United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
460 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 734 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
There was Expectations to work from home, too many telecoms, and management talks at you and not to you. Hardest part of the job is not having support and the equipment necessary to do complete the job. I went into management to try to make a difference in procedures but, the powers that be never allowed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep employees engaged when you are no longer engaged. The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring and promoting employees and watching them soar.
Pro érvek
Diversity, income levels, job security, and healthcare.
Kontra érvek
Favoritism, no respect for family and home life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceManagement wants me to treat everyone terrible...if I don’t, they treat me terrible. Lots of hours with no pay....I get paid for 40 when I usually work up to 60 every week. No appreciation, no respect and that’s across the board, no matter where you work in the post officePay & benefitsGet paid sick and vacation but never get to use themManagementDon’t work there unless you like long hours and don’t mind the constant troubleOverallI appreciated the job in the beginning. I thought once I learned the system I would be treated better but it wasn’t my lack of knowledge that caused the problem. The postal service trains and caters to managers who talk down to employees. They obviously don’t care about the people or moral. Extremely discouraging place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at United States Postal Service is very busy constantly. 7 days a week.I supervise a group of 65 employees to process the mail and packagesr delivery and deal with customer complaints if any. As being a supervisor in customer service. I get to meet different people with different personalities.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are very great. I have no issues with my pay and benefits.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at United States Postal Service, I think the postal is more protected than any other company. We have inspectors on the spot if we encounter any suspicious activityManagementIn general, managers at United States Postal Service are very helpful to colleagues and customers inquiries and complaints.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at United States Postal Service is a learning and professional experience for the companyOverallMy experience working at United States Postal Service is to continue to be a good asset to the company. As well as customer inquiry which means taking the time to provide them with the best customer service possible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for, good benefits and possibilities for upper mobility. I’ve worked for 32 years in customer service and I enjoy most working with the customers I served in various communities I had worked in.
Networking
Schedule flexibility
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are no benefits Pay is not that great You never know what your hrs are & you nvr get a day off Mgmt treats you like dirt on their shoe This is the most toxic racist environment I've ever worked in!If you join Union they won't protect you just steal your money.
No pros at all
Name it
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work is very over bearing at times where you would feel the work that you have performed. The management team are older employees that are pretty much by the book and don't look for appraisals or acknowledgement for they would say it's your job...that's what you're supposed to do. The workplace can become very warming if you choose to interact with other employees, or you can be to yourself.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Taking care of customer needs in almost any given situation. Manager was great to work for, most of the other employees were nice to work with. Accountability was key.
meeting a lot of people
Dealing with angry people
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place will use and abuse you until you’re six feet under. All they need is a body for the position. Should be ashamed! Even though I was management it gets worse the higher you go.
Money
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I sort mail daily and input data for mail carriers to deliver. Working for USPS was a good everyday job. During the holidays the post office get overwhelmed with packages and cards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been in the post office for 20+ years and it's not what it used to be. Probably my biggest complaint is with upper management. There is an unbelievable amount of micro-managing, If we were allowed to just do our jobs it would be so much better, but everything we do has so many steps involved. They keep track of everything that we do with a time clock. There is pretty much a code for everything we do, and when going from boxing mail to working on the window we have to swipe the clock. When any mail is dropped off instead of just breaking it down, we have numerous scans to make, different swipes on the time clock, more scans before boxing the mail, reports to print from the computer saying that you've done everything. We have to scan a barcode in the collection box proving that we emptied it, then run a report on the computer. If you miss a report, you will get numerous emails, and phone calls until you cerify that it's done, even when the program isn't responding from computer issues. There are times when you are alone in the office, trying to get mail ready to be dispatched while dealing with customer phone calls, UPS or Fed Ex dropping packages off and working the window. Then if one of the carriers has a problem with their truck, which is often as they are old vehicles, you drop everything to deal with that. Oh and now with COVID 19, we are business as usual, but clean, clean, clean but most of the things we need are back-ordered. And the icing on the cake is that as we are social distancing and not chit-chatting at the window, we are supposed to be looking - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Advancement should be based on knowledge and not who you know. Too many cliques in the P.O., which allows those that are clueless to get away with not doing their job and others taking up the slack.
Interacting with great employees
Kontra érvek
Personnel in management positions that are not qualified.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even though you start of part time working at $18hour/ 2 to 3 times a week. Equals full time a a minimum wage job. Flexible schedules. Always be ready to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excited to work for the USPS. Great opportunity for advancement. Constantly being challenged to be a better manager. Great benefits to include medical and retirement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am enjoy working for the US Postal Service. I retired from the USPS after 21 years. Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great upward mobility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was expected to work 10+ hours per day. While the money was very good it was difficult to balance home and work. Due to staffing issues leave was also very difficult to get. However if you have a bill to pay off this would be the place, but in a large office it could be unsustainable long term.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great place to work. There's a lot of good benefits to this job. There's health insurance, dental insurance, flexible hours, annual leave, good people, and a nice environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rude to employees and even to customers. They expect too much, with little help.. They make the job sound good, when you get there, complete opposite.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the post office for an RCA if you wanted to get your work done before 5pm would be show up early. I often was there at 4:30am to prepare my route. The reason for the was because they didn't have enough vehicles to transport the mail or the packages. Now unless you had a truck and were willing to drive it for the job you were stuck waiting for the career employees to finish their routes before you were able to start your's. If it was a route that was new to you, often, the time it took to assemble the packages and organize the mail was about 2-5 hours. (This would be on a average day). Overall the job was difficult, and monotonous but with time became easier. If there were a sentence to describe this job it would be "prepare for anything."
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bottom line, as a previous manager, I personally witnessed unfair job practices, poor cimmunication, unfair treatment of employees and a horrible job culture. You are a person, you are a machine. Low moral with constant fear of being disciplined. Unless you are willing to work long hours, and I mean 6-7 days work week, then this is the place for you!
Munkahelyi kultúra
You do not start off with any benefits and have no life aside from work. I do not think the job is worth it. I have been working at the very least 65 hours a week and hardly have time to do things that are necessary, let alone things that I would like to do. If you want to take a vacation, you get punished for it. If you take a sick day, you get punished for it. (maybe not by write ups, but the way that "management" treats you and questions you)
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a single mother with no college degree, the USPS afforded me the opportunity to raise my children on my own without any gov't assistance. The USPS also provided advancement opportunities and well as flexibility with relocation.