United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Sioux Falls, SD

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 726 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to be. If you want a new career, this is the place. Good benefits and tsp company match. Working with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Fair pay
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Given little to no training. Start out as a temp and are given no promises you'll even become a regular employee. In my experience with the postal service I was basically on call which does not appeal to most people with any kind of life outside of a job. Management would constantly call to yell at you, demanding to know how far you'd gotten on your delivery route. Postal vehicles always leaving you sit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a great place to start a career. There are so many different positions that you can apply for. Each one has it's own rewards and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are steps involved for getting hired, it is not an overnight deal. But getting hired, wasn't a bad process and the opportunity internally to learn, grow, and advance is wonderful. I have held a few positions both on the retail side and processing and distribution side. There is so much more to the postal service then I realized when I applied.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked for the USPS for close to two years. I worked as a City Carrier Assistant. It can be quite stressful once you start but once you develop a plan and understand the routes it becomes easier. Enjoyed working outdoors and meeting lots of individuals along the route
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely loved my job and meeting people and working with my peers. I loved being able to work outdoors and being able to talk to my customers and help them with any issues they had concerning delivery issues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, working for USPS is a great experience. The benefits and the career path are attractive. However, with the ever declining mail volume and poor management, it is becoming unpleasant work environment. People here getaway with stuff others get fired for. In some places, there is poor leadership and bad work ethic. Some people work very less due to their extracurricular relations with managers/supervisors while few others do the heavy work. Workers generally don't welcome you at first. You gotta keep a low profile and less communication to smoothly MIX the crowed. If you imagine a fan job before joining, be prepared for a physically demanding and boring work with at times poorly managed environment. Managers assume their position with length of service only without leadership knowledge. I generally recommend USPS but one needs to be prepared for the odds before joining.
Pro érvek
Great benefits for regular employees
Poor work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a holiday help casual mail handler. It paid well at the time and got plenty of hours. I couldn't play music with my band so it killed me emotionally, but that was because i worked night shift. I'm sure if you found a daytime position this wouldn't be an issue.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you work in a plant you better be desperate to fit in and be two faced. Most people slack off. Supervisors are useless. Union reps are fake. Worst place I've worked.
Pay
Environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay while decent is very hit or miss. Some weeks your working a lot other weeks you work once. I would spend everyday just waiting for them to call me into work so I was just not enjoying myself. And training starts well then they just kinda throw you wherever with no training at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical work day: 5am start meet with Subordinates to plan day telecom at 745am telecom at 1000 telecom at 1130 telecom at 1pm call subordinates 7pm
great insurance benefits
not a family enviroment
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good old boy network that tell management to abuse workers no life balance. Supervisors are made to lie on reports by senior supervisors to make themselves look better
Fed job you go to another fed job after 5 yrs
Worst job I ever had and I am marine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone at the company was nice. The work was very intense and if you messed it was a big deal. There really isn't much training. Its more of you watch others do it until they call you up from the bullpen to start helping.
Great Wage
Overnight Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had awesome benefits and great wage to start out with. Seniority plays, so if you're looking for advancement, you'll have to be there a long time. Holidays are crazy, but it pays great.