United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: White Plains, NY

45 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 148 értékelés megtekintése
Modern day slavery
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, augusztus 19.
While the salaries are competitive, they expect blood, sweat and tears. As a supervisor they expect you to live out your day in their facilities threatening workers and violating the national agreements the craft unions. God forbid you get sick, don’t expect to get paid. Even though you have sick time. There is a major cultural issue within the postal service and until 60+ percent that doesn’t want to retire actually does it won’t change. The managers are verbally abusive and have very little respect. They turn many good employees into bad ones
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
2,0
Not For Me.
Mail Processing Clerk/Window Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, augusztus 18.
So I did a few things working for the post office. I got hired working in the plant, processing mail. The work environment was fast paced. I loved the independence in the plant, but atmosphere overall was like being in high school. Then I became a window clerk. Listen. This is when slaverly begins with them. The offices are very needy. If your not a “regular” and a pse or ptf, u work all types of times and have to travel. Than can work u for 12 hours. Etc. Time off is very limited. There is no way to plan your life around the job. It’s like the job has to come first and it will come first. Your personal life comes second to none.
But in conclusion. If your single with no kids I say go for it. You can make a lot of money. And move up fast in offices (AO’s). If you have a family or a spouse. It’ll ruin everything. Sorry. But good luck.
Pro érvek
Pay. Perks. Some benefits.
No life. Bad management.
Its ok
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, augusztus 13.
If your going to be a cca there make sure you dont have a family nor kids it will take up your time and the management is horrible they don't care about your life
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail handler Casual (Temp)
Mail Handler Casual (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, augusztus 6.
My experience working and learning at this particular plant gave me a lot of insight on how things are done. The breakdown of mail running through the mail machine sorting them in town zip codes is my favorite.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a stop gap job if you are desperate.
It's a job if you are desperate (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, április 26.
Management needs training on how to form a successful partnership with the the CCAs instead of treating them like garbage. My first red flags were the 5 week wait from orientation through OJT, the academy was 160 miles round-trip (for 4 days) from my home and being assigned to a station 20 miles away from my home. OJT was scheduled at a different station. After OJT I reported to my station. I was only 3 days fresh on the job when I was thrown into 3 different walking routes everyday and expected to finish in 5 hours. All of the routes are on steep hills so you have to pace yourself throughout the routes while carrying mail and small packages. It's also challenging when no numbers on the houses and the mailboxes are posted in discreet locations all over the property. Some people want you to place the mail in a basket in the left corner of a side door or a tool box in the porch. There are also people who will cuss at you because a different CCA delivers the mail everyday. Let's not forget about the dogs that will try to bite you.

More than half of my buddies from my orientation class and "academy" training have already quit. Management does not follow the protocol that was outlined in the academy and CCA training manual. Overall, the experience felt more like a fraternity hazing.

