United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Sacramento, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place a a very fast paced environment. Benefits are great especially for veterans, but the training and communication could improve. There is no formal training in operations for management. Employee engagement and recognition needs much improvement.
PTO
Kontra érvek
no time for breaks at times for supervisor/managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
a geat place to work an overview on how a mail travels from the time it is send to the time it is recieved management and co-workers are very helpful aand knowledgeable
friendly atmosphere
long hours of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well I learned a lot new things that will help in future like how to work under pressure , how to work in a team etc. The management is good and everybody is co-operative.
Good management
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the postal office was fun. My co-workers and I always made sure that mail was ready to go out to carriers in the morning. My co-workers were very friendly. I actually really liked to learn how mail was processed too. I think the hardest part of the job was memorizing zip codes for the certain areas in my department, but it was still pretty easy.
Pro érvek
Getting the mail out on time.
Nothing really
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I will outline the key take-aways of a typical experience for an entry-level USPS employee (PSE): -you don't have an assigned time to go home, you do work either in your department or anywhere else it is not completed by lazy workers in time and THEN you can leave... not matter the hours -o.k. pay if you have absolutely no work experience ~$17-$18/hr -if you talk to management you either (1) win their favoritism or (2) they don't like that you aren't working and they try to find a way to fire you -pregnant women are liabilities and are fired for one mess up (late once) -you either break your back or you don't work -if you show initiative, you are rewarded with being made to work all holidays (my case) while those who complain to family members who work there get holidays off -takes approx. 4-5 years to be given the opportunity (a second probation period) to make regular-status employee -NO work-life balance -regular, permanent employees threatened constantly if request a single day off - friend of mine put on probation for attending his daughter's wedding although he asked for days off well in advance and it was approved - only thing saving these poor employees are the unions
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is the worst place to work. Long hours and short breaks. Supervisors are rude, disrespectful, and you are treated as if you are less than a human being. They care about quantity not quality. Safety is a joke. Morale is sooo low. As a holiday employee there is no incentive to want to become a regular employee.
Pro érvek
Pay: if you get paid (correctly). Regular employees are generally nice and helpful
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
A place where you financial needs are met. A wonderful place to work. Great opportunity for advancement. Great benefits. Diversity. You will get the opportunity to get to know others individual from every walk of life.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
At times, the hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned how to work at a fast pace while being safe and efficient.
o Sales o Meeting Quota o Outbound Calling o Customer Service o Data Entry
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and very repetitive you always have the same duties day in and day out unless instructed to do otherwise. You can train in multiple areas if you choose to do so.
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day at work is pretty much the same thing everyday. answering phones, helping customers with so many situaions
work around nice people
rude customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
ive worked for the post office and absolutely love it has been a dream of mine to be a mail man since I was a kid.
Pro érvek
good pay, and lots of opportunities
Kontra érvek
hours can be cut or long, supervisors arent always helpful
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here about 3 months and it was the hardest, worst, and over worked job I've ever done. At times I worked 12 hour shifts my feet all day NO sitting except for a 30 minute lunch. The managers are so rude, and don't care. Being a manager isn't easy but you also don't want your employees hate coming to work, or feel like they're being mistreated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mdo's have no idea what they are doing. That place is a circus!
everything about that place
Munkahelyi kultúra
variety of jobs in the post office so your never bored its amazing how the mail system works.
wide job options
must be employed 1yr before medical benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
"Go home safe"! That's the motto you learn in orientation and at our weekly safety meetings. Being a Mail Handler is a very physical job of prepping, moving, separating and lifting mail, periodicals and parcels. It is a fascinating process that people don't get to witness unless you are an employee of the USPS. Absolutely no one is allowed in the P&DC (process & distribution center) building without proper clearance and authorization. I have been working there for a few months now and the machines that process the mail after we prep them, still amazes me! I am the oldest of my team and in this short time, I have been given the title of group leader. Although my team consists of people who are the ages of my children, everyone pulls their weight! This team is what motivates me to go into work everyday. Not only does everyone do their jobs, but they are a fun group also. The hardest part of being a Mail Handler is having to deal with the heat in the warehouse and the lifting of heavy mail. I also have a great supervisor that puts a lot of trust in me in making sure our team is functioning, taking their breaks and being productive. Because of her trust in our team, we are able to work without her direct supervision.
Pro érvek
Great supervisor, great team of co-workers
Contract of only 350 days, no benefits, no set schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clock in to work, go to your manager and see what areas need help. I learned that a person must always be ready to commit more time and cancel plans, in order to get work done. Co-workers here were very helpful, and only had the best intentions for everyone. The hardest part of the job, was a constantly changing schedule and hours. Never had a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how everything operates. Some managers were good, some didn't do anything to help.
Good pay, good hours
Non-flexible, bad schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting outgoing and incoming mail. Management is very knowledgeable. Co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning various departments and to see how each departments procedure differs from each other. This job keeps you on your toes. There is always something to do.
40+ hours a week.
it was just a temp job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working at the postal service as a PSE clerk isnt so great. yes it is a job and in today's economy you take what you can get, but this position leaves you with uncertainty of whether or not you will have a job after a month to 6 months or even a year. the begging training is sub par because most of the workers qualified to train you do a sub par job in telling you how to work a certain operation on top of that you will get chewed out by supervisors because of it. The job like i mentioned is temporary, in the 1st year there is no benefits ,and if ,and its a big IF, you continue on for another year, decided by management, you do have the option for benefits. management is lacks managing skills with employees as well as work preparation. Many Co-workers that have been working for this company take this job for granted and not serious enough. A lot of workers wont budge until management tells them to do so even though they do the same thing every day. the job overall isnt hard in itself but because of the lack of workers needed for the job, but the post office is constantly on a hiring freeze, and the laziness of some co workers, it makes the job a lot harder than it is.
bonding with some co-workers
Kontra érvek
non guaranteed breaks, uncertain work hours, management, hiring freezes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company. Good benefits. Good co-workers. Good management. Good co-workers.