United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Data Entry Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
101 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s not hard time passes fast. Chairs need replacingIt could really be comedic relief if you gets bad chairIt can be monotonous, not much stress, managers are easy to get along with. It’s a good place to work
Good pay
Mandatory overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wasn’t worth it whatsoever. Worked here with my buddy through a referral, got switched immediately to the graveyard shift against my wishes. Tried to instantly fire me after just one time of being 5 minutes late from my lunch (sleeping in my car). Never got to take ANY time off, ever, they don’t let you take PTO 3 months before Christmas and 3 months after.
Pro érvek
Higher pay than food service
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is fulfillment as a letter carrier, but management does not help in any capacity. If management was more concerned about the delivery of mail in the morale of the employees United States Postal Service would be the best place in the world to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is good and always stable expect during the seasonal and expected down time. The environment can be very difficult to work in. The building's AC is usually broken, they do NOT allow water or coffee at your desk. Equipment is often suspect or outdated.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not have a good experience working here. I did not get the support that I needed or asked for from anyone in the company from start to finish. They micro managed everyone too much. Employees do not have time to go to the bathroom, eat, talk or breathe between their highly observed small breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast past work, team oriented and individual work, lots of work everyday ( you do not have to worry about being laid off, that’s for sure) very welcoming co-workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the REC which has since closed down. It was an easy, good job with decent pay. Expectations were clear and they had a good management staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my very first job and I really loved working there! Management is really forgiving, at least for me, and they were always there to help those that ask. The day of my orientation, I missed the scheduled time due to the heavy snow and traffic, they excused me after they asked why I was so late. Of course I never did that again and have never been late ever since, but of course it's taken for granted that the USPS offers flexible hours (won't reveal too much of that since I don't know if it's confidential company information). Probation will always be the most hectic, but most fun and challenging, at least for me. I won't tell you why, but it is! If you can't get through it, then it's unfortunate since it's such a good workplace especially to those teens that already stay in front of their computer for 8 hours a day. Like why not earn money doing what you already do anyways, despite it being slightly different it's most definitely the same staring at the screen for x hours each day. Tip I leave is if you've got a question don't be hesitant to ask especially during training, i you don't know your stuff ask! I struggled with this at first since I'm an introvert but those people in training are really friendly and are willing to help out. Once you've raised your hands a few dozen times it's going to be second nature to you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
management was very strict, if you decide to work here make sure you charge your phone and TURN IT OFF you are not allowed your phone on the floor nor to charge in or around the facility. very strict.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have gone back to work there but the facility I worked at had closed down when I was ready to return. It was fast-paced but it was data entry and that is one of my strong suits.
Relaxed atmosphere.
it closed down.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Read, analyze, and encode incoming and outgoing mail for both the United States and foreign countries. Managed several different states/counties of images to ensure they were processed in a timely faction.
Government job
Kontra érvek
lowpay, ran out of work quickly
Munkahelyi kultúra
You clock in and go to your assigned city, and log in and start typing the information that computer wanted. What I learned was the proper way to write out an address.. management had a shift leader per city, and each city had multiple zip codes. The workplace was very relaxed and if you had a high percentage rate you got to listen to your radio or car. It was so easy going. The hardest part of the job was keeping your percentages high. Listening to the radio and typing.
Pro érvek
Typing, listening to music.
Keeping your precentages high
Munkahelyi kultúra
Entered Data into system from the mail piece (addressed envelope) to assure mail pieces reached destination. We used United States Postal Service Remote Encoding Keys.
Pro érvek
breaks every hour on the hour
Kontra érvek
sitting the whole time at work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the remote encoding center which was amazing. I'm sorry to have been replaced by a computerized system. I would still be there if the location were open
Great pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great job, although monotonous. It was literally typing constantly for 8-12 hour shifts. During the holidays it was more difficult because you were never sure exactly how long your shift would be. Around 8 hours they'd let you know it was actually going to be 10 and then approaching the 10th hour you'd suddenly get notice that it was actually 12. That was emotionally exhausting. It pays great and there are great benefits and if you don't mind sitting all day and listening to music or audiobooks or something it's definitely a great job. It wasn't really for me though.
Pro érvek
Super easy if you type fast.
Kontra érvek
Monotonous, you never left work with a feeling of fulfillment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard and physical work that will keep you fit that you will not have to go to the gym after work. Great pay and benefits and pension excellent. The money is good
Kontra érvek
A Lot of mental abuse by management at the time when I was there that made the job very stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job I worked doesn't exist anymore but it was data entry. Very strict you are working for the government. No talking, just working. Pros- excellent pay, paid time off, full benefits even as a part time employee Cons- Not guaranteed hours, No holidays off, No jobs security unless an career employee
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay was nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. The company downsized and had to move to Salt Lake City, UT. They offered moving costs so that employees could move with the company
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked for the usps, it was at what they called a REC Center, and we bar coded mail. We sat behind a computer all night. During christmas, you worked long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didn't mind working here but I didn't like how management treated their employees. Treated like we are less than. The hours are ridiculously insane, and even with doctors notes for needing schedule changes they won't work with you. It's a good place if you don't have kids, or much of a busy life outside of work. it personally wasn't for me and was not happy there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place was the worst ever. I hated it. It was data entry all day & all night. Schedules were not condusive to good family life. I was there for six years too long.
hourly wage