United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
San Francisco, CA91 értékelés
91 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 438 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
They offer great benefits but the pay is basically minimum wage. The work is demanding and really dirty. When you leave your whole body is sore but your check doesn't reflect the work you put in.
Great Benefits
Kontra érvek
Heavy lifting and bending. Low salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got hired as part-tile career, only to find out that it was 6 days a week mandatory, or else it would be “insubordination”. You’ll only have one day off for the first year till you become a “regular”. This is a kill or be killed environment and management is vicious. You will be expected to carry one full route plus 2-4 hours of extra mail with parcels. Work hours are from 7:30-8/9pm daily.
Great pay
Kontra érvek
No life and bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pros: great benefits, pension, retirement plan, 50 hours of work get me about $1000/week after deductions.

The cons:

1. Management: Toxic environment, continuous yelling, harassment while you are out delivering (they’ll call me about every 45 minutes to rush me), if you don’t finish your workload within 8 hours—more yelling, regardless of the mail load. As a PTF we are essentially substitutes, it’s quite difficult to memorize a route when you receive a different assignment everyday. Since the coronavirus pandemic started I’ve worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week with no lunch break, just trying to finish the workload.Regretful career, but with the pandemic in place it is difficult to find employment Time off is frowned upon.It is very difficult to spend time with your family as you get home exhausted with an average of 10 miles walked per day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can try your hardest and go as fast as you can and it is never enough always rushing and being moved from place to place around the whole warehouse floor and loading docks
And they say safety is priority but doing things fast and unsafe is what they really look for
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at USPS was a great company to work with. It is a very hectic and busy work, and very physical job as well. I learn how to deliver the mail and packages on time and at the correct address.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management has begun ignoring the unions to the degree they did before The Postsl Strike of 1970. They will work you like Boxer from Animal Farm 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and treat you poorly.
Pro érvek
Eventually, the sweet release of death happens to us all.
Kontra érvek
Anything and everything about working for USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During the time I spend working, I obtain a large experience, working with a versatility of employee of different races. Also I learn how to deal with an environment of fast operations and distribution to comply with the daily exceptions. Experience dealing with Unions. Get capacitation and training frequently to maintain update with the duties in charge. Construct and learn the different cultures of the employees.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, obtains variety of knowledge in an operations and distribution areas.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, difficult to be promoted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working for the United States Postal Service. They made it a fun safe work environment if given the opportunity I will go back. One of my best jobs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful place to work for a career
Lots of opportunities salary increase every year

Great benefits and vacation time

Worked independently or with others

Collected postage due and handled registered mail worth thousands of dollars

Learned about safety environments and how to detect packages that could be dangerous

Spoke with customers on phone or in person
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will work very hard especially the first few years. Once you get career appointment, you will have excellent benefits. Assignments will be bid by seniority...hardest to easiest. Be prepared for management using psychology on you...this is irritating. Management is autocratic. After 15 years, you will feel they are never happy with your performance. This is the psychology....gets you to run faster. They have collected stats on your performance and will make you run against yourself. The harder you work the larger the workload. The trick to survive is to do your job professionally and be safe and try to ignore the manipulative tricks to get you to run against yourself. You must pace yourself and be consistent because it is a marathon and not a 1 year deal...but don't tell them that.
Lots of walking, lifting, driving, handling accountables like registered and certified letters, postage due etc. A lot of hand scanning parcels as well as barcoded points along your route to establish how long it takes you.

