanent employment with the post office.
Salary
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Very collaborative environment
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Temporary) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kamuela, HI2019, június 19.
Team work made this holiday job a dream job. Everyone worked well together, laughed and enjoyed their work. Still, they were very professional. There was always lots of food to share and it is no surprise that even local community members enjoyed the work done here. There were so many gifts and treats in the break room there was barely room to set any personal items down on the lunch table.
Overall, it was quick paced and you had to be ready to shift gears on short notice. First class needed to be distributed by a certain time, and then other categories of mail prioritized in an orderly fashion. Mail deliveries would arrive, which needed to be sorted and organized, but there could be a long line of guests awaiting parcel pickups. Then the outside mail overflow might need emptying too. If you don’t like routine or mundane this holiday job is for you. You are not just an envelope pusher here.
For this job, you need to be a quick learner, adaptable, and must work well under pressure. There will be slow mail days and busy mail days, so being alert and ready for either type of day will help make this job fun but productive. Plus, the community recognizes the good work involved by the postal service and are always appreciative. Self gratification plus customer satisfaction is always a bonus. And you can’t go wrong with the great work benefits!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elizabeth, NJ2019, június 5.
I have learned organizing, more customer service, us mail production and general duties. Management did their jobs. The culture environment was diverse and friendly. The work was simple and sometimes strenuous. The most enjoyable part was seeing the work done ready to be delivered.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Busy, Active Work environment
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bradenton, FL2019, május 23.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with the USPS and would pursue a career with them. The only drawback from my experience is the length of time it takes for processing applications.
Decent pay
Long work hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van