United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Springfield, IL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Springfield, IL25 értékelés
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 406 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm retired from the Postal Service and I loved my job because I interacted with customers who came to pick up their mail, certified, express and business reply mail in Caller Service. The supervisors were terrible. Always picked on the workers and wouldn't say anything to people goofing off - which were plenty. Couldn't manage very well at all and that is what I disliked about my job the most. It's a sad place to work because some people don't care of how to handle the mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the job going in. Pay was awesome. People were well seasoned and mostly friendly. Mandatory overtime can be rough because its last minute and you cant turn them down. The training wasnt very good. They put you in areas and expect you to learn on your own. The supervisors were not organized and screamed at you to make deadlines so they would look good. Alot of physical labor involved. Bending, lifting heavy bags, standing in one spot in the heat for up to 12 hours. If you are in good health, i recommend it. You can become a career employee if you stick with it. I didnt like the yelling and not posting the schedule on time
Pro érvek
money and some nice people
poor supervisors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contrary to what is portrayed in public, the USPS culture is extremely toxic. PSEs are treated like garbage. You work six days a week, 8-12 hours a day. Don't expect much of a personal/family life. For PSE clerks, there’s not really a set schedule. Be prepared to work whatever management wants you to work. Management is incompetent, unprofessional, dishonest, and disrespectful. They don’t care about employees. They only care about getting mail out the door. Some coworkers are great and work hard. Others, not so much. Management picks and chooses how and who to apply rules to. If you’re friends with management, you can get away with almost anything. If not, expect a different set of standards. If you can last long enough to get converted to career, then you have it made. Conversion time varies for different locations and crafts. If your ideal job is a dumpster fire, then apply away.
Pay is good
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job security is all management is terrible nothing more pay is decent my coworkers some are cool do not apply if u have small children this job consumes your life.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overworked, exhausted, unhealthy environment. Management is better at writing up employees then keep them. Large overturn and hostile work environment.
Money
Kontra érvek
not healthy, exhausted and overall I started to hate getting up to go to the place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When you first get the job you think your about to make so much money and live a better life not true. The pay I feel like should be more you work in rain snow heat cold and then have to do so much over time. I feel like the pay should be higher and the benefits there are none until you become a regular which takes up to two years. The people are ok nice you get to know them but you have to have tuff skin to work here. Be prepared for long hours taking several routes out and regulars calling off al the time. The take home is only about 1200 once taxes are out and if you work a lot of over time then 1400
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay for the work done as a craft employee. Middle management sucked, no respect from upper management. Too many micro upper managers. Too much bull and favoritism from upper management also.
Munkahelyi kultúra
New people can become supervisors with little to no experience in the postal system. It is very aggrivating when someone that has been employed for less than 1 yr tries to tell a senior employee how to do their job.
Pay
Supervisors are incompetent
Great pay, benefits
Nice people to work with

Negative is they usually promote lazy workers

Meet nice customers on the route or stamp window

A federal part of government that uses 0 tax dollars
Pay, benefits
Long hours, nights
Munkahelyi kultúra
was weird place to work they have sooooo many supervisors but it was fun I only worked sunday and that was not cutting it so i had to move on. I was part of that new position that was created to help kill some of the overtime given
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each day I gathered sorted delivered all letters, magazines and packages assigned to my route, and or helped other carriers on there routes as needed on a daily basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Save yourself the headache and don't apply. They do not treat their employees correctly and your training is a basically sink or swim situation. The job is uncertain until you make it as a career employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
terrible management on cook st if they get rid of certain management its a great paying job very hard work you are always on your feet moving constantly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do my safety checks for the building and the equipment, conduct the morning meeting with my second shift supervisors for the days activities. Pull reports to see how the equipment performed on the other two shifts, also double checking al time and attendance for the maintenance staff. Always mentoring and training my six supervisors from all three shifts.
What I've learned is safety, I am also responsible for all safety in the building and making sure we are OSHA complicate.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the supervisors get better and improve, and also seeing the operations run well while I am off site.

I have worked in NYC, St Louis, Springfield IL.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sort and case mail correctly and with little supervision. Mail must be sorted and cased during a certain time frame. Pull down mail in an orderly fashion to be delivered to the street. Must also separate and organize all small and large parcels. Load vehicle according to driven route. Deliver mail, while driving safely. Stay on a driving and delivery schedule.

I have learned and applied safety procedures while multi-tasking.

Workplace culture in very professional but relaxed. We are all there for a team effort and to help each other as our work permits.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the different amount of mail and packages that could occur on a given work day.

One of the most enjoyable part of the job is, delivering the mail and interacting with the customers.
Good people
Kontra érvek
Not knowing about the abundance of mail or lack there of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there with on and off and they never hired me full time or as a casual. I did not miss a day. I worked seasonal and enjoyed to overnight hours the time went by fast. I like the plant environment and being busy
great pay
didnt get on permanant
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
With machinery doing more manual jobs, there is much more room for errors, a machine doesnt know whether an address is correct if its misspelled or misnamed, only a human brain knows for sure. If a person likes weird hours and days off, its not a bad job, managememt gets most of the weekends off. There is opportunity for advancement, which is not difficult to obtain, you just have to know who to be "buddy-pals" with.
Pro érvek
Two 15 mimute breaks, half hour lunch, overtime and holiday pay, good benefits, paid vacations and sick leave.
Kontra érvek
Weird hours and days off, not a family oriented vocation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Somepeople would say you work for every cent and I agree. If the job is not challenging then the hours are long and tolling. If you are starting out it can be tough but they tell you too make it to career and everything will be fine. I don't think that is true because they seem to hate it and are ready to retire themselves. The managers/ supervisors can be a pain. It can be a heartless evironment but the pay keeps me. I plan to improve the whole structure of it one day.
Pay, long term benefits
Kontra érvek
All the people in higher places and the ones you work with
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work is hetic. I learned to stay to myself & just do my job. The hardest part of the job was that the managers didn't have communication with each other.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not the kind of job you want to be at per say. The money is great but as far as the job culture and moral it is a terrible place to work. There is far too much negativity.
I was temporary help for over the 7 years
I had learned the ins and outs of the mail systems

It was a very hard job, but I did like the achievements I accomplished during the work experience there.

Management was not very productive

Co workers had low esteem
educational