Good compensation and exercise but demanding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work if you wish to lift heavy packages, night shifts and long day standing and moving. Reimbursement is very less for this job kind.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management knows nothing. Big bosses are technically supervisors who have been granted the authority to work hard workers harder, and workers who don't work they don't bother. Employees in the craft of mail handler assistant are worked to the Bone for years without becoming a permanent regular worker. Mha and Pse's have no real legal rights to real Union representation. Big bosses are married and sleeping with married supervisors and granting them acting mdo status. Favoritism and nepotism has now become the culture of the u.s. postal services. Hard workers are overlooked and not appreciated for the work that they do. Upper management lies and makes promises that they have no intentions of keeping. Could be a great place to work if everyone was treated the same and held at the same standards. Absolutely no SOP for any shifts. It's a paycheck.
Paycheck
Everything Else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management at USPS is very rude to their employees, Some of the workers are bullies and gossip a lot. It is like a High school. When my co worker first started working as a pse clerk a a few years ago when it was time for her to become a regular full time employee somehow her name was taken out of the computer for payroll and the roster. She only received 60 percent of her pay which included 2 money orders at $350 each. She was told by management that they could not put her name back in the system and that it was like she was working for free. This happened for about 4 months. It was so bad she called Congress in Washington and contacted and attorney. They made her take off work 3 different times. Two of those times were after she clocked in.
Short breaks, Overworked, Cannot talk on work floor, hold lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there as a Mail handler for 8 years.they show you and tell what to do.so you don't have to worry. It's fast paced,but you have to pay attention to details.
Pro érvek
very good medical coverage, pays very good.
Kontra érvek
must be able to work on Christmas more than 8 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working as as a mailprocessor is very stressfull specialy on 3rd shift because every piece of mail hs to be dispatched, there is alot of yelling, as a mail processor you are required to process 10,000 pieces of mail every hour, not allowed to leave the machine one has to be relived to go restroom, regular breaks, if one fails to meet the required quota we get writen up for not working fast enough there is always two supervisors watching you at all times, all and all a very stressfull place to work, and alot of senior employees that are no longer productive takjes advantage of the new employees, by letting them do 97% of the pysical work and alot of politics I would not mind working as a custodian they have the least stressfull job in the USPS.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
stressfull evironment, too much politics personell on drugs to deal with stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
You’ll end up doing something more than just sorting and scanning mail in a processor machine. Lets just say I had a swing shift meaning afternoon shift. Don't ever say anytime when it comes to mail processing and mail handling for this interview you’ll regret it by the time they assign you to work a shift. They run 24/7 in 3 shifts. Night Shift is the worst and Swing Shift is the 2nd worse hopefully you're lucky for a Tour 2 morning shift you'll get a good overtime.Be prepared to work lots of overtime don't know why they do that to you is not for everyone. If you live alone, single and have nothing to look forward with your life with everything especially not living with parents or kids this is a job for you. I regret applying for this position but I give it a try I couldn't do it I have a reasonable life to live for. You’ll lose a lot of energy If you tough and you do live in the SF area plan ahead for transportation or driving. If you live further from the East Bay like me don't not work in SF, it'll be impossible for you to go home and sleep. You won’t have time to do much cause the next couple hours after you wake up you go straight to work. Be strong with lifting things especially mail bins. I left (resign<——remember this word in case you need to do a form) because is a hard job and commute sucks. Just be PSE SSDA don't ask why you'll regret if you apply for mail processing clerk position and good luck on getting through 90 day probation I only last 8 days.
Pro érvek
good breaks, vending machines, guaranteed benefits
Kontra érvek
few supervisors with a tough accent, loud environment, clock in Striction, Physical Labor, Safety
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely bad difficult nasty place to work. When you temp you must carry mail for others Employees who does not want to go out on the rain or whatever read they give
Kontra érvek
Be prepared to carry other people's mail all the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad management and scheduling. They don't really care how hard they have to work you, just that the work gets done, totally understaffed and poor management. Made me feel unwanted and unwelcome.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday at work no matter what craft you work or pay location at the post office there is always plenty of work to be done and pressure to get it done in a timely manner. They rely a lot on employees being there more than any other thing, there is very little to no flexibity. I feel like its a good job for order people, singles without children and those who do not have a lot of hobbies, obligations, and responsibilities outside of work. But if your a student, have another job you work, a parent of younger children, or a care taker to someone older or ill in your household this is not the company you should be working for.

I learned a lot about mailing, postal procedures, and the history and service that USPS provides that sort of make you feel a sense of purpose in your job and how you serve the country. But I have also been learning that the Postal Service is fighting to keep up with todays technological advancements, the decline in sales and use of first class mail and and trying to keep up with services and the expectations that are promised to customers. USPS is always hiring, because there is always a high turnover rate for CCAs (Mailman) and the Clerk craft (processing or SSDA clerk) conversation time from being a PSE (Postal Service Employee/non-career) to Full-time regular career employee is long with most people not staying long enough to become regular. So their always hiring for addition help but that additional help don’t last for long especially if your in need of the benefits offered to regular employees now.

Management is very stressed (resulting to
 - több...
Pro érvek
Job security, many different assignments within craft careers, jobs beyond operation jobs available, and opportunities for relocation
Kontra érvek
Understaffed at times, long conversion wait time, low wages if you live in a COLA area and no offers little to no flexibility with work schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dont work there. Seriously have you ever heard of the term "go postal" well let me say... its so true. Work life is horrible, bad negative culture, no time to myself to travel
Munkahelyi kultúra
I interned as a Field OIE at San Francisco main P&DC. Our project was to reduce office hours at Post Office Station in downtown. We were trained Lean Six Sigma before the project was introduced. Project involved traveling to different stations in San Francisco with 70% field and 30% office. Overall, it was a fun project interacting with City Carriers, Supervisors, and Manager to complete our project.
Pro érvek
Freedom, try out different tasks to meet the goal.
Kontra érvek
Some bureaucracy to wait on approval.