United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: South Bend, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not the worst job I've ever had but they don't keep you informed about a lot of things and you don't know until the last minute. Management doesn't seem to know what they are doing and wait til it's too late to make decisions. Co-workers are mostly decent, but there is a lot of consistent back stabbing. I'm somewhere in the middle with this job, they don't hire seasonal help and stick you with a lot of extra things to do, for the most part I am indifferent about it.
Decent money.
Kontra érvek
Management isn't all bad, but you never hear, hey good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a satisfying experience of sorting ,productive , informative, and satisfying experience to work at the postal service. The employee's were very helpful and took the time to explain things so you could understand and appreciate their efforts.
Pro érvek
Relaxed but productive place to aork
Not enough work time
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was ok to work for them...but no time to yourself working 7 days a week sometimes til after dark...you come home and just want to go to sleep...dont want to eat...and definately cant take breaks to eat or drink ...no time for bathroom breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I found working at the post office one of the most stressful jobs ever. Horrible management tactics, in order to see it on this job you must keep your eye on the prize which is retirement
Munkahelyi kultúra
employees not appreciated very much by management. there's a bad culture of disrespect between management and employees. union is always filing grievences against management for various violations of national and local contracts.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at a processing plant and everyone there was miserable and in pain. Management was completely incompetent and unprofessional, you had to depend on the union to get any questions answered honestly, they work you 60+ hours a week unless you have a doctor's note, and even then they griped about it as if it wasn't a valid excuse. The benefits are great but good luck actually getting time off. You can vomit in front of them and they won't send you home. Wouldn't recommend if you want to keep your body and sanity intact.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a letter carrier for the USPS, it is a lifelong career, but...I started my service too late in life. The work is hard, but rewarding. The customer connections are rewarding. The comradery with fellow carriers is enjoyable. The work is relentless and hard on the body.
wages, benefits, retirement
Kontra érvek
Wear and tear on your body
Munkahelyi kultúra
Run the other way as fast as possible!!! Management is the worst of the worst. This is the reason we have unions in place in this country, and you will need it.
Wages and Benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have no life because you work so much. This is a perfect job for young people that don’t have a family. Very demanding job and very hard on your body. Great for someone in their 20’s.
Co workers
Kontra érvek
Too many hours, no family life and as much as you work not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was not honest or fair. Inter employer-employer relationship which was not very professional. Although the wages were good, there were no benefits for rural carrier associates and trying to take off for vacation time or personal time off, was hard to do.
Good wages
Kontra érvek
No benefits, poor management skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical tour/shift started at 9:30pm until 5:30am with overtime as needed. I had 6 hours of morning orientation and then started my tour the following night. I learned how to separate mail by zip code, sort packages by city, throw/separate skids (bundles of magazines), and prep magazines for automation. My management was ok. I had no issues and they had no issues with me. My co-workers were hit and miss. A lot of them have been there for years and have their own way of doing things for better or worse. I did feel like I had to pick up the slack because they would either take their time or wonder off to start a conversation with a random person to talk about the latest gossip. My teacher who showed me the ropes was great. She was one of the hardest workers there and I admired her dedication and speed getting things done. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I'm not a night person and this was rough on me. There was also occasional heavy lifting. Some of the standard mail crates were crazy heavy! And I'd also have to say the constant standing and walking. Me pedometer said I averaged 25,000-30,000 steps a night! Most enjoyable part of the job was going home and getting a paycheck. I was hired on for the holiday season and then let go in ealy January.
Good breaks, Working inside, Good Paycheck
Temporary job, 3rd shift, Physical
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just like any other factory. You show up, do what you are told, to the best of your abilities.
Worked nights
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job before all the automation came. Too much management.
Pro érvek
Great pay, good opportunities.
job security lost
Munkahelyi kultúra
Culture was harsh.Management could be verbally rude.Injured workers are treated with disrespect.
working outside