United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: White Plains, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
White Plains, NY49 értékelés
49 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 012 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is now run by slave masters who will work you to the grave so that they can appear to have the most productive PO around.Postmasters were concerned with getting only the youngest and quickest workers, most over 35 year olds could not keep up the pace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I began working as a letter carrier for the Postal Service in 1997 and was able to have a family then continue with my career goals. I was able to go through the Associate Supervisor Program and become a manager, then recruited to be Postmaster, enabled me to embrace the knowledge of operational goals, customer service and employee engagement. Subsequently, I was able to join Route Inspection Teams which further enhanced my knowledge of delivery. Now currently in Operations as a Delivery Programs Specialist/Analyst, I feel I have reached my potential but still would like to learn another aspect of this position in another branch of the government.
Pro érvek
Security and ability to grow
Operations oversees delivery 7 days a week and most Holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of the job is having to work all of the Holidays and weekends with your family, the first 5 to 10 years depending on the facility you work in. It takes a long time before you’re able to have them off. The job itself is the easy part.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will learn new things about the mail service. Very fast pace, which will make time go by. Hard work lifting packaging all shift, but very enjoyable knowing people are getting their package. Management does not know what is going on, can be the hardest thing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the salaries are competitive, they expect blood, sweat and tears. As a supervisor they expect you to live out your day in their facilities threatening workers and violating the national agreements the craft unions. God forbid you get sick, don’t expect to get paid. Even though you have sick time. There is a major cultural issue within the postal service and until 60+ percent that doesn’t want to retire actually does it won’t change. The managers are verbally abusive and have very little respect. They turn many good employees into bad ones
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
So I did a few things working for the post office. I got hired working in the plant, processing mail. The work environment was fast paced. I loved the independence in the plant, but atmosphere overall was like being in high school. Then I became a window clerk. Listen. This is when slaverly begins with them. The offices are very needy. If your not a “regular” and a pse or ptf, u work all types of times and have to travel. Than can work u for 12 hours. Etc. Time off is very limited. There is no way to plan your life around the job. It’s like the job has to come first and it will come first. Your personal life comes second to none.
But in conclusion. If your single with no kids I say go for it. You can make a lot of money. And move up fast in offices (AO’s). If you have a family or a spouse. It’ll ruin everything. Sorry. But good luck.
Pro érvek
Pay. Perks. Some benefits.
No life. Bad management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If your going to be a cca there make sure you dont have a family nor kids it will take up your time and the management is horrible they don't care about your life
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience working and learning at this particular plant gave me a lot of insight on how things are done. The breakdown of mail running through the mail machine sorting them in town zip codes is my favorite.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For a young person like myself, night shifts suck. I worked 6 days a week, only got 1 day off and all I did was sleep, 24/7 I just slept after work cause I was exhausted. It's a good paying job, but never do night hours unless you don't want a life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management needs training on how to form a successful partnership with the the CCAs instead of treating them like garbage. My first red flags were the 5 week wait from orientation through OJT, the academy was 160 miles round-trip (for 4 days) from my home and being assigned to a station 20 miles away from my home. OJT was scheduled at a different station. After OJT I reported to my station. I was only 3 days fresh on the job when I was thrown into 3 different walking routes everyday and expected to finish in 5 hours. All of the routes are on steep hills so you have to pace yourself throughout the routes while carrying mail and small packages. It's also challenging when no numbers on the houses and the mailboxes are posted in discreet locations all over the property. Some people want you to place the mail in a basket in the left corner of a side door or a tool box in the porch. There are also people who will cuss at you because a different CCA delivers the mail everyday. Let's not forget about the dogs that will try to bite you.

More than half of my buddies from my orientation class and "academy" training have already quit. Management does not follow the protocol that was outlined in the academy and CCA training manual. Overall, the experience felt more like a fraternity hazing.

Maybe it's different in other districts. According to the CCAs and regs that I know in other districts, it's a bit more organized and overtime is not restricted.
Pro érvek
It's a job if you are desperate
Kontra érvek
Pay is below a living wage in NY. Absolutely no work life balance. Antiquated business practices.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Started as a City Delivery Carrier in Yonkers stations and soon developed a system to get mail/packages done. During my years here at the Postal Service, I held various detail positions ie. Jr. Supervisor of Customer Service at postal stations throughout Westchester District working with both management and Union representatives. Worked as an Address Management Specialist in Westchester District Offices where I travel to all stations, upstate, lower Westchester district to do route inspections, postal box updates and correct addresses on routes.
Pro érvek
Travel outside of office daily. Everyday was a new adventure.
Kontra érvek
Couldn't stay in current position. Postmaster took away detail without explanation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work long hours best part about working there in the dc wear house your have 3 shift you can choose from, working as a cca if you don't have a baby sitter this not for you .
pay is great
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is a good job, benefits etc. I've learned there are a lot of jobs within USPS if you're looking for upward mobility. Management can be difficult at times and sometimes unfair. At times certain areas are short handed and can be overwhelming to the employees.However, the job can be enjoyable if you have a good crew and supportive bosses.
Career Job
Have to be there maybe 1-2 years before becoming career
Munkahelyi kultúra
Initially, my experience wasn't ok. I applied for specific hours and when I started, I had to work late evenings. These late evenings lasted for 3 years, which interfered with my day to day with my children.
Good pay
Not so good hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked for the postal service I was a mail handler. I was responsible for the rest of the mail entering the building. I was a cart driver, and an occasional 204B, this is an assistant supervisor for when regular supervisors where not there.
All benefits.
Late and overnights
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked over 30 years at the Post Office. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to climb the latter of success. I had the opportunity to become a Postmaster for over 2 years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked the pay, my coworkers were good as well. I didn't like how I didn't have any benefits at the time. It's been four years since I've worked there and I heard that things have changed and that most people now have benefits.
coworkers, great pay
no healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
work and you get paid. but it gets boring quickly. working in a building with many different personalities so adapt quickly. Its a easy job not to difficult.
pays Bills
boring
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in the plant away from the costumers, and it was miserable regardless. The environment felt like high school but worse considering how there were middle age people who never matured. Everyone is in your business, and it isn't enough to keep to yourself. People there are miserable enough to come up to you, follow you around and give you a hard time. The pay never equals the stress. You start out with so very little and the White Plains plant takes forever to convert people into regulars. They also love forcing overtime on you as if you don't have a life outside the place. You can be doing 12 hours for 6 days for several years, and that's just a norm.
You can resign
Munkahelyi kultúra
i work at USPS for a longtime and i have nothing bad to say about the company. Some days are very challenge due to under staff. Post Office model is get the mail delivery regardless of the weather condition.
job security
no break at all
Munkahelyi kultúra
The guidance and mentoring of employees perusing their goals in employee engagement, safety and team work. each employee brings a great and different knowledge base to the department is resulting in positive performance.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés