United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Data Conversion Operator

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
198 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 715 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
There was no interaction at all.You go to work, clock in, typing, take a short break, clock out and go home.Most of the day, I did not say any single word.
Not bad compensation
No benefit
Munkahelyi kultúra
My favorite place to work. Was sad when I learned of the facility's closing. Beginning with excellent and thorough training, the organization continuously encouraged improvement by providing positive incentives and feedback.
Pro érvek
Friendly co-workers. Lots of OT in December.
Kontra érvek
Required to work some holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My first manager told me to focus only on quality/accuracy and to purposely slow down my speed as all she cared about was the quality. I was doing fine with both but she wanted to make sure the quality stayed above the threshhold as my probation progressed. Well, I followed her directions and slowed down to focus on accuracy. I went up to 100% accuracy and was acknowledged for it week after week which felt great. Then a week before my probation ended she transferred to another location and my new manager fired me for my speed being too low.
Work independently, Great pay, Great benefits
Management, Lack of communication, Poor training
Munkahelyi kultúra
When you're hired they tell you exactly what's expected of you and what's going to get you fired, number one being attendance. Missing work or being late is "unacceptable" and doctor/hospital notes won't excuse it. Supervisors can work with you, but it really depends on the supervisor and whether they feel like it. Pay and benefits are really good for a job where you're just sitting and typing. If you just show up when you're supposed to and do the work productively it's great. Just don't get sick for any extended period.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical government operation. Too many layers of management. Employees overpaid for the skills needed to perform the work. Most employees at this location were contract and not permanent.
Kontra érvek
Overpaid for the skill level needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want to be treated like a slave this is a great opportunity for you. They don’t care if you’re sick or if someone in your family is sick. They treat you like a piece of garbage, absolutely terrible work environment.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Management, training, work environment, constant overtime without any notice, poor sanitation, never have enough Clorox wipes, dirty people, literally everything.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working for the postal encoding center in Riverside I worked nights, so I had my daytime to be with my kids. They set you down in front of a computer to code unforwardable mail. There was two week training in modules that you had to pass in order to be hired. The reason I was let go after 9 months, my productivity was .5 below the national average.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some of the management were micro managing. The last manager would say she'd check on something but never did. Id say management was the biggest hindrance but there were some good ones. I worked 5 years as a Transitional employee before I became a career in order to enjoy the benefits they offered.
Pro érvek
Good pay, benefits if a career
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS was a good company to work for, however i was expecting a professional work environment instead it was the opposite. many people didn't shower, they showed up in their pajamas and were very unprofessional in the language they chose.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
unprofessional employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Difficult to balance work and family. Work hours ranged from 8-12 hours a day, 5 to 7 days a week. Benefits are excellent. Once you become a career employee, the job becomes more family friendly and manageable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the United States Postal Service rec is not a good workplace. They supervisors treat you badly and they treat you like robots. They don’t think you have a life outside of the job.
Union
Munkahelyi kultúra
You're just another cog in the machine. The healthcare is good, but the pay is slow. And hours worked can be endless. They'll expect you to do more work but can't give any additional compensation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Quick paced and very regulated job. Not a good environment. Breaks occur in five minute increments. Hard on your eyes and on your hands. Wouldn't recommend working here for longer than a year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked three years entering data from mail pieces on the computer. Very tedious. I did however, get to listen to music and made good friends from this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was helpful and understanding. The job was not stressful. Nice and friendly co-workers and work environment. Pay rate was acceptable. Work hours were acceptable and overtime was minimal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work you do is easy and you get to listen to music/podcasts/books all day. You don't ever talk to your supervisor unless you need something from them which isn't often. You will be hired on as a temporary employee and it takes an undetermined number of years before they will convert you to career status.
Pro érvek
Stress Free, you get to have your headphones in all day.
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication from management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Data Conversion Operator was a very fast paced position, and required you be very detailed oriented and focus on addresses and pay close attention to the letters.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a temporary position at a Remote Encoding Center. Knew it was going to close eventually when I was hired. Wished it would have stayed open longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working over here was one of my greatest work experiences that I have ever had. The workplace was friendly, dynamic and the wages were satisfactory. My issue was that I was here by contract and it was terminated as it was expired.
Excellent Wages
Temporary Contracts
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a pleasant place to work. Management was helpful during the training period. The facility itself was clean and welcoming. My co workers were engaging and friendly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had to do everything on a timely basis which was fine with me but had some folks there who were lazy and did not want to work as a team. excellent pay and benefit package. a lot of lifting. need to be in good physical condition to do this job. a lot of noisy machinery but I did learn a lot about the mail flow and how it affects the public
good pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
very physical if you aren't used to it