United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
92 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 734 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working at this temporary job in San Francisco with serious help for the income I'm paid for and an opportunity to try out this place for 10 weeks. I like contributing but am often facing challenges working with some of their staff. Many are rude. I think their opinions are rather too excessive and best left to spare unnecessary negative attitude talk unless some critical reasonable situation warrants explanation. I want to get along yet not feel taken advantage of if my methods does not meet their standards. I view very impolite treatment by people who act like they own this place, and I will speak up to defend my position. I expect to be respected like others do. However, my managers appreciate my help. Also, why do I get sent home sometimes early in the middle of a heavy workload with only one other available employee??
Some Free Food
No Social Distancing in Breakroom, and Using Impolite Attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Currently a CCA and its horrible pay for amount of work performed. Have to work a ridiculous amount of hours to make ends meat.
Pro érvek
Work at own pace, not having to play corporate games
pay, hours, union
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Post Office is a good challenge for me. And I caught on very fast. Nice people to work with. You learn different areas of work space in the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I get the satisfaction of doing a job well. It is important to work at your personal best at all times. The work pace is steady, and if you are a team player, you should do well.
Stability, solid job
Monotonous at times
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned that I'm a team player and can interact and work with different cultures and personalities. Being a carrier is a very hard and demanding job. I'm thankful for the work that they do everyday including Sunday's.
Steady work hours
Commuting across the Bay Bridge
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a part time employee and was laid off and transferred many different places.good experience but no promotion or permanent opportunities.
Pro érvek
lots of on the job learning
Kontra érvek
laid off without a permanent job offer
Munkahelyi kultúra
The actual work/duties are not an issue. The management and the discrimination that goes on in the work place makes things such an hostile work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is my fellow coworkers they keep me sane and make things better.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people, much independence, too much confusion between management, very little communication, and guidelines for what they expect, terrible interpersonal skills. 4 stars was the only rating that was allowed otherwise overall I would rate a 2 or 3.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a jobthat required punctuality in arriving. 5 minutes late could result in a write up. I learned to work under time pressure and work often independently. Supervivion had a lot to be desired however. Mgmt wasn;'t trained very well. The coworkers were often weird but easy to get along with...this is the Post Office, remember? Hardest part was the amount of mandatory overtime I had to work and the lack of appreciation for the effort to do a suburb job. I liked the versatility of hours and assignments which I was allowed to change periodically.
good pay, varied hours
Kontra érvek
poor management, difficult environment...cleanliness and weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job had prestige,intelligent people to work with, a feeling that what you did was important and what you did really mattered to the safety and well being of peoples lives. A typical day would start with a meeting to analyze current situations and determine the most important and discuss avenues to deal with the problems. The hardest part of the job was being away from family for days or weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part was the bantering and socializing with team mates while completing the necessary tasks that were required by the job. I retired from the job but was sad to say goodbye .
Pro érvek
The co-workers. Doing something that mattered.
Kontra érvek
Less time for home life than would be desireable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Organize work areas to ready mail for processing and distribution.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is very hard. You must be prepared at all times or you will lose it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mostly production when i use to work for letter sorting mach and flat sorting mach. I have learned so much when i work for drop shipment i learned how valuable the third class mail for the post office we used to depend on the first class mail but since the e mailing came out first class letter went down dramatically. so know the second class and third class mail took over revenue has pick up for the post office we have discounts for the second and third class that people especially private mailers that attracted to it. working for the post office is a diversify employees different culture different attitude you just have to adjust to it. the hardest part of the job is when post office is loosing a lot of revenue management demands highly on production and management starts downsizing employees loosing their jog bids. My enjoyable moments is when i was working in letter sorting machine although its pretty high in demand on production we have a good Supervisor and a good crew to work with. we have party on Christmas holidays and company picnics. Time goes by everything changes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Respect of who you are starting from janitorial position to management level.
unionized
Kontra érvek
good salary and excellent health benefit
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience. Great People. Great management. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job - walking. Customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
co-workers (most of them) are friendly and helpful. management is great most days. work can be hectic at times but overall its ok.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You need to work hard in the beginning of the job. It is a heavy duty job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
-Typical day at work: no formal training for starting position, everyday is a struggle to perform daily task, and career employees badger you about why you're not adequate at the job-everyday, work procedures always changing, working alongside non-motivated team members -What you learned: You have no say in your career direction in the Post Office unless you've put in too many years wasted -Management: Tends not to agree with each other -Your co-workers: attitudes vary from each person, but most feel used by upper authority's -The hardest part of the job: no formal training for duty assigned, just a "throw in the gauntlet" type of training, and expect employees to pick up the slack -the most enjoyable part of the job: working alongside friendly PSE clerks
Pro érvek
Managers will accomodate school shedule, experienced co-workers offer plenty advice
Kontra érvek
management usu. in disagreement, work setting/procedures changing periordically, moody employees project frustration onto PSE clerks
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consisted of opening the office, unlocking rooms, checking and answering emails, checking the calendar, and completing daily work assignments . I found communicating with management and co-workers to be very good. Although working with prospective new employees was sometimes challenging, I welcomed and appreciated each experience, learning from them.
Opportunity for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
When arriving at work im comfortable because I was surrounded by friendly co-workers that would help me with anything i needed. The work was easy and my co-workers were motivating. I liked that the job was time consuming and made the day go by fast. the hardest part of the job was only when i didn't have nothing to do and had to do something i didn't know how to do.
time consuming work
closed down building
Munkahelyi kultúra
My talents, extensive knowledge and experience were much appreciated by my managers and customers.My work areas were clean, all supplies readily available,access to manuals was excellent.
a very secure job.
Kontra érvek
management's flexibility hampered by rules