Maybe it's different in other districts. According to the CCAs and regs that I know in other districts, it's a bit more organized and overtime is not restricted.
Pro érvek
It's a job if you are desperate
Kontra érvek
Pay is below a living wage in NY. Absolutely no work life balance. Antiquated business practices.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had productive days because I didn't do the same thing daily and it was always challenging
Address Management Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY 106102019, március 26.
Started as a City Delivery Carrier in Yonkers stations and soon developed a system to get mail/packages done. During my years here at the Postal Service, I held various detail positions ie. Jr. Supervisor of Customer Service at postal stations throughout Westchester District working with both management and Union representatives. Worked as an Address Management Specialist in Westchester District Offices where I travel to all stations, upstate, lower Westchester district to do route inspections, postal box updates and correct addresses on routes.
Pro érvek
Travel outside of office daily. Everyday was a new adventure.
Kontra érvek
Couldn't stay in current position. Postmaster took away detail without explanation.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
good place to work for
CCA Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2019, március 21.
great place to work long hours best part about working there in the dc wear house your have 3 shift you can choose from, working as a cca if you don't have a baby sitter this not for you .
pay is great
Munkahelyi kultúra
General Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, október 31.
USPS is a good job, benefits etc. I've learned there are a lot of jobs within USPS if you're looking for upward mobility. Management can be difficult at times and sometimes unfair. At times certain areas are short handed and can be overwhelming to the employees.However, the job can be enjoyable if you have a good crew and supportive bosses.
Career Job
Have to be there maybe 1-2 years before becoming career
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
My experience with USPS
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, október 30.
Initially, my experience wasn't ok. I applied for specific hours and when I started, I had to work late evenings. These late evenings lasted for 3 years, which interfered with my day to day with my children.
Good pay
Not so good hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was and is the best job i ever had. Wish i could get back in with them. Much older now and know the advancement i could acquire from this company
Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  2000 Westchester ave White PLains, New York 106102018, október 24.
When I worked for the postal service I was a mail handler. I was responsible for the rest of the mail entering the building. I was a cart driver, and an occasional 204B, this is an assistant supervisor for when regular supervisors where not there.
All benefits.
Late and overnights
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Upward Mobility if you want it
Injury Compensation Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, szeptember 16.
I worked over 30 years at the Post Office. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to climb the latter of success. I had the opportunity to become a Postmaster for over 2 years.
Fun Workplace but No Benefits
Mail Processor (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, szeptember 15.
I liked the pay, my coworkers were good as well. I didn't like how I didn't have any benefits at the time. It's been four years since I've worked there and I heard that things have changed and that most people now have benefits.
coworkers, great pay
no healthcare
Its a Job
Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, augusztus 21.
work and you get paid. but it gets boring quickly. working in a building with many different personalities so adapt quickly. Its a easy job not to difficult.
pays Bills
boring
Kafkaesque
Mail Handler Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, augusztus 5.
I worked in the plant away from the costumers, and it was miserable regardless. The environment felt like high school but worse considering how there were middle age people who never matured. Everyone is in your business, and it isn't enough to keep to yourself. People there are miserable enough to come up to you, follow you around and give you a hard time. The pay never equals the stress. You start out with so very little and the White Plains plant takes forever to convert people into regulars. They also love forcing overtime on you as if you don't have a life outside the place. You can be doing 12 hours for 6 days for several years, and that's just a norm.
You can resign
Great company to work
Customer service Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, július 26.
i work at USPS for a longtime and i have nothing bad to say about the company. Some days are very challenge due to under staff. Post Office model is get the mail delivery regardless of the weather condition.
job security
no break at all
repetitive trainingand development
Manager, Maintenance Operations (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, július 18.
The guidance and mentoring of employees perusing their goals in employee engagement, safety and team work. each employee brings a great and different knowledge base to the department is resulting in positive performance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is spotty.not strong enough
Postal Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, június 18.
Leave the slackers alone .Try to get the good workers do more.They have too many incompetent supervisors.The workers know more than supervisors .Give overtime to mail handlers when not needed because of lack of management
Security
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work for ,especially if its full time
CASUAL MAIL HANDLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, április 18.
work days are very busy. we had to work quickly and effectively. managers communication wasn't the greatest but the team makes the work load very light. proud ton work for them thou
Pro érvek
mini breaks in-between stressful moments
can't be a regular employee until after 365 days working hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
A decent place to work
Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, április 7.
Make sure you have your family life in order.
Try not to call out a lot. Maintain good attendance and it’s great to have a driver license. Great place to work.
Pro érvek
great benefits and lots of overtime
Kontra érvek
To many people in your business
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Working on the machines
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2018, március 4.
I sorted mail through the machines. I loaded them and pout mail in bins getting them ready for the carriers. I learned how the machines worked and how to sort to different routes. Management was always changing and management always wanted you to work more and more. The work place was diverse. The hardest part about the job is when management changing things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid.
Pay day
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van