United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

444 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 255 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work but is a serious time commitment. Competitive pay, benefits, vacation/sick days and great opportunities for advancement. I would recommend the company.
2,0
Thrown to the wolves
Rude to employees and even to customers. They expect too much, with little help.. They make the job sound good, when you get there, complete opposite.
RCA position
A typical day at the post office for an RCA if you wanted to get your work done before 5pm would be show up early. I often was there at 4:30am to prepare my route. The reason for the was because they didn't have enough vehicles to transport the mail or the packages. Now unless you had a truck and were willing to drive it for the job you were stuck waiting for the career employees to finish their routes before you were able to start your's. If it was a route that was new to you, often, the time it took to assemble the packages and organize the mail was about 2-5 hours. (This would be on a average day). Overall the job was difficult, and monotonous but with time became easier. If there were a sentence to describe this job it would be "prepare for anything."
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a friendly organization to be part of.
Bottom line, as a previous manager, I personally witnessed unfair job practices, poor cimmunication, unfair treatment of employees and a horrible job culture. You are a person, you are a machine. Low moral with constant fear of being disciplined. Unless you are willing to work long hours, and I mean 6-7 days work week, then this is the place for you!
No work life balance
You do not start off with any benefits and have no life aside from work. I do not think the job is worth it. I have been working at the very least 65 hours a week and hardly have time to do things that are necessary, let alone things that I would like to do. If you want to take a vacation, you get punished for it. If you take a sick day, you get punished for it. (maybe not by write ups, but the way that "management" treats you and questions you)
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great Provider
As a single mother with no college degree, the USPS afforded me the opportunity to raise my children on my own without any gov't assistance. The USPS also provided advancement opportunities and well as flexibility with relocation.
Discrimination in the workplace
My postmaster is a man who doesn’t like women in the workplace and has been making it hostile for me for years and retaliates against me all the time. I hate working with him. Can’t take it anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Greal form of employment for family security
My object was to change the overall perception of the Postal Serviice one customer at a time.. The Postal Service can give you the opportunity to work in many different areas.You can be on the front line in Customer Service and Mail delivery ..processing. maintenance. .transportation, technology or supervision. Flexible hrs
Terrible Work/Corporate Culture
Incompetent Managers/Supervisors. No experience, no direction, no supervision, no uniformity, no accountability. Nepotism abounds - favoritism leading the way. Constant agitation between Management and Union - negatively affecting all. Poor work ethics at every level. Only a handful of workers carrying the load, everyone else is in hiding doing nothing. Coworkers F* Coworkers daily.
Job security/ Great pay
I feel as though I have an incredible sense of job security with the post office. The pay is absolutely great. I really do enjoy my job. The only part I dislike it I feel like the post office makes it extremely hard for people to relocate. I have been trying to relocate for over a year now. It has been very difficult.
Pro érvek
Great pay, job security, challenging
Kontra érvek
Hard to relocate, dealing with unions
Opportunity
For those that seek it the Postal service offers lots of opportunity for growth. There are various ways to advance your self. There are management opportunities and clerical opportunities in an office.
2,0
Worst Management Team
As a supervisor I was regularly required to work between 12-16 hour days not due to any unforeseen circumstance but basic lack of planning. I would do my best to protect my carriers but upper management was so concerned with "making time" they would often cut corners and drive our carriers into the ground just to make things look good for them on paper.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Human equivalent of a factory farm.
It's a high-volume, high stress position. There is zero work/life balance. You can and will be forced in on your days off with next to no notice. You will be harassed for needing to take a sick day. You will be "coached" on things- like having to go to the bathroom when you aren't on break. The QA criteria changes frequently, and is based on horribly outdated corporate thinking.
The higher ups love micromanaging. The morning pep-talks are full of badly written, divisive nonsense about how to be a good little worker bee.

All of the methods they use to try to make work "fun" seemed to be geared toward grade-schoolers. Bingo, crossword puzzles, and faux money to spend in the little shop that they stock with dollar store goods.

They need to hire several hundred more workers (nationwide), but apparently HQ is content with forcing customers to wait 45 minutes to talk to someone.

The money is decent, but if you need to take care of yourself or others, this is not going to be the place for you. This place can siphon the will to live right out of you.

I think if they discontinued the centralized call centers in favor of a remote/work from home environment, it might actually improve morale.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work experience!!! This company is great Benefits and awesome pay. Customer service with this company is awesome you get to tell the customers about all the new products and services that we have to offer. The supervisors and management are great
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace culture, compensation/benefits job security, if you like not knowing what time you get off from the job, great job to work on .The hardest part of the job is the old mail truck
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start a life long career
Great benefits, good pay, promotions available to all. Work place environment great. Overtime available, time and a half after eight hours, double time after ten hours. Sick leave and vacation time earned by all employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want to advance and accept the responsibility there are numerous opportunities.
Educational achievement is somewhat important yet the culture is similar to crabs in a bucket.

So you will need to be cautious yet very professional.
Pro érvek
Job Security, excellent salary with benefits
Kontra érvek
crabs in a bucket mentality and blocking for advancement
productivity
working for the USPS has been an honor they pay is good and the job is self explanatory the company loves to take care of their employee .
The pay is great also
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay, negative work environment
This company has good benefits like maternity/paternity leave, FMLA, reasonable Accomodation, TSP, health benefits and EAP. They value diversity.
The work hours are difficult, often long, and for new employees schedules are not predetermined. There seems to be a general lack of employee satisfaction due to a system that places profit over valuing employees. This system is driven by the belief that profit is lost through inefficiency. The carriers are managed in such a way as to be made to feel untrusted, devalued, and disrespected. Supervisors and managers work innumerous hours and are unofficially discouraged from clocking them even though they are paid only straight time for overtime hours. The managerial work environment stress level exceeds that of carriers and there seems to be a lack of adequate time, staff, training, and support. It is too bad that a company that has so much going for it creates an environment that has people walking away.
Excellent
Excellent job location and friendly. My current position has allowed me to become aware for good customer service representative. Happy customer result in returning customer.
I loved this JOB
I really wish I did not have to quit. There is some crazy rule, they don't tell you about when you start. If you hire in as a PSE at any time they can make you transfer to another Post office even if you do not want to. I was told transfer or QUIT. nice options for a job that I truly loved.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés