United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
92 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working at this temporary job in San Francisco with serious help for the income I'm paid for and an opportunity to try out this place for 10 weeks. I like contributing but am often facing challenges working with some of their staff. Many are rude. I think their opinions are rather too excessive and best left to spare unnecessary negative attitude talk unless some critical reasonable situation warrants explanation. I want to get along yet not feel taken advantage of if my methods does not meet their standards. I view very impolite treatment by people who act like they own this place, and I will speak up to defend my position. I expect to be respected like others do. However, my managers appreciate my help. Also, why do I get sent home sometimes early in the middle of a heavy workload with only one other available employee??
Some Free Food
No Social Distancing in Breakroom, and Using Impolite Attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is physically draining, but rewarding once you learn to perform your duties well. Most career carriers are generous with sharing their experienced base knowledge to help City Carriers become successful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
management is horrible. they treat you like dirt. bathroom's are all nasty looking, so filthy. compared to walmart, post office is the worst place i have worked at.
Pro érvek
over time, fast pace, good money and benefits
Kontra érvek
short breaks and lunch. management unprofessional and rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
lifting items weigh up to seventy pounds, customer service, teamworks, a bit stressful towards hours and assignments, walking miles and miles a day, driving all types of vehicles.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a great company I would recommend anyone work for the Post Office thank you for the opportunity they are also an overall great company to work for
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and move up. Different variety of jobs that you can do in the Post Office. Delivery, clerk, mechanic, technicians, driver, management, etc. Sometimes you get a supervisor or manager that can be rude or unprofessional, but that is how it is everywhere.
Pro érvek
Good pay, long hours, good benefits
Kontra érvek
Change of hours or days off, sometimes no days off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I started in 1985 it used to be a fun and productive place to work. Throughout the years I have learned to work on many mail processing equipment. At one time to be in management you had to know the area you are managing . Now they promote their friends and relatives qualified or not .For the most part most of the workers will do their jobs without supervision, until management tells them to do things that do not make sense. The hardest part of the job is watching management making bad decisions . The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends all these years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
management they abuse their authority. they talk to you however they want. you are required to not take your lunch until the end of your 8 or 10 hour shift.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is fast paced and easy going once you get the hang of learning your route- remembering the addresses and routine that you do. The hardest part of the job would probably be trying to finish your own route then coming back to the office to be told to do another route within a certain time frame that they tell you and if you don't finish or bring back mail it would be hectic for the following person the next day or the work will land back on you for the next day to finish ON TOP of the current day mail and parcels. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting your new customers on your route and getting to them know day by day. You grow onto them and they become your regulars whom you see everyday and becomes your friend at the end.
Benefits & Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is very unorganized and they demand so much from you but don't supply you with the tools to do the job. They have amazing benefits but of course it hits your check hard. They don't pay the carriers enough for the amount of work that they do. The supervisor's don't get paid much at all, other crafts get paid more than the supervisor.
Pro érvek
great benefits and pay depending on your craft
Kontra érvek
can be phyisically draining or mentally draining.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day my technicians and I keep all the Mail Processing Equipment running and processing mail for the daily deliveries . I have learned to fix all the equipment we use at the Post Office. The hardest part of the job is working graveyard shift for 20 years. I enjoy all friends I have made working here.
Job security
Working nights
Munkahelyi kultúra
Duties were fun and challenging yet time consuming. Great people to work around. The day goes by really fast because you stay busy. I learned how to pay attention to detail and great hand wrist dexterity.
Govt position
year assignments
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked in support of the US Post Office in San Francisco, CA. Performed back office IT support, field support. Learned how much different that offices can be within the same organizations. The culture was professional.
Salary and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for USPS would have been great (start pay was higher than minimum wage), but no benefits due to being a "contract only." During hiring process, they tell you that you will be eligible for this and that, then once peak season (christmas) is over, they chuck you off. Expect heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing. Lots of mails and boxes for sorting and scanning. People discriminate here. Mostly asians who have been there for more than 10 yrs think you're too stupid to do their job.
High pay, long breaks
Kontra érvek
heavy lifting, operating machineries that you don't get trained for, forced overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is not your typical 8 hours shift. They make you work your butt off and assign heavy lifting even when it's not your job function. I was a Mail Processor, which means, I scan and sort mails, but often I was also assigned a Mail Handler position which required lifting more than 50lbs huge boxes and no one to help you. Management don't care about their employees and treat you like dirt. Lots of favoritism.
generous breaks
Kontra érvek
heavy lifting, long period of standing, poor management, petty people
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am very happy to be career with the usps , I think when your working as a pse you should still get full benefits because your still doing the same physical work, at some points more, I believe its unnecessary for the supervisors to treat you like youre in prison, ,. the work is extremely more physical than being able to lift 70lbs, as the application describes. im going on 5 and half years , I went through more drama accusations and always felt so under appreciated for the work I have done.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
waiting so long for benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
As the lowest person on the totem pole, even after becoming a regular, you are expected to work over 8 hours a day often throughout the week. When you return to the station exhausted after 10+ hours, you may get yelled at for not finishing up your delivery.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a busy day everyday at the USPS which helped the time pass quickly. I learned how to effectively provide quality Customer Service to Customers that weren't always in the best of spirits; making their USPS experience as pleasant and efficient as possible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience with the USPS was one marked by long hours. At least 11-12 hour shifts, 6 days a week. The USPS is shorthanded. More people are retiring than are coming on and because of that, the atmosphere is that 11-12 hour shifts are the norm. If the USPS wants to keep people it needs to bring on more City Carrier Assistants(CCAs). I was the only new CCA of many months at that station. Remember that its your job to ask for a worker's comp package because your super isnt going to offer it.
Pro érvek
outdoors, higher pay than other entry level jobs
Kontra érvek
long hours, little benefit before your probation is up
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel that the USPS is not for all. I thrived on the truck loading docks, because I was physically active, & there was always something new to think about. However, on the few occasions that I was transferred inside, I felt stifled. Some of this was due to my size. Most of the work stations on the interior of the Processing Center were designed for people who have a height not greater than 5-ft 8-in. I stand at 6-ft 5-in, so this put me at a stooped disadvantage. Also, the management needs to train their workers more. Ofrten enough, I was given tools that I was utterly unfamiliar with, & expected to be able to master within minutes. This was not productive, as I could have injured myself or others, numerous times, but since I did not, I have to be grateful to my co-workers who taught me what I needed to know. I give the US Post Office a 5.
great comaderie
Uncomfortable Break Rooms, no lunch pay, vending machines always broken
Munkahelyi kultúra
My first real job that paid a living wage to rise my family and buy a house. Made a lot of good friends. Had many positions within the organization. Learned a lot about the U.S. and about the world on cultures and customs.
Pro érvek
At times a fun place to work
Kontra érvek
management sometimes hard to reach