United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Sacramento, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
West Sacramento, CA39 értékelés
39 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 438 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place a a very fast paced environment. Benefits are great especially for veterans, but the training and communication could improve. There is no formal training in operations for management. Employee engagement and recognition needs much improvement.
PTO
Kontra érvek
no time for breaks at times for supervisor/managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. That's why I choose to keep it to myself. Do whats best for you and your life hopefully it makes you happy!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is great if you have no life or family. They don't tell you how long your day will be so you could be there for 12 hours. Swing is especially bad. There's a lot of family here, as in your shift manager will have his wife, mother in law, brother and cousins working there on his shift. And they leave while you stay for the mandatory over time. Good money, poor management, very few people who will help you learn your duties. Literally no help. Wanna have your lunch in 5 hours of being there (which is California state law)? Nope. Federal institutions trump state law. There's good people here but their the minority. Really wanted to love working here, but aside from the mismanagement and disorganization, greed, and general stupidity, my last straw was when they changed my shift without notifying me ahead of time (a day before my break of service was done) and didn't care that the change was a hardship for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service has been the leader in mail delivery for decades. Working there has afforded me many incredible opportunities and I am forever grateful.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The only type of people who excel at the warehouse in West Sacramento are those who are submissive. The manager and supervisors will pick on you if they know you are timid. In the orientation you are told that the supervisors are trained to watch you and intimidate you. VERY bad place to work, 10/10 wouldn't recommend.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a professional work environment. Unorganized and irresponsible workers.
Decided that the USPS wasn’t a good fit for me. So I decided to return to the medical field
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work place. Flexible scheduling. A great place to learn about mail processing procedures.Enhances your people skills. Room for advancement and the ability to train others
Munkahelyi kultúra
when you think of the mail jobs you may think repetitive and long hours of hard work. Well yes it is consistent but this helped me for the temporary position I held during the Holiday season. The hours were the longest I have ever experienced 12 hours and I was lucky to get sleep. I'm single with no kids nor a car so my time was unique to say the least. the position was for a processing clerk ( so we sort) its very detail oriented. I would recommend this to someone career curious or looking to earn money fast for the season if you are willing to give up your holidays to do so. The pay rate was the most rewarding even after taxes taken out the gross was astonishing for 5 weeks I made the minimum amount to file as a student. There was an assessment and drug screening both were simple and free. I have an aunt in the business and so I understand her work-life like I never thought I would have; she's a pro and of course the permanent people picked are not expected to endure like the rest of us. I'am not even a money motivated person, But Try hard not to like it,you MIGHT.
pay rate, Experience, Short term
Location, manager hierarchy, schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working for the United States Postal Service (USPS). The only difficulties were the days a week and hours we were required to work. It was difficult to schedule doctor appointments, and/or other daily activities because they can change your schedule your time of work at any time. Other than that I would have stayed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast working environment, operating Dbcs machines, mantaining average through-puts recommended. Management could be better, lack of communication. Hardest part is being on your feet for 12 hours a day plus lifting constant weight.
Munkahelyi kultúra
PSE your doing the grunt work. they o not care if your too short to reach the mail safely. 2 people should be on the machine as stated in the safety video but we were told the video is wrong, they only want 2 people if they need the machine going at all times, they will push out as much mail as possible to make themselves look better when it come to a promotion. they get off on yelling at you on the floor during meetings. do not understand how people with no degree were able to have the title of supervisor
Pro érvek
doughnutsif you make them look good
Kontra érvek
annoying, yelled at, timed breaks, carpal tunnel
Munkahelyi kultúra
They dont train you, your just thrown out there expected to automatically know your job. Coworkers are very rude as well as management. They used all these acronyms and expect you to automatically know what they mean. They don't want you to stand around but will not let you know what your next task is that needs to be done. Good luck to anyone who chooses to work at this plant.
Pay rate
Kontra érvek
Some times you dont get a break
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is easy. There's no strong incentive to work together or get along well, just show up and get paid. Management isn't concerned with the well-being of the business or the employees.
Salary for work provided
Kontra érvek
Morale, Management involvement, efficiency....
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Cool, Ca. and had a 45 min. drive to and from work each day. I only worked a 4 hour shift having to be there from 5:45 am to 10:00 am. The pay was good, but not worth the drive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I was working at ups it was a great thing for me. I was out delivering packages to customers and businesses. They were very friendly and have good hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is easy, the machines do almost everything. But some heavy lifting depending on your unit. Management just sucks in the plant. Don't always treat you well or care about your outside life.
Good pay, ok benefits
Management! Long hours unexpected sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management doesn't know what they are doing and treat the day like it's brand new. I would suggest if you can deal with management panicking all the time then this is the job for you. They don't take suggestions to make the work easier. Instead they constantly harass the people that work the most.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for post office is a great experience for me learning lots of things working in post office atmosphere is great over there helpfull and friendly people
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company needs an overhaul, do not treat employees right and especially casual employees, treat them disrespectful like there not there and they do most of the work, and casuals do not know how long they have to work, they will get rid of you when you do not know and you can be a hard worker, no respect'
No free Lunches
15 min breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having worked in a Post Office.
The MHA position is night and day.

As a carrier assistant I was treated like dirt, laughed at, given no training ( academy said my OJI would teach me, nope) , cussed out within hours of starting my first shift, obvious bias. There's a reason why CCAs quit in droves.

As a MHA it has been a pleasant surprise. My supervisors and co-worker are all FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND EXPLAIN THINGS. I was able to get up to speed very quickly and fall into place with the pace at which everyone was working.

Pros.

*Coworkers and immediate superior.

*all the hours you can dream of.

*Get moved around and learn new positions with in the factory. Variety!

*no pitbulls

Cons.

*Getting used to standing on concrete for 12 hours is the hardest part.

A couple weeks in and my feet and calves are still screaming.

*8 hour shifts feel like a vacation.

* language barrier. Hard to understand alot of folk.
Pro érvek
Great hours, everyone is friendly
12 hours of standing on concrete, my dogs are barking at the 8 hour mark
Munkahelyi kultúra
a geat place to work an overview on how a mail travels from the time it is send to the time it is recieved management and co-workers are very helpful aand knowledgeable
friendly atmosphere