United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Washington, DC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Washington, DC271 értékelés
271 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 463 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I sometimes have to question if management have a goal with assigned tasks, decision are always last minute and appears as not planned.Hurry up and wait mentality and rush to get assigned task done, this causes mistakes and rework to get corrected, task are not defined clearly and you are not involved in the designed process
Flex time
Kontra érvek
You have to pay for parking if you drive to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Distribution clerks monitor shipments and process orders in warehouses. This includes tasks such as checking orders for damages, fulfilling shipment orders, and communicating with vendors for prices and order queried.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The good thing that stood out about my employment at the Postal Service is that the organization had good benefits and pay that help me to support my family. During the last 10 years or more of my career, the part that I would say was bad, more management development, training and how to use management techniques to reinforce USPS policies. I believe this would change and build a consistent working relationship between management and employees. Most importantly hire qualified individuals with knowledgeable, professional skills and dedicated mind set that enhance the Postal Service.
Good Benefits
Kontra érvek
Recognize Outstanding Employees More!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is an remarkable company to work for I would definitely recommend this place I started out as a causal worker and evrwry season etc. thangiving
Lots of hours
Short breaks
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is the worst company for which I've not had the pleasure to work. They lack a sense of "team" because they operate as a "Just do as I say-plantation" culture instead of everyone having an input. They're very subjective in their hiring and merit practices, and they seem to only hire friends regardless of qualifications. The environment has a sense of oppression and there is only an upward mobility track for those preferred. The salary increases are pretty much reserved for the PMG and managers. All of these factors make this a horrible place to have to spend eight hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After working in the private sector 12 years, USPS was quite an experience. I worked in several positions including temporary. In the beginning, there was a very supportive environment but even then I noticed there were a good amount of slackers and people just in it for the paycheck. I left after 12 years. Reason: Cronyism
Munkahelyi kultúra
Top executives are all former Operations people so they aren't 100% in tune with sales strategies and development. Trending positively though. No commission or bonus plan.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They have no compation for you if you have kids/family, they work their good workers into the ground, they want us to be robots and keep going and going
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unless you have worked with the USPS for at least 15/20 years, don't apply to anything at HQs, outsiders are not trusted or excepted. Lots of folks in position that they are not qualified for, but they do have 20 years with the USPS. and we wonder why they are losing a Billion dollars or more a miss a lot of delivery deadlines.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a standard 8.5 hour day. There is occasional weekend work. The workload is not too much but can grow quickly and feel overwhelming on occasion. There are many opportunities to meet other government agencies and collaborate with them.
Meaningful work
Kontra érvek
The main bulk of spaces are in DC.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It can be a blessing or a curse based on where you work in the post office. The worst time is becoming a permanent full time employee. Sometimes its quick other times it takes yrs. That's a huge problem for retirement because your time doesn't count until your permanent. And management treats you rough during that time as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
New to the workforce and gave no one to question my availability and work ethic. Learned what I didn't know and found it interesting to work on. When working in a warehouse, it's a lot of work but acknowledging how mail is being scanned and processed, it takes team work and organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I earned a good salary worked good sometimes long hours , worked with a lot good friendly people management respected you , had to lift heavy packages sometimes
Pro érvek
Earned a pay and work good hours
Work long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is rude and they are not concern with creating a safe environment for the employees. All they do is yell and threaten you about firing you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I actually loved this job. Met people that will remain friends/family for a lifetime. Pay is decent. Stress level can be high and some people are shady.... but it’s to be expected when in a high demand area.
Munkahelyi kultúra
13 hour shifts. toxic environment i had a nervous break down i was threaten by management everyday to be fired. stole money from my check and managment committed time fraud. the union is a joke
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've learned alot at the post office the managers an employers helped me with learning the basics of the post office. My most enjoyable moment came from them teaching how to work the parcels an mail
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal office is a great place to work. It's an amazing environment with a great pay scale and benefits. Its requires delivering mail to different set areas. Customer service is a must.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is not a bad place to work but compared to other government agencies, it is lacking - to say the least; especially in salary. The work is not overwhelming; however, it is not very exciting either.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Upon starting there was NEVER anyone to train me. The work environment was horrible. The commute was almost two hours each way and expensive because I used VRE and Metro.
Salary
No training
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not enjoy being a CCA because they are not appreciated. Working for this company is draining. The managers take advantage of the fact that being a CCA means you’re essentially the “help”. However it should never be to the point where the managers are working you barely giving you a day off.