United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Wilmington, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Wilmington, NC16 értékelés
16 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the postal service can be quite challenge. There are job oppotunities within that can be very exciting. I enjoyed working as a 204b an acting postmaster. I also was a letter carrier at one point. Very good experiences that helped with other employment once I retired. Sometimes I would like to go back to work there. Oh, I enjoyed working on the flat sorter machine in the raleigh area.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
No benefits and long hours. No life and not paid enough. Post Office is not what it used to be. You have no time for your personal life. The stress is too much and the job never seems to end. The work ethic of some is such that others have to do twice the amount of work.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nobody prepares you for the long hours (60 per week) or the physical demands this job takes on your body. You are lifting and throwing parcels weighing up to 70 lbs the whole shift.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The money offered is very attractive, but it is not nearly worth the stress and aggravation of this job. You're lucky if your pay is actually right, and have to verify you got paid for every hour worked, because rural carriers do not use the time clock and everything is done on paper. So you get to spend time record keeping to make sure your hours and the hours they pay you for match up. No paid time off, no benefits (other than a healthcare policy you have to pay for that is only cheap if it's just for yourself. If you have a family, forget it, because it will cost nearly your entire paycheck and you're better off buying insurance elsewhere) or retirement whatsoever until you become a regular carrier, which can take anywhere from 3-9 years since you're depending on people retiring, getting fired, moving, dying, etc. The years you work as an RCA do not count toward retirement. Yes, the area is growing and new routes are being created, but you have to use your own car on those routes and while you do get paid mileage, you do not get paid for the wear and tear on your car, which is extremely costly and many carriers that use their own car have to make repairs to those cars in their free time with their own money. Management is unstable at best. Managers and supervisors come and go and some are better than others but none of them care about you as a human being. You are just a means to an end to all of them. They will literally refer to you as a "body." Some may act like they care about you, but reality is they don't and are just manipulating you into doing a bunch of extra work - több...
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everything is done by seniority and if you are at the bottom of the list, you are hardly ever scheduled. But they expect you to be available on the drop of a hat. You are constantly picking up other people's slack if you are actually good at your job. In bigger cities it could take up to 5 years for an RCA to become a regular carrier. Management is very hesitant to give time off for RCAs since it is all unpaid. A lot of the management have an "I'm out for myself" kind of attitude. They don't care about you and what they're making you do, they just want to make sure they don't get in trouble for anything. If you can get on at an office that is small with just a few routes, your chances of working a lot may go up. The only "good" thing about working for the USPS is that it is a federal job and the pay is very good. However, if you aren't working then it really doesn't make much difference what they pay you.
Good benefits, good pay
Kontra érvek
Terrible hours for new people, takes years to become a full time carrier
Munkahelyi kultúra
The money is good, the hours are horrible. Good Managers are far and few in between. If you have a family it will be hard because of the long inconsistent hours.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Initially I was excited to join the USPS however after being hired it has been a difficult adjustment for my home life. Lots of hours, weekends and strenuous work. It's not worth the sacrifice when you are no longer at home to be with your family.
great salary and benefits
no social/home life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the outdoors (hot or cold) but management seemed to always be picked from the pool of people who had never done the job. If a system worked they would want it changed.
Outside hot or cold.
Stress. Stress. Stress.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a great place to work if you are able to work in a very fast paced and physical work environment. This job is not for everyone being that it is very stressful and extremely competitive.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wish I had the opportunity to continue and become a better asset to this company. I was a seasonal worker and learned a lot about the company in the short amount of time allotted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed it would do it again without hesitation. It's highly stressful but can be well maintained. The pay was excellent , I would definitely take another Postal job in the future.
Fun environment
No cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day included face to face interaction with the public on a regular basis. Management was definitely understanding with what ever issues I may have had in or outside of my home. Co-workers were great people.
Employee Benefits, Pay, Working Environment
Stress, Not enough man power
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have not been there long enough to give a more thorough review. It can yake a year to get through the probation period and up to 8 years to get a permanent position.
Pro érvek
Possibly, eventually great benefits.
Kontra érvek
Takes too long to reap the benefits. Definately want to start out at a young age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work begins with you arriving at designated time, clocking in with badge.
Then you do a vehicle check on your vehicle.

Then you report to your area and began to case mail at your area in route order to be delivered.

Some things I have learned while at postal service is in everything you do safety first, and always follow through on all procedures that pertain to your job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing smiles while delivering mail.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved learning the U.S.P.S. system, the carriers, the clerks, everyone involved but the customers made it very easy to do my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is not trustworthy, it's all a numbers game. Too many employees spend more time getting out of work than doing work. The hardest part is working in bad weather. The most enjoyable is being outside delivering mail and satisfying customers.
salary, benefits
Kontra érvek
management will do anything to make themselves look good.