United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Building Maintenance

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
11 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 424 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's hard to be overly critical but managers really do make a difference some have the means to make things better and others simply go out of their way to make few changes to look good on paper while ruining everyone's life. In my personal experience there was little to no communication between the management team at my particular office. I feel that a lot of problems at my office could have been resolved by the little more attention to detail a little better communication skills and a few of the managers could learn some personal skills like how to deal with other employees and customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many jobs in the Post Office require a level of personal sacrifice. With the job comes a lot of opportunities to interact with the public and work with a lot of people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The workforce is always worried about what the other person is doing or who is getting overtime, and why they are not getting what someone else is doing, rather then just doing their jobs. Supervisors are promoted custodians,from a level 4-5 to a level 18 cause they are friends with other management. Constant contract violations of contract, and union enforcing only those that effect union management personnel, and not the entire workforce fairly. Too many management personnel, per worker, and their ability to create an unsettled workforce, rather than have competent managers that know how to treat people fairly and knowing how to motivate and encourage a productive workforce. Top heavy 10 times over with unnecessary management at the upper level, that do not even touch the mail or have a purpose for their job and its its existence. A manger over one person who supervises another, that does all of the work for that work group, with constant criticism for above to do it their way, even though that method is not not viable.
Benefits and pay
Kontra érvek
Over managed, and micro managed by incompetent, with no accountability.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Get your work sheets. To many boss's that did not known their jobs. Some are good and fair. Hard working got more of their bull. Good People worlhard
Work in all weather.
Kontra érvek
If you didn't work. They wouldmake you a boss.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was not consistent, supervisors seemed to interpet instructions differently than upper management, seem to be the scapegoat several times. I liked the people and most of the customers, many characters. Having to be out side most of the time I view my job as customer service.My days at work were varied, hardly did the same things in order or at the same time every day.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
New things everyday, never know what I will be working on the next day. The Post Office has many buildings that have a constant need for upgrade and repair.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Until you become a regualr employee status Your life is horrible split shifhts, sundays and holidays work. Regular status can be achieved in big staions in about 1 to 2 years After that your work scheduels and hours are regular If you can stick it out like I did for 30 years retirement is great Insurance is still the cheapest for family coverage 500,000 employees gives you great rates.
great pay and benenfits
Kontra érvek
life is horrible l till you make regualr
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked with a great group of people. my boss was great. he retired at the same time I did...lot of on the job training. older building,lots to do
training
union dues
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have work their for 37 years ready to retire and move onto find another place to put my experiences to use. started out as a custodian then worked my way up to mail processing mechanic then to building equipment mechanic which is the position I'm currently holding
Great benfits
Lack of Mangement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay for Performance has been frozen for last 3 years, due to budgets deficits, etc. having to prepay pensioners retirements. No other government entity is mandated to do this. Internal environment has declined in performance as a direct result since consensus is that everyone is under appreciated and over worked since the continual struggle to operate in the prospectus red just to achieve performance targets and standards. This in turn has created a negative atmosphere, where all the middle/senior management people like myself are tired of being threatened, harassed, cajoled, etc. into making even more personal sacrifices than expected. I have been with US Postal Service for 23 years. I have plat formed this job from a college part time job into a career. where I fel very fortunate and owe a great appreciation to the service.
Health Insurance Benefits
Kontra érvek
Company is constantly restructuring its day to day operations, thus RIF's Reduction in Force are a necessary reality to stay competitive
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsible for the management and completion of all maintenance and repair of postal facility
További United States Postal Service-értékelések megtekintése