United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Waterloo, IA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Waterloo, IA14 értékelés
14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 565 értékelés megtekintése
Seniority based
There's little room for advancement - I was a PSE for over 2.5 years and was still #6 on the list of being converted. Essentially, that means that you can't "bid" on a job or do anything else until the conversion. The pay is great, hours vary greatly (4 minimum but you are required to work 12 if demanded). Most people there are great, but many of the older workers have special treatment and you're expected to do everybody else's work if you're younger and capable.

Overall, it was still a decent place to work and I recommend it as long as you can get past your first 3 months. Just be prepared to work sporadically, have different hours every day, and working your butt off.
Usps
I will never recommend anyone to work there! No one gets along everyone has attitudes, there’s drama,(everyday is high school all over again)! Management and supervisor are treated with no respect daily. There offended yelled at by employees but being the employees are protected by the union they never can get rid of them. People don’t show up to work, they hire people but they don’t last long because there is no training, your thrown onto the floor and being you don’t know what to do employees get upset at you and start to talk about you instead of help you do your job.
Repetitive work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most jobs are easy but pay is silly
Working for the postal service used to be a big deal. Not anymore. All new jobs are low paying and not career worthy. If you don't mind getting paid half as much as other people around you then maybe it's ok. If you don't mind getting zilch for retirement or benefits even though everyone else does then maybe it's ok. The jobs themselves aren't very hard, and can be rewarding from time to time. But the USPS can't attract top quality talent anymore because they don't pay new employees worth a darn. So they get mediocre talent and turnover is high. If you are a mediocre talent person and you plan on quitting as soon as you find something better then the USPS is perfect (for now)!

If they hadn't cut the pay and benefits to poverty-level then I would still work there. I had to get groceries at the food bank when I worked for the post office. Since I couldn't afford to feed my children on their silly wages, I quit and found something better. What an embarrassment.
1,0
Stay away
Very toxic environment and management is very unorganized. If it makes sense then the post office does the opposite. That place causes anxiety and depression
Unequal treatment
The harder you work the more work they give you. The lazier you are or the most vocal the less work they give you. Management has no backbone and ignores serious issues or sweeps them under the rug.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Stressfull
Stressfull job lots of overtime if you want it management is not the best in the world they are ussually the ones that don't want to work very hard...
Awful place to work
Unless you have been "converted", it is awful. It might have been my office but there were only 2 competent members of management. The people that have worked there the longest don't care about the job, because they get paid more if the mail isn't processed on time (overtime).
NA
Kontra érvek
Lack of hours, Lack of caring by management
1,0
baised workplace
Management is terrible and will find a reason to ruin anyones day for their entertainment. Highly unethical place to work. Im sure they have to be doing something illegal.
quiting the job
working there
Family Friendly
Early morning required to be at work before 7:30 am, in order to sort your mail route for the day. This helps you plan out your work day for a smooth day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good Career with reliable joburs ho
In a sense this is a high paced and selective career opportunity that allows its employees to gain skills and advance in their selected fields of choice. Very well supervised and good people to work with.
Pro érvek
good pay, fun people to work with, well supervised
overnights, time relevant
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job to enjoy the weather
I start work at 7:30. I begin by standing in line to clock in and then go out and do a vehicle check. Then I come back to the office, grab parcels and load them into the truck along with the letters that are already waiting in the garage. After that, I come back to the office and begin to case up letters and flats into my shelf in order. After all the mail is put up, I head to the street and deliver the mail.

In my 5 years delivering mail, I have learned how the post office loses money every year by the way that it is ran. It is an easy job for the most part. If everyone did their part, it would be a profitable business. I have learned from my co workers that before I started working there, the office was ran much more efficient than it is now. They had supervisors that actually cared about what they did and were nice to their employees. We had one supervisor that was great that ended up leaving us for another city because he hated how ours operated.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the tough winters Iowas has to offer. On the other side of the job, the best part is being able to deliver in nice weather.
Benefits. Freedom on the route. Great pay
Bad management. Lack of communication. Backwards rules
It was an experience
I liked being a mail carrier but I have a life besides working all the time and it made it very hard to have a life outside of work because that is all you did for about 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week! Great pay though.
5,0
forklift
Set on a fork truck, unload trailers and talk to people. .......
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not what i was told when I got hired
good company great people, but was told something differently when I was hired
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés