United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
92 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 734 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working at this temporary job in San Francisco with serious help for the income I'm paid for and an opportunity to try out this place for 10 weeks. I like contributing but am often facing challenges working with some of their staff. Many are rude. I think their opinions are rather too excessive and best left to spare unnecessary negative attitude talk unless some critical reasonable situation warrants explanation. I want to get along yet not feel taken advantage of if my methods does not meet their standards. I view very impolite treatment by people who act like they own this place, and I will speak up to defend my position. I expect to be respected like others do. However, my managers appreciate my help. Also, why do I get sent home sometimes early in the middle of a heavy workload with only one other available employee??
Some Free Food
No Social Distancing in Breakroom, and Using Impolite Attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
I interned as a Field OIE at San Francisco main P&DC. Our project was to reduce office hours at Post Office Station in downtown. We were trained Lean Six Sigma before the project was introduced. Project involved traveling to different stations in San Francisco with 70% field and 30% office. Overall, it was a fun project interacting with City Carriers, Supervisors, and Manager to complete our project.
Pro érvek
Freedom, try out different tasks to meet the goal.
Kontra érvek
Some bureaucracy to wait on approval.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Congress passed the law for us Vietnam era Veterans for a guaranteed job with the United States Postal Service thank God for that Good place to work.
Guaranteed work
Kontra érvek
Jealous group leaders in the custodial Department
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is ok the environment is no good. And management are always on the computer. And all you ever here from orther employee no body cares. I think they need to change all that are in charge of the company. No wonder no one I know wants to work for the post office.
Pay ok
Kontra érvek
Management dont in force safety all talk
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy competitive work. Makes day go by faster. Able to work various positions if help was needed. Management was great she was really concerned with well being of employees.
Pay
No career advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great and fun co workers. Long work days, 10 to 14 hours. fast paced environment job benefits are top notch. Job security, as long as you don't do anything over the top crazy.
Pro érvek
long term benefits, job security
long hours, physically demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS was a cool experience though the Management can take an etiquette class or two. Overall I would say that I would recommend working at the Untied States Postal Service
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a mail carrier was very stressful. The training is done too fast, new people work more than 10 hours a day, sometimes out as late as 11 pm delivering mail, helping other people when they’re behind and your done on time. This job took so much time away from my kid.
Good hours
Away too much
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didnt take a single break/lunch break while working at the post office. Supervisor was constantly calling my cell phone to get updates on where I was located. I was almost shot in shoot out during my route and was told "hahaha get used to it, its a bad neighborhood"
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a great place to work if you can handle being supervised by people that barely know what they’re doing. It’s an easy job with the only hard part being that you have to go to work. They offer overtime & holiday pay.
Easy
Management doesn’t listen
Munkahelyi kultúra
I Loved this job and my coworkers everything was perfect my schedule was always the same it never changed everybody was understanding and caring it was always something to do it was always something to do the pay was good
Munkahelyi kultúra
deliver the mail on different routes everyday. I was an temporary employee so whoever didn't want to deliver their mail that day I had to there was no choice. very dirty and cut throat business. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
bad place to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working at the post office very much the pay is ok not enough pay for cost of living.Its hard labor which i like fast pace work and time effeciency.
Overtime
Kontra érvek
Work schedule hard to get days to attend to my kids scholl scedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a very demanding job. They want you to work seven days a week and at least 10 hours a day. It is a very physical job. You walk for long periods of time, and you have to lift heavy parcel packages daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a nice place to work. No respect for employees. Supervisors don't speak English around you and is always on your back. No help from higher management. Only one off day and very short breaks.
many/mainly poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to lose weight. Very fun place to work. You can listen to music and do your work. The breaks are well and your lunch is an hour long sometimes.
Great workout
Sometimes overwhelming
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced and very tiring and the hardest part of the job is lots of lifting sometimes more than 50 pounds. Also dangerous because of the many machine and equipment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast pace. Work can be a bit boring and slow at times. Getting hold of management for a answer can be slow in coming. Great benefits, Will take some to get there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard workers are rewarded with harder and harder tasks to complete which management knows can not be done and then mistreated for not being able to do so.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for post office is a great experience with great benefits from all kid of insurance they offer and 401k , stocks , and paid vacation and sick leave. but if i want to grew and go up , its going to take long times . i want to look for something more challenging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail was memorized based on zip codes. we either key mail on The LSM Machine at approximately 60 letters per minute, to a particular station, depending on the zip code. Or we cased this mail at the manual station. After Trucks loads of the mail has been processed be would pack it, box it, load it into containers and send it to the trucks to be delivered to various small stations, this is call dispatch. I did this for 20 years. I learned the responsibility of having a career job and sticking with it. Most of management were personable with the employees. Employees were allowed to have there parties and lunches and even Super Bowl Parties, just as long as their work was done. Hardest part of the job was dispatch time, because that was rush time, and stay safe from injuries at the same time. The most enjoyable time for me was during the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign). I was chosen to be one of the representatives from the S.F. District to campaign for the nonprofit organizations in the Peninsula area. The campaign Kicked off in September every year, and ended in either December or sometimes January. This gave me the chance to do something for other people who weren't able to do for themselves - some the Book with the names of the non-profit organizations would have as many as 1,500 organizations and more that we were campaigning for. I found it a privilege.
Pro érvek
A Secure job with benefits, that also reached out to the CFC to help non-profit organiations to help people in need.
Kontra érvek
You have to be careful, do not let anyone rush you. That's only body you have.