United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

Munkakör megnevezése
Customer Service Representative452 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
452 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 071 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work but is a serious time commitment. Competitive pay, benefits, vacation/sick days and great opportunities for advancement. I would recommend the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I sort mail daily and input data for mail carriers to deliver. Working for USPS was a good everyday job. During the holidays the post office get overwhelmed with packages and cards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been in the post office for 20+ years and it's not what it used to be. Probably my biggest complaint is with upper management. There is an unbelievable amount of micro-managing, If we were allowed to just do our jobs it would be so much better, but everything we do has so many steps involved. They keep track of everything that we do with a time clock. There is pretty much a code for everything we do, and when going from boxing mail to working on the window we have to swipe the clock. When any mail is dropped off instead of just breaking it down, we have numerous scans to make, different swipes on the time clock, more scans before boxing the mail, reports to print from the computer saying that you've done everything. We have to scan a barcode in the collection box proving that we emptied it, then run a report on the computer. If you miss a report, you will get numerous emails, and phone calls until you cerify that it's done, even when the program isn't responding from computer issues. There are times when you are alone in the office, trying to get mail ready to be dispatched while dealing with customer phone calls, UPS or Fed Ex dropping packages off and working the window. Then if one of the carriers has a problem with their truck, which is often as they are old vehicles, you drop everything to deal with that. Oh and now with COVID 19, we are business as usual, but clean, clean, clean but most of the things we need are back-ordered. And the icing on the cake is that as we are social distancing and not chit-chatting at the window, we are supposed to be looking - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Advancement should be based on knowledge and not who you know. Too many cliques in the P.O., which allows those that are clueless to get away with not doing their job and others taking up the slack.
Pro érvek
Interacting with great employees
Kontra érvek
Personnel in management positions that are not qualified.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even though you start of part time working at $18hour/ 2 to 3 times a week.
Equals full time a a minimum wage job.

Flexible schedules. Always be ready to work
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excited to work for the USPS. Great opportunity for advancement. Constantly being challenged to be a better manager. Great benefits to include medical and retirement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am enjoy working for the US Postal Service. I retired from the USPS after 21 years. Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great upward mobility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was expected to work 10+ hours per day. While the money was very good it was difficult to balance home and work. Due to staffing issues leave was also very difficult to get. However if you have a bill to pay off this would be the place, but in a large office it could be unsustainable long term.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great place to work. There's a lot of good benefits to this job. There's health insurance, dental insurance, flexible hours, annual leave, good people, and a nice environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rude to employees and even to customers. They expect too much, with little help.. They make the job sound good, when you get there, complete opposite.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the post office for an RCA if you wanted to get your work done before 5pm would be show up early. I often was there at 4:30am to prepare my route. The reason for the was because they didn't have enough vehicles to transport the mail or the packages. Now unless you had a truck and were willing to drive it for the job you were stuck waiting for the career employees to finish their routes before you were able to start your's. If it was a route that was new to you, often, the time it took to assemble the packages and organize the mail was about 2-5 hours. (This would be on a average day). Overall the job was difficult, and monotonous but with time became easier. If there were a sentence to describe this job it would be "prepare for anything."
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bottom line, as a previous manager, I personally witnessed unfair job practices, poor cimmunication, unfair treatment of employees and a horrible job culture. You are a person, you are a machine. Low moral with constant fear of being disciplined. Unless you are willing to work long hours, and I mean 6-7 days work week, then this is the place for you!
Munkahelyi kultúra
You do not start off with any benefits and have no life aside from work. I do not think the job is worth it. I have been working at the very least 65 hours a week and hardly have time to do things that are necessary, let alone things that I would like to do. If you want to take a vacation, you get punished for it. If you take a sick day, you get punished for it. (maybe not by write ups, but the way that "management" treats you and questions you)
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a single mother with no college degree, the USPS afforded me the opportunity to raise my children on my own without any gov't assistance. The USPS also provided advancement opportunities and well as flexibility with relocation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My postmaster is a man who doesn’t like women in the workplace and has been making it hostile for me for years and retaliates against me all the time. I hate working with him. Can’t take it anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My object was to change the overall perception of the Postal Serviice one customer at a time.. The Postal Service can give you the opportunity to work in many different areas.You can be on the front line in Customer Service and Mail delivery ..processing. maintenance. .transportation, technology or supervision. Flexible hrs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Incompetent Managers/Supervisors. No experience, no direction, no supervision, no uniformity, no accountability. Nepotism abounds - favoritism leading the way. Constant agitation between Management and Union - negatively affecting all. Poor work ethics at every level. Only a handful of workers carrying the load, everyone else is in hiding doing nothing. Coworkers F* Coworkers daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel as though I have an incredible sense of job security with the post office. The pay is absolutely great. I really do enjoy my job. The only part I dislike it I feel like the post office makes it extremely hard for people to relocate. I have been trying to relocate for over a year now. It has been very difficult.
Pro érvek
Great pay, job security, challenging
Kontra érvek
Hard to relocate, dealing with unions
Munkahelyi kultúra
For those that seek it the Postal service offers lots of opportunity for growth. There are various ways to advance your self. There are management opportunities and clerical opportunities in an office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a supervisor I was regularly required to work between 12-16 hour days not due to any unforeseen circumstance but basic lack of planning. I would do my best to protect my carriers but upper management was so concerned with "making time" they would often cut corners and drive our carriers into the ground just to make things look good for them on paper.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a high-volume, high stress position. There is zero work/life balance. You can and will be forced in on your days off with next to no notice. You will be harassed for needing to take a sick day. You will be "coached" on things- like having to go to the bathroom when you aren't on break. The QA criteria changes frequently, and is based on horribly outdated corporate thinking.
The higher ups love micromanaging. The morning pep-talks are full of badly written, divisive nonsense about how to be a good little worker bee.

All of the methods they use to try to make work "fun" seemed to be geared toward grade-schoolers. Bingo, crossword puzzles, and faux money to spend in the little shop that they stock with dollar store goods.

They need to hire several hundred more workers (nationwide), but apparently HQ is content with forcing customers to wait 45 minutes to talk to someone.

The money is decent, but if you need to take care of yourself or others, this is not going to be the place for you. This place can siphon the will to live right out of you.

I think if they discontinued the centralized call centers in favor of a remote/work from home environment, it might actually improve morale.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés