United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Washington, DC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Washington, DC268 értékelés
268 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 843 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
After working in the private sector 12 years, USPS was quite an experience. I worked in several positions including temporary. In the beginning, there was a very supportive environment but even then I noticed there were a good amount of slackers and people just in it for the paycheck. I left after 12 years. Reason: Cronyism
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is an remarkable company to work for I would definitely recommend this place I started out as a causal worker and evrwry season etc. thangiving
Lots of hours
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is the worst company for which I've not had the pleasure to work. They lack a sense of "team" because they operate as a "Just do as I say-plantation" culture instead of everyone having an input. They're very subjective in their hiring and merit practices, and they seem to only hire friends regardless of qualifications. The environment has a sense of oppression and there is only an upward mobility track for those preferred. The salary increases are pretty much reserved for the PMG and managers. All of these factors make this a horrible place to have to spend eight hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Top executives are all former Operations people so they aren't 100% in tune with sales strategies and development. Trending positively though. No commission or bonus plan.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They have no compation for you if you have kids/family, they work their good workers into the ground, they want us to be robots and keep going and going
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unless you have worked with the USPS for at least 15/20 years, don't apply to anything at HQs, outsiders are not trusted or excepted. Lots of folks in position that they are not qualified for, but they do have 20 years with the USPS. and we wonder why they are losing a Billion dollars or more a miss a lot of delivery deadlines.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a standard 8.5 hour day. There is occasional weekend work. The workload is not too much but can grow quickly and feel overwhelming on occasion. There are many opportunities to meet other government agencies and collaborate with them.
Meaningful work
Kontra érvek
The main bulk of spaces are in DC.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It can be a blessing or a curse based on where you work in the post office. The worst time is becoming a permanent full time employee. Sometimes its quick other times it takes yrs. That's a huge problem for retirement because your time doesn't count until your permanent. And management treats you rough during that time as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
New to the workforce and gave no one to question my availability and work ethic. Learned what I didn't know and found it interesting to work on. When working in a warehouse, it's a lot of work but acknowledging how mail is being scanned and processed, it takes team work and organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I earned a good salary worked good sometimes long hours , worked with a lot good friendly people management respected you , had to lift heavy packages sometimes
Pro érvek
Earned a pay and work good hours
Work long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is rude and they are not concern with creating a safe environment for the employees. All they do is yell and threaten you about firing you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I actually loved this job. Met people that will remain friends/family for a lifetime. Pay is decent. Stress level can be high and some people are shady.... but it’s to be expected when in a high demand area.
Munkahelyi kultúra
13 hour shifts. toxic environment i had a nervous break down i was threaten by management everyday to be fired. stole money from my check and managment committed time fraud. the union is a joke
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've learned alot at the post office the managers an employers helped me with learning the basics of the post office. My most enjoyable moment came from them teaching how to work the parcels an mail
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal office is a great place to work. It's an amazing environment with a great pay scale and benefits. Its requires delivering mail to different set areas. Customer service is a must.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is not a bad place to work but compared to other government agencies, it is lacking - to say the least; especially in salary.

The work is not overwhelming; however, it is not very exciting either.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Upon starting there was NEVER anyone to train me. The work environment was horrible. The commute was almost two hours each way and expensive because I used VRE and Metro.
Salary
No training
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not enjoy being a CCA because they are not appreciated. Working for this company is draining. The managers take advantage of the fact that being a CCA means you’re essentially the “help”. However it should never be to the point where the managers are working you barely giving you a day off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is for someone who is single, don’t have kids, and don’t want to see Their family or friends. They have no flexibility, no set schedules, you will LITERALLY WORK 6DAYS STRAIGHT 12 HOUR SHIFT EVERYDAY. YOU WILL BE DEAD TIRED AND YOUR BODY WILL SLOWLY BUT SHORTLY START SHUTTING DOWN. This job is very strenuous and stressful. Your checks will be nice because of the overtime they give you, but for 17$ hours it’s not worth it. Again This job is for someone who is single, don’t have kids, who don’t want no life, and someone who don’t mind NOT seeing family and friends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You could be a support employee for 5+ years before becoming career which means you work every Sunday, every holiday. You only receive holiday pay for 6 but work all. You have no set off time, work 6 days a week and do ALL of the extra and hard work. Can be forced to go help at locations that are far last minute. Not recommended if you have minor kids as I’ve people being told we don’t care about your kids, the mail has to go. There is no room for advancement or raises until you becomes career. Career and support employees are very sergagated in treatment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Jobs at USPS are challenging but very rewarding. There are great opportunities to network there. They pay you for your knowledge. You would feel there is no other place you would rather want work.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés