United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tampa, FL

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
91 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 731 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get hired on as a "temp" more or less and told of all the great benefits you will get once you make career (full time) yet it takes years to get to this point. During your stent as a "temp" you get almost no benefits, just straight pay and are worked to death. literally. you essentially have no rights, and can almost be fired at will. Most management is horrible and have no idea how to do your job, yet they tell you how you should be doing it. Inept & stupid rules & policies that hamper you from doing your job efficiently. Money is good, but it's a lot of BS to put up with for it.
Pro érvek
high hourly pay, great benefits once you make career
Kontra érvek
long days, physical work, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a great place to work however there is no type of structure within the plant. Employees do what they want, when they want and there is a lack of discipline.
Make great money
Kontra érvek
Lack of structure, leadership, and discipline
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work is hard, but the collegiality is great. The workplace is far from food, so people routinely cook for a family-size meal and share freely. I love the diversity. A typical day is twelve hours. Overtime is mandatory for lower-level employees. This was my first time in a factory environment, but I mastered the job quickly and I soon got specialized assignments. Management is a constantly changing cast of characters. The hardest part is the overnight hours - a twelve hour shift means leaving work at 8 am. The camaraderie of my coworkers is the best part. They even took up a collection and filled the sympathy card for my mom's death with cash. When I asked why, a team leader said, "That's what we do."
Pro érvek
The work is dependable. No one ever gets fired.
Kontra érvek
Because no one ever gets fired, there is very little room for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and enjoyable working environment, felt as if management could have been better but overall enjoyable working experience.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has taught me to work well with others. I have the opportunity to deal with different customers from different walks of life, so I've developed skills to deal with different personalities. The hardest part of the job has been working the third shift. I work overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have met lifelong friends while working at the post office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Once a week all of the employees were called to a group meeting. We were told we would be fired due to lack of mail volume, then at the end of our shift we would be told we have four hours of overtime and one of our days off would be taken because the facility was behind. The constant moving of machinery and equipment made for dangerous working conditions. Furthermore the constant repeated movements over time caused every single full time employee to have some type of major reconstructive surgery. The Management constantly berated the employees, regardless of output. Then after nearly a year of working there, we were laid off and then offered our jobs back at three dollars an hour less. Overall the United States Postal Service is a very difficult place to work.
Lots of overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people, great work environment. Co-workers were friendly and professional. Managers were fair and the hours were flexible. It was an overall great experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was very happy working for the US Postal Service until I was laid off because our work was moved to Chattanooga TN. Its a good job to have has a college student.
Munkahelyi kultúra
awesome work environment. Great Supervisors and Team building flexibility and great work hours. Typical can be busy with incoming calls and high call volume
Munkahelyi kultúra
Type for 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, work up to 60 hours a week. Night shift. Great pay, but it was hard on my body working nights.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work some times need more direction.Less pressure and more hands on the job.Sometimes too many supervisors that do not communicate in between telling you to do the opposite instruction at the same time at 30 feet of distance between each other. Some times they think they are in the army but is ok my father was in the Army my Granfather Full Coronel and many others in the Airforce- Marines- Intell dep-National Guard. I understand there behavior no problem.I just follow instructions.
steady job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Self-employed as Independent Contractor. Was fortunate be trained by best Analyst on staff. Learned a lot about the USPS, in what it entails to get the mail out. Quite interesting and never a dull moment. Conducting interviews was challenging due to the hours of work and time zones.
Pro érvek
The workforce is required to participate
Munkahelyi kultúra
Your day began with sorting the mail and packages to be delivered as to make the day faster and easier. Management wasn't very friendly/patient and spoke to employees in a harsh and demeaning manor. Co-workers were friendly and helpful with new people as new help was needed. Everyone loved their paychecks, but hated the work environment. Hardest part was the job was the intimidation brought on by management of losing your job for any mistakes and the hurry hurry attitude that causes mistakes, while under the heading of "safety first." The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people you meet on your route, everyone loves the mailman. And the sense of accomplishment at the end of a long hard day of work, when you left the office with a truck packed to the top, and returned with it empty.
Pro érvek
A sence of pride for the job, pay.
Management, not being appreciated
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical night consisted of operating mail processing machines 5 to 6 hours a night under the intense scrutiny of management monitoring all machine inputs and outputs. Learned to work efficiently with co-workers to process mail in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was working with shortage of personnel and work doubles. The best part was seeing the finished product in the morning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a casual, seasonal worker at the distribution plant was a fast paced job. Moving packages from and to trucks to sorting machines and entering data into those machines was a learning experience. I was working the overnight shift with a lot of overtime sometimes 10-12 hours a day. the pay was good. the job lasted for 2 months.
Good pay with overtime.
Kontra érvek
Hard floor that makes your feet hurt, Hard work, short term for casuals, no Benifits .
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work the night flew as i threw mail and sorted each mail into it zip code. I learned different zip codes that each state has Management was great everyone knew what they were doing The regulars are a bit standoff ish but after a while when you start to talk to everyone you see the different personalities and how nice or mean some of them are The hardest part was seeing the mail pilling up and up and up The most enjoyable part was getting the job done
Munkahelyi kultúra
the hardest part of the job was to lift the heavy packaging. to pack the mail was easiest. the money and benefits was great. management was superb.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day I worked the job was never at a stand still, we was always busy with incoming mail and having separate everything before a certain time, I learned from this job time is very important when dealing with mail. Management was always around, helping out at time and complementing us on a job well done and co-workers we barely had time to interact but we did also hek=lp each other out a lot dealing with all the mail.
Hours, Co-workers
Short Breaks, Hot Seat
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at late night. Great to make extra money for holiday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of work, constant movement, and on the holidays plenty of overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Temp assignment, hardest part of the job was managing the